PDA

View Full Version : Another CD/Dating question

Alicia_lynn419
11-16-2008, 10:08 PM
Hi Girls,

Yep.. another CD and Dating question.. but perhaps with a different angle. For those of you who are single, and dating... do you ever struggle to balance the masculine side of yourself vs. the feminine side of yourself? Trying to keep in good shape is one thing... trying to "project" yourself as a "man" is another. Women tend to be attracted to "masculine men". So how can we, as single CDs, balance the urge to be feminine, and still pass as being "masculine: enough to attract GGs?

This is the question that's been rattling around my head lately... would love to hear your opinions.

Allie

2B Natasha
11-16-2008, 10:24 PM
I think it all depend son what circles you run in or what circles you want to run in. Each social class has there definition of what they want. A man in a sharp suit with perfectly quaffed hair and the right accessories in the right setting is going to get more action then a cowboy in the same setting. It also is vice versa of course.

I wouldn't make the connection between masculine and muscular. These are to different stereotype ideals and while they can be connected they don't have to be.

Just my two rambling cents.

balletchick
11-16-2008, 11:51 PM
Not all women are attracted to muscular macho men, and I dont think I'd be interested in a woman that was. Just like I wouldn't date a republican or a religious woman what's the point?

Kelly DeWinter
11-16-2008, 11:59 PM
Hmmm, my gf watches football, while I work on art projects and /or sew. I think my car needs a simple oil change, but I hate mechanical devices, even a door hinge. I wear wigs, female clothes and like to cook ...... yet I'm still considered attractive (i'n my humble opinion) . My advice ...... be yourself.

Magickman
11-17-2008, 08:04 AM
This question hits the root of the conflict which afflicts so many CDs; the secret life that tears at the fabric of their relationships.

The oft repeated story is that months or years later, the hobby is discovered, with disasterous consequences. Or else it is, "How do I tell my SO?"

A number of women have met me, in my dressed persona, and then rocketed out of my life. I say, "Hello," "Goodbye," as they zoom off.

I take this as a sign, that these were not matches made in heaven.

The ones who see beyond the superficial layer of clothing, as those are are more worth getting to know.

Since I will never impress anyone as a lumberjack, or as a special forces warrior anyhow, why not express my personality outright?

The last thing I need is a fake relationship, based on lies and deception.

Besides, some women find me cute in a skirt and heels. or so they tell me.

sometimes_miss
11-19-2008, 01:46 AM
Long ago, I learned to 'project' as a stereotypical alpha male does in order to get women to accept when I asked them out. The problem becomes when and if to tell them the truth, or slowly stop being so 'in charge' of everything that they no longer see me that way (which has always made most of them lose interest in me anyway, so the eventual split just happens sooner). At this point in my life, online at least, I've put the crossdressing out there so women will know beforehand and I won't feel like I'm deceiving anyone about who and what I am. But it's not working....I'm not getting anyone interested at all. And, knowing that so many women get upset when they DO find out, I can't bring myself to start dating someone without they're knowing. It's a lose-lose situation, and I don't know how to fix it.

Teri Jean
11-19-2008, 09:11 PM
Just give me a wonderful woman that likes me for who I am and can live with another woman (me) in the same house. I really don't care about social circles, been there and done that. Keli

Celeste
11-20-2008, 12:14 AM
Balance...I say don't be someone your not,I need someone to accept all of me wherever that balance may fall.If they have trouble with that then its a sure sign things wouldn't work out anyway.I've found many women have different views of what masculinity means to them with not all of them thinking a "manly" type will always satisfy their needs,especially if their older.

Jess_cd32
11-21-2008, 04:41 AM
Not all women are attracted to muscular macho men, and I dont think I'd be interested in a woman that was. Just like I wouldn't date a republican or a religious woman what's the point?

Ummm, my SO is a republican, she's gorgeous, sexy, great sense of wit and humor and if you ever saw her wearing a mini and platforms I think you'd change your mind whether you'd date one or not:thumbsup::heehee:

I agree though w/ your first sentance, I've seen alot of unmacho guys I guess you could say that had nice looking foxes on their arms plenty of times. That's an old steriotype that women only go for the macho type.