PDA

View Full Version : Airport security?

charlene_d
11-16-2008, 08:49 PM
I am going on a business trip the end of this week. I was wondering if any of you girls have been hassled by airport security either in your carry on or your checked baggage? Thanks.

Charlene D.

Jenna1561
11-16-2008, 09:07 PM
Never hassled. I've travelled in drab with everything packed and no problem. I've travelled dressed as Jenna - no problem. Just wear comfy shoes that are easy to get on and off. I primarily use American Airlines and they have always treated me the gender I'm presenting and they've treated me well.

Jenna

sissystephanie
11-16-2008, 09:07 PM
Hassled in what way? They don't care what you wear, at least they shouldn't care. Unless you are trying to sneak something past security. I have flown many time wearing panties and a bra (not underwire!) and with panties and other femine garments in both my carry on and my checked luggage. Never had a problem. Being human, they might make comments but who cares?

Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

PeggySue
11-16-2008, 09:44 PM
This was a topic recently and Ashlyee Paige replied to let us know she is a TSA official. She is willing to answer anyone's questions if you want to PM her. The thread is about a dozen pages back, 11/2 dated. And it is entitled the High Flying Club with several responding.

In a word, you will be treated as if you were a women should you be traveling with that presentation and there are no problems having different gender clothes in your bags. They don't know if you are traveling with someone or not and sharing a suitcase.

Hope that helps.

TxKimberly
11-16-2008, 09:44 PM
As with Jenna, I've traveled drab with everything in my bags, and I've done a lot of flights dressed, and either way I've never been hassled.

sandra-leigh
11-16-2008, 11:02 PM
However, liquid/jell breast forms should not be carried in carry on luggage, over the 3 oz. limit. Ok to wear them.

I posted specific reference to TSA regulations indicating that breast forms are considered medical devices (even if they are for purely cosmetic purposes) and will be permitted as carry-on luggage, with no upper-limit on weight/volume. However, it is required to declare these items separately at the "do you have any liquids" checker, and required to pack and check them through separately.

My memory is that the specific declaration is required for breast forms that are being worn -- but the TSA is also supposed to display "sensitivity" about this.

Ashlyee Paige
11-16-2008, 11:12 PM
I would be happy to answer anything you might have :> You should not be harrassed AT ALL by airport security. All officers take recurring training in diversity and are trained and repeatedly triaing in dealing with transgendered. They should process every passenger according to how you present yourself. You should have no problem with your DL as long as pertinent info is correct (i.e height ect..) and you are using your gov issued ID. gender does not matter. You actually can take breast forms in carry on or checked baggage, They are considered a medical device and you will not have to abandon them and will cause no security concerns. You do not have to mention wearing forms at all either. If you ever have a problem you always have the right to speak to a supervisor and if that does not resolve your concern ask to speak to a manager. Customer service and diversity is a very big concern with TSA although many people may not think so. make sure all your liquids, creams, gels, like toothpaste, makeup and anything of that type consistenct is in a ziplock baggie and removed from your bag and placed in the bin, as long as you don't have anything prohibited you should be ok, try to wear clothing with as little metal as possible and remove as much metal jewelery first. If you alarm the metal detector you will be sent to be searched and it will be by a female officer. If you have ANY questions feel free to post them here :> I will monitor this thread to help everyone out as mush as I can. I have posted links below to relevant articles as well as the TSA contact information, If you are treated unfairly AT ALL, please make a comment, they take these matters VERY seriously and they will do everything thay can to resolve the issue. i hope this helps :>

Prohibited items
http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/prohibited/permitted-prohibited-items.shtm

compaint/contact information
http://www.tsacomplaints.com/complain/
Phone: 1-866-289-9673
E-mail: TSA-ContactCenter@dhs.gov

