PDA

View Full Version : Your hair length/colour preferences?

Sarah Martin
11-17-2008, 08:49 AM
Just curiosity, really. I wondered what hair colour/length you prefer to be, or would prefer to be if you could, or if you swap between colours/lengths according to mood?

Just to start things rolling, I prefer hair half-way down my back and shades between red/auburn/chestnut.

How about you girls?

Karren H
11-17-2008, 09:03 AM
I'm really into short hair right now.. My favorite is my current avatar taken last week.. Short bob... Light brown with auburn highlights... I also have a slightly longer almost and a medium length bobs.. Couple short flips.. And various length longer hair.... Off blonde to brunette to auburn... I love them all...

I really want an inverted bob which is all the rage but so hard to find in a wig... Might be able to find an old page boy and cut it to an inverted bob

jillleanne
11-17-2008, 09:09 AM
Depends. I have about 12 hair pieces, different lengths/colors. I prefer blonde, it's just my color. I also prefer long hair, but I do wear short hair in the pool so I don't have to pin my hair up to prevent getting it wet. Also, depending where I am going for the simple reason I may not want to look to sexy/glamorous and be out of place in that enviroment. If it's really windy out I tend to wear shorter wigs, less tangling. Buy lots of wigs and experiment. Just remember, look to fit in where ever you are going.

ElaineB
11-17-2008, 10:04 AM
I have yet to find a long hair style that works for me ... except maybe just tied straight back ... bobs seem to work best for me.

Color? My natural chestnut brown is fine, but I sometimes think black might be fun.

Samantha B L
11-17-2008, 10:15 AM
I like strange colors like red and purple. I used to have hair almost to my waist a long time ago and I'd give myself Top Knots,Updos and beehives. I dyed it and frost and tip streaked it until some of my hair strands turned green and orange. For a long time I kept it cut "at the shoulder" which is a style I've always admired. I cut it short for awhile and I gave myself bouffaints. I got a short haircut years ago and I switched to wigs which are less hassle,I think. But I can apreciate "doing your own hair" which some girls do. Recently I bought a wig from the fifi mahony website. It's a red and purple pageboy/bouffant kind of deal. It's sort of a "B-52".

Hermione Simpson
11-17-2008, 10:18 AM
i would like my hair to be a bit lighter, than it is (at the moment, it's medium to dark brown), and a bit longer, so it's easier to put in a ponytail when i dress (at the moment it's shoulder length)

Michelia
11-17-2008, 10:31 AM
I love the red feminine colors that are being used by so many but I am not sure they would look on good on me. The hair in my avatar is mine and I only wish I did not have so much gray. But I have been told it looks nice in a salt and pepper, so maybe I will get used to it.

I have thought about highlights and color but I really do not want to damage my hair. Right now it is just growing and I am not sure where I will end up. I do wish I could add bangs but it would be a lot of trouble in male mode.

I also like those modern purple and loud red highlight a lot but that is my youthful spirit talking. It would probably be out of place on a girl my age. But you never know...

Jennie CD
11-17-2008, 10:40 AM
:battingeyelashes: I have around 15 wigs - they vary from short for that sport look to mid back length - it all depends on what I am wearing and the mood I am in what one I wear - the one I wear mostly is a light brown shoulder length one - my fav - it just flows on my shoulders - I have various colors from blond, light brown and black wigs. The are all lovely ones - love them all. :hugs:

suzypier
11-17-2008, 11:00 AM
Most of the time blonde to the shoulder and sometime black to the shoulder.

avril findlay
11-17-2008, 11:12 AM
My blonde wig. I'd feel naked without it!

Angel.Marie76
11-17-2008, 11:32 AM
I have mid-back length straight hair, and I've been happy with that for years, though I'd like to be able to trim hair up front for something along the lines of bangs or otherwise different - though would be hard to hide in drab. I've one one wig now with just beyond shoulder lenngth hair and it has bangs (my gf says it's SO 80's but I don't care. ;-} ). Either way, the longer the better.

For colors, no blonde for me, brunettes or an auburn brown / red highlights.. or black.

daviolin
11-17-2008, 12:04 PM
Long and dirty blonde for this chick:2c:Daviolinhttp://flickr.com/photos/daviolin

TGMarla
11-17-2008, 12:05 PM
I prefer my hair to be a shade of brunette. But I'm a sucker for blondes, and I'd like to experiment with some shades of blonde as well. And I like long hair. At present, it's about midway down my back, and I really like it that length.

