PDA

View Full Version : My house for sale and the potential buyers

2B Natasha
11-16-2008, 10:16 PM
Please bare with me. It's a bit long but I think funny story

Let me set the scene.

My house is for sale. Yea, in the economy. Needless to say, not much action.
It's Sunday night at 5:30. The sun is down and I have crawled into a nice hot bath with my book.

All of a sudden my dog starts going bananas. I think he sees a squirrel and try to ignore him. Then I hear voices in my yard.
Now I'm thinking " There can't be people here to look at my house, NOW. I didn't even have an open house today! "

So I crawl out of the bathtub and sure enough. There on my door step are 4 people looking in my window.
What to do. Do I let them in or do I hope they go away and crawl back into my tub?

I decide to let them in as there is a key in a box for the realtor. On with the robe, flowing cotton Japanese design almost floor length, and the thong slippers.

Now at this point I am as I came into the world under my robe. Except for the fact that I keep my toes a perfect shade of red. What ever, it's my house and if they want it and my toes bother them then thats there problem, not mine.

Go to the door let them in. Where they surprised! They thought the house was empty when they showed up! So I invite them in to look around. Say sorry for the robe but I was in the bath. The women looks me up and down and says " Love the robe " :) Now, she must of saw my toes and the fact that I wear a pink rubber band, soon to be lavender on my left wrist. So there looking around past the door. I tell them I live there alone, just me and the dog an invite them in.

So on through the house. Living room, bedroom, Bathroom. There on the counter all my makeup laid out. Remember, I told them I live alone. Into the Master bedroom. Looks in the closet. Hanging there. All my girl clothes, heels in a tree and wigs hanging there.

She doesn't say a word. Just keeps talking to me. Telling about how happy she was about the election and how floored she was to have lived through it. We keep talking and wonder out onto the deck and take in the view and just keep chatting. Her husband appears in the window with the look of " Time to go" We just ignore him and keep talking. He appears at the door with the agent. We just keep talking about decorating and planning the yard. Finally he can't take it any more. " It's time to go, now" with that let's get out of here you have been here for 30 minutes and we have seen the hose it's 6 pm on a Sunday. I never did pick up from them the "let's get out of here and his type". Finally they leave and I get back to my soak.

So I wondered when they left what they said about my attire or toes when they got in the car? I wondered what hey would have said if they would have shown up 20 minutes later as I was going to get out of the tub and put on my face for the fun of it.

Sort of like going out, but in reverse? I think this is the best way to go out in public. Invite them to your house instead!

Life's funny some times. :lol2:

renee k
11-16-2008, 11:12 PM
Hi Lisa,

Love the story, I think you left a lasting impression, would have liked to be a fly on the wall during the car ride to the next house. Anyway they got what they deserved for showing up without an appointment. My hat's off to to you for answering the door.

Huggs, Renee

ReineD
11-17-2008, 01:10 AM
Love your story! Thanks for sharing!

Last month my SO's house was broken into. I got there just before the police came. My SO introduced me to the officers as his gf. As we were going through the house, we naturally came to the room where she keeps a dressing table, her clothes, shoes, etc. The police officer looked around, then looked straight at me and said, "These your things?" I wasn't quite sure what to say, so I simply nodded. :battingeyelashes:

And the oddest thing ... they didn't take very much, but they did take the older breast forms that were stored in an unused room! :confused: :strugglin They didn't even touch the newer, much better breast forms located in the dressing room! :D

My bf did report the older breast forms, explaining they were part of a costume. :heehee:

Teri Jean
11-17-2008, 04:07 PM
Beautiful story and you are probably right about the husband. Do you think his wife will buy him some panties and bras. Just thinking outside the box again. Keli

Sarah Martin
11-17-2008, 04:18 PM
Like Renee, I'd have loved to listen in on the conversation in the car as they drove home!

Emma Chase
11-17-2008, 05:35 PM
Lisa

Well in this buyers market right now I think you can safetly say that your house will not be forgotten as you would have have made an impression on them!

You go girl!

e

kathtx
11-17-2008, 07:57 PM
Lisa

Well in this buyers market right now I think you can safetly say that your house will not be forgotten as you would have have made an impression on them!

You go girl!

e

That's right! When my wife and I were getting ready to move from CA to TX last year, we must have looked at 20-30 houses in two days. After about 5 houses they all blur together unless something memorable makes one stand out. One house had Star Wars playing on their projection screen system, so it became the "Star Wars house," one with a crucifix on every visible surface became the "Catholic house," one with a very, very strange owner became the "psycho house," and so on.

So now, you're someone's "tranny house," and you'll probably be remembered. Right there that improves your odds from 1 out of 30 houses seen to 1 out of 5 or so houses actually *remembered*. Good strategy!!

Real estate stagers do redecorations to help with a sale; maybe they could throw in makeovers as well! :)

Deborah Jane
11-17-2008, 08:02 PM
Great story Lisa, with everything she noticed i guess you weren,t "outed", you were "inned" :heehee:

LindaTS
11-18-2008, 08:27 AM
This is a great story. I'll be putting my house on the market in March or April so I guess I can expect something like that to happen to me. If nothing else I'm sure to get someones attention when they go into my walk-in closet.

Tomara
11-18-2008, 08:46 AM
Hi Lisa
Great story ! I was thinking that the husband might have been anxious for fear that the wife was going to say something like , Don`t worry my husband is a cross dresser too ! or , Don`t mind him he just can`t wait to get home and put his nightie on ! LOL.
I hope you have good luck selling your home .
:heehee: Tomara