Jennifer Lynndon
11-16-2008, 11:48 PM
I would be happy to answer anything you might have :> You should not be harrassed AT ALL by airport security. All officers take recurring training in diversity and are trained and repeatedly triaing in dealing with transgendered. They should process every passenger according to how you present yourself. You should have no problem with your DL as long as pertinent info is correct (i.e height ect..) and you are using your gov issued ID. gender does not matter. You actually can take breast forms in carry on or checked baggage, They are considered a medical device and you will not have to abandon them and will cause no security concerns. You do not have to mention wearing forms at all either. If you ever have a problem you always have the right to speak to a supervisor and if that does not resolve your concern ask to speak to a manager. Customer service and diversity is a very big concern with TSA although many people may not think so. make sure all your liquids, creams, gels, like toothpaste, makeup and anything of that type consistenct is in a ziplock baggie and removed from your bag and placed in the bin, as long as you don't have anything prohibited you should be ok, try to wear clothing with as little metal as possible and remove as much metal jewelery first. If you alarm the metal detector you will be sent to be searched and it will be by a female officer. If you have ANY questions feel free to post them here :> I will monitor this thread to help everyone out as mush as I can. I have posted links below to relevant articles as well as the TSA contact information, If you are treated unfairly AT ALL, please make a comment, they take these matters VERY seriously and they will do everything thay can to resolve the issue. i hope this helps :>

Prohibited items
http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/prohibited/permitted-prohibited-items.shtm

compaint/contact information
http://www.tsacomplaints.com/complain/
Phone: 1-866-289-9673
E-mail: TSA-ContactCenter@dhs.gov

Oh my!

This thread is like a dream come true for me!

Although I have done a great deal of modeling for a variety of photographers, I have always wanted to travel fully dressed. I have several genetic girls who are all about taking me out for a weekend in San Francisco, Las Vegas or other places, but I was always very concerned. I'm not fooling anyone. I'm 6'-6" in drab and bare feet. All dressed up in heels and hair I'm approximately 7 feet tall!

I always had a fear that my total inability to "Pass" would have me arrested as some sort of freak, sitting in an airport security jail until the authorities finally realized I was completely harmless, only to miss my flight and ruin the whole weekend.

I travel a great deal for business and have never seen a transgendered person ... and as a T-Girl model, I have what I believe is a very good eye for any and all other T-girls.

It sounds like this girl just might need to book a few flights for some holiday travel and leave all drab clothing at home!!!

How great would that be???!!!

I'm getting so excited I'm starting to cry!!!

Ashlyee Paige, Thank you sooooo much!!!

I LOVE YOU!!!

Ashlyee Paige
11-17-2008, 12:14 AM
Jennifer,

You are very welcome! :> we see so many different people daily at the airport and you would be surprised how many transgendered men and women travel. It is more common then you would think. Officers have dealt with so many issues that is is so common place now in the airport that no one bats an eye when someone arrives. I feel bad that many people feel threatened by security, we do scrutenize everyone but not to judge what someone wears or is dressed but if they pose a threat to security. going thru security in this post 911 time is a very stressful experience for alot of people and travelling enfemme adds to it for a person, we see it all the time and are really more concerned about a gun, weapon or explosive is in a persons bag that the type of clothing. The airport is so busy and so many people traveling thru that as long as the rules are followed, ie shoes off, laptop in bin seperate, liquids out ... as soon as you and your belongings are cleared you we are already screening the next person and you are pretty much forgotten, I know it sounds impersonal, with the threat always there planes getting blown up is really our only concern. dont ever worry about getting put in the jail cell there or being detained, those are reserved for criminals, not people being themselves :>

Jennifer Lynndon
11-17-2008, 12:42 AM
Jennifer,

You are very welcome! :> we see so many different people daily at the airport and you would be surprised how many transgendered men and women travel. It is more common then you would think. Officers have dealt with so many issues that is is so common place now in the airport that no one bats an eye when someone arrives. I feel bad that many people feel threatened by security, we do scrutenize everyone but not to judge what someone wears or is dressed but if they pose a threat to security. going thru security in this post 911 time is a very stressful experience for alot of people and travelling enfemme adds to it for a person, we see it all the time and are really more concerned about a gun, weapon or explosive is in a persons bag that the type of clothing. The airport is so busy and so many people traveling thru that as long as the rules are followed, ie shoes off, laptop in bin seperate, liquids out ... as soon as you and your belongings are cleared you we are already screening the next person and you are pretty much forgotten, I know it sounds impersonal, with the threat always there planes getting blown up is really our only concern. dont ever worry about getting put in the jail cell there or being detained, those are reserved for criminals, not people being themselves :>