Joanne7098
11-17-2008, 12:19 PM
I always thought I would want longer (hip) hair, but trial and error I have found shoulder length or a little longer give me my best looks, not sure on what colour makes me look best yet, but even thou blondes have more fun, I tend to lean towards brown. My natural colour

Cassiecd
11-17-2008, 12:37 PM
or if you swap between colours/lengths according to mood?

How about you girls?

Oh dear I just LOVE hair! A woman's crown and glory indeed!

For me, I am new and have not found one settled look for me. I am very biased towards long hair, but have tried several lengths. I own 4 real human hair wigs and 2 synthetic....ranging from waist length to shoulder. I have tried a few short ones...but they have to be somethng special and cute. Red, black, brunette and blonde...depending on mood and my outfit. Mix and match is half the fun! I also find bangs are great for hiding those manly brows!

The synthetic wigs photograph well but I am in the real ones 99% of the time...it feels so natural and soft.

I could chat about hair all day! Enjoy!

Lanore
11-17-2008, 12:56 PM
My hair is all mine. It's about 6" below my shoulders, blonde/brown. Blonde when it's dry. I use baby oil to get more curls and it gets a little darker. I've let my bangs grow long, which gives me so many more ways to wear it.

Lanore

ArleneRaquel
11-17-2008, 12:59 PM
All of my wigs are blonde or red/auburn. I think that I look much better as a smouldering honey blonde in shades, medium length.:love:

mollytyler
11-17-2008, 02:11 PM
Shoulder lenght and need of highlites....dirty blond(the color that is)

Deborah Jane
11-17-2008, 02:52 PM
Take a guess?
I think my avatar says it all really :battingeyelashes:

Jenna1561
11-17-2008, 03:01 PM
Medium bob to shoulder length. Auburn with mdest highlights.

Jenna

Teranika
11-17-2008, 10:03 PM
I love my hair as it is, long (almost to my butt) and brunette.

I do want to dye it purple though....

Kendra (Tx)
11-17-2008, 10:57 PM
I LOVE my hair...Just can't decide WHICH hair I love the best...:heehee: Anyone who's seen my pics...Know I've worn all different styles, lengths, and colors of hair...Although I'm more partial to the "reds, chestnut/brown mixes"...I don't generally do the shorter styles...I will make an exception to an "updo" on occasion...( I know...not technically a "short" style..LOL ) I mainly keep the hair length to right at my shoulders to just below...Anything longer tends to be a little more of a handful to manage...:battingeyelashes:

http://kendra954.com

justmetoo
11-18-2008, 01:00 AM
My own hair is a bit past my shoulders (long enough for a pony-tail). I just wish it wasn't so thin on top! As for colors and styles I'm not sure what works best for me, but I do like sort of honey/golden blonde (my own hair is more of a light/meium brown, although I've been told there's a hint of red in there).

Bethany_Anne_Fae
11-18-2008, 01:24 AM
Really long Ash or Strawberry blonde with highlights. Just love it!

*hugs*

Zara

Carroll
11-18-2008, 06:42 AM
I prefer long hair and the color that seems to work for me is this one in my picture album http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=835&pictureid=6648

pinkjackie
11-19-2008, 12:48 AM
I just love experimenting with wigs and they are such good value from various shops on ebay. My latest is long, curly blonde blonde one that feels fabulous - makes me feel sooooo girlie!

sometimes_miss
11-19-2008, 12:54 AM
Same as Zara; long, straight, and ash blond w/highlights. I have others, but that's my favorite.

tamarav
11-19-2008, 12:55 AM
Words simply cannot convey what a picture can...

ErikaLadyoftheDesert
11-19-2008, 12:57 AM
I have a wig that I like the way it looks, but I get too hot in it,
last weekend I went out to a local CD friendly bar with my own natural hair, which is just over the ears. I got some funky temp hair color and dyed the hair purple (to match my outfit) and spiked it up all 80's like. It made me feel sexy and sassy! :daydreaming:

docrobbysherry
11-19-2008, 01:15 AM
Long and straight! Because;

I HATE it when folks mistake me for a young teen!:Angry3:

Jennifer_Cross
11-19-2008, 01:20 AM
We are not there yet... purchased one online that we thought would suit but in the end it did not... So we are searching for better.

Both agree we need something that wraps the face a little and lighter in colour. But have now realised that it is the hair that makes the whole thing work (for us)

renee k
11-19-2008, 08:56 PM
Collar or shoulder length bob in Ash blonde or light brown. Pretty much what I've been wearing the past couple years.

Hugss, Renee

Kelly Greene
11-19-2008, 09:11 PM
hair color = Copper Red
Lenght front = 0
Lenght back = about 10 inches
I have not had a hair cut in about 2 years and I am think about seeing a doctor about geting the front half to grow back, I don't know if it is possible but i strongly considering talking to a dermatolgest after the new year begins.
If my hair can grow in the back then maby a doctor can help me get ti to grow in the front.:)

Sweetcheeks Marie
11-20-2008, 10:03 PM
My natural hair is past shoulder length and dark, and I like it loads.

I loved having it bob-length when I was most recently growing my hair out, but it looked a bit silly out of girl mode. Would love to have a bob wig though when I can get a decent-ish one. I'd like to be a redhead too. Hey - I could combine them! As a redhead with a bob hairdo, I'd be really hot. :daydreaming:

Kimberly Marie Kelly
11-20-2008, 11:42 PM
Medium to light brown in color. As I have brown eyes the hair matches better.
I also look okay with blonde hair..:battingeyelashes:

Celeste
11-21-2008, 12:09 AM
I like dark brown or dark auburn just below shoulder length.The same color as real hair,my real hair is to thin on top.

Jess_cd32
11-21-2008, 04:00 AM
I prefer long blonde when cd, and blonde with some brown tones mixed thru also.
I'll add in a colored streak now and then when it fits the mood and outfit.

tawneyfox
11-21-2008, 05:12 AM
Long straight blond all the way baby.
I am sure that as I progress and get more of a "style" I will find other colors and styles that suit me better. I have six wigs and always looking for more. I think that I look better having bangs. So many things I want and so little money. Such is life!

jacky83
01-07-2009, 06:59 PM
I like short to medium bob with sideways bangs. I prefer a redish auburn to strawberry blond color with highlights.

BekiJ
01-07-2009, 11:24 PM
Strawberry blonde to the shoulder blades.

Hugs
BekiJ

Lora Olivia
01-07-2009, 11:39 PM
Have to say right now that my fave is my new last night do. I have grown out my natural thick hair to just at shoulder length when dry. It is naturally curly. Last night I had the medium brown heavily highlighted blonde. After discussion with SO, daughter, GG friend and my stylist we decided to do this as my hair grows fast she didn't want to be trying to do roots every 2 weeks. Also did a new wet look style that looks great to me.

No more long hot wig for this girl for now. Have to do a new prof pic soon

StephanieC
01-08-2009, 12:00 AM
For the longest time, I've been a shorter-haired brunette. Lately, I've been into curls and have been thinking about going blonde.

Charisma
01-08-2009, 02:52 AM
After everyone got done chasing me around telling me to get a hair cut cause having long hair is for weirdo's. I'd say I'd rather enjoy longer hair, growing it out until its long enough to make the styles I want.. Color wise, I frost (aka High lighting) my hair (from brown to lighter than) yeah the $6 kit that does just a small number of strands pulling them threw a cap....that's the one. I probably wouldn't bat an eye to a single streak of an odd color like red or blue.

Jennifer Marie P.
01-08-2009, 10:27 AM
My hair preference is long curly black and occasionally when I go out to a party I wear long curly in dark blonde.

Crystal Galadriel
01-08-2009, 12:26 PM
No wigs for me, I'm growing my hair out now. I've always had it short, almost buzz cut, but since I'm in college, I figured I'd let it grow out to see if it looks decent before I get out into "the real world".

I've always liked longer hair. My SO got hers cut really short because she got tired of messing with it just a few months into our relationship. She got mistaken for a boy a decent few times because of it, which didn't make her happy. She grew it back out though. She's even growing it out longer than she usually does, just for me :D

I'm hoping to grow mine down to about the middle of my back, I think I'll like it about that length for pony-tails and braids and stuff. It's not long enough to really tell yet, I used to just think it was wavy, but judging by the back of my neck, it's going to turn out to be rather curly. That should be fine, but I think it might look pretty feminine for me in guy mode. Oh well, we'll find out over the next year or so, lol.