Thanks again Sweetie!
You have really put me at ease. You may never know just how much better I feel.

My height, particularly my legs, are a favorite with a number of photographers and patrons at southern California clubs, but the vanilla public can throw me the most disgusted looks I have ever seen. My girlfriend laughs and agrees with my assessment on the looks that others give me but she also says that I'm so big that people are concerned that I'll kick their arse!

LOL I'm the most easy-going person ever. I'm not interested in fighting anyone, but I am aware of those who have a problem with transgendered people.

I have wanted to travel enfemme for countless years but was always concerned that a "really big dude in a dress" would cause such a concern that traveling simply wouldn't be possible.

Thanks again Ashlyee Paige!

You're the best!

I'm going to book a flight to San Francisco right now!

Jennifer

Scottey1
11-17-2008, 01:08 AM
Hi, Charlene.
I just flew back from Tampa to Indy dressed and had no problems whatsoever. All of the TSA staff were very professional and made no comments other than have a nice day. I admit - I was nervous, but once thru security, and in the airport, I was able to blend in like a regular girl. I do have to thank Joann and TXKimberly for their incite that gave me the confidence to even try. And we are so lucky that Ashlyee Paige can give us the straight scoop from a TSA perspective (thank you, Ashlyee!).
Go ahead and do it. You'll be surprised how little people notice and how much you wil enjoy it! Good luck and let us know how your flight goes!

Princess29
11-17-2008, 01:44 AM
I work as a passenger screener at an australian airport and I can say that all that we care about is that people dont carry anything on them like weapons or that whatever is in their bag doesnt violate any of the airport or government rules.
We arent going to humiliate a male passenger if they have makeup or anything in their bag that might be considered feminine

Bernadina
11-17-2008, 02:32 AM
Not sure I want to travel dressed in Canada. Given our airport's security reputation, they'd probably taser first and ask questions after.

Lana_CD
11-17-2008, 04:44 AM
I recently flew roundtrip and had absolutely no problems with security. I was completely underdressed including underwire bra and D size forms both ways. They never gave me a second look that I noticed.
Lana

jillleanne
11-17-2008, 08:48 AM
I had my super perks confiscated at Ohare in Chicago near when 911 occurred. Security wasn't taking any chances on the contents in the form. No, they didn't reimburse me either the *******s.

charlene_d
11-22-2008, 03:03 AM
Traveled out Thursday in drab. I normally I check a bag with my shaving kit (since this was just an overnight I went with just a carry-on.) I removed all of the liquids but forgot about a small pocket knife I put in the shaving kit for emergencies a few years back. TSA saw the knife on x-ray. The officer dug through the high heels, stockings and dress to find the shaving kit and knife. Loss of the knife was no biggie. She was very discrete, the area was shielded and no embarassment. She didn't even remove any of the clothes.

I thought with the pocket knife gone I'd sail through security on the way back on Friday. X-ray picked up my belt buckle. She didn't like my can of shaving cream either (the shaving kit again).

So, two out of two hits. Both were pretty low key although it is pretty exciting to see your bag being pulled off to the side. I'd like to try it with just the girl stuff and see if I get tagged.

Charlene D

Shawnacdin
12-01-2008, 08:31 PM
I was through the airport this weekend and I was not hasseled. They don't seem to care if your dressed as long as you don't look shiftty.

wannabie
12-01-2008, 11:02 PM
For those of you that have traveled enfemme, have any of you ever been told that you look different from your picture?