My hair used to be super-red, but has darkened and faded a bit into a more auburn/dirty-blonde color. It's really strange, I can't describe it at all. If you made a triangle with the points as red, brown, and blonde, my color would be near the center, but offset about halfway towards the red point. In contrast, my facial hair is a dark fiery red and the rest of my body hair is light brown, no red at all. Added to that, my eyebrows are almost blonde. Go figure.

I'd kinda like to have the same hair color as my sister, the hair color I used to have, a vibrant, bright auburn. Oh well, I like what I've got.

JoAnne Wheeler
01-08-2009, 12:50 PM
Hair color preference is a Sandy Blonde

Hair length preference varies

JoAnne Wheeler

Stephanie81
01-08-2009, 01:08 PM
Well, I have short hair because of my job, but I do go all out with syles and colours.. at the moment its kinda spikey, colured dark plum with rage red highlights, which is really cool.. I did have it platinum blonde in the summer though..

I'd go in a wig if the outfit went with it tho', as long as it looked fab!!

:GD:

carolinewalker_2000
01-08-2009, 05:11 PM
Essentially I am a blonde. However, I do have a bit of a weakness for auburn hair as well. As to length; depends on my mood and what I am wearing. The good thing about wigs is that it is easy to change your mind!!!

lauraabdl
01-08-2009, 05:29 PM
Shoulder length and dirty blond to brunette with highlights of course.:heehee:
Laura

kristinacd55
01-08-2009, 05:33 PM
Just curiosity, really. I wondered what hair colour/length you prefer to be, or would prefer to be if you could, or if you swap between colours/lengths according to mood?

Just to start things rolling, I prefer hair half-way down my back and shades between red/auburn/chestnut.

How about you girls?

I've got about 5 wigs, long blonde, red, 2 browns, & a salt & pepper one I just got recently on ebay. That's the one I've been wearing lately.

Katrina red nails
01-08-2009, 05:36 PM
I always love jet black but whether it would suit me is another matter. I was blonde before i went grey. At least shoulder length to help hide the large neck and shoulders i have.

Katrina

ashes
01-08-2009, 10:56 PM
i had natural hair down my back. Then i cut it. (dumb) I'd like long, straight, black hair.

Tasha McIntyre
01-08-2009, 11:04 PM
I'm still trying to work that one out - I had my first experience with wig and makeup only a couple of months ago. I hired a Paris Hilton style platinum blonde which I wasn't too thrilled with (see my home page pic). I bought my first wig a couple of weeks later which was a slightly longer medium brown colour which I think is better.

Kendra Irene
01-09-2009, 12:58 PM
My hair is shoulder length, and as of 2 days ago it is mainly "Clairol - Cinnamon Stick" in colour. I say mainly because it is more red (highlighted) where the hair was more silver then grey in colour. This colour closely matches my hair colour from years ago.:)

Yes, this was done with my SO's approval. Actually she has been trying to get me to dye it for a few years now, as she says that it makes HER feel older.:love:

Kendra

Lorileah
01-09-2009, 01:11 PM
I am blond (in real life too) or red. I get a 50/50 mix of opinions as to which is better. I tried black and OMG it wasn't right at all :)79409

BlUeDrAgOn
01-09-2009, 01:18 PM
I am blond (in real life too) or red. I get a 50/50 mix of opinions as to which is better. I tried black and OMG it wasn't right at all :)

I think red suits you better :)

Lorileah
01-10-2009, 12:47 AM
thanks Blue :)

sarah378619
01-11-2009, 01:50 PM
i like brown/auburn at least to bra strap length or waist length.
Sarah

Shikyo
01-11-2009, 01:57 PM
I've always liked a silver blond hair. Sadly, my own hair is not quite like that, it's still blond, but more like dark silver blond hair.

I'd also love to get rid of the color, that is staying at the top of my hair making it look brownish. Originally I colored my hair blue black, but at some point I just let it slowly get out of my hair - it never really returned to the original color. So now my hair's two colored, for my luck it can only be really seen when one looks for it, or when the top and bottom hair are near each others.

The hair has to be long, aiming for hip length hair. Currently my hair goes to about half way of my back( about 60cm long).

Danni Kay
01-11-2009, 02:45 PM
I'd love shoulder length or slightly longer tawny brown or golden blonde colored hair - I think it would frame my face well. I'm growing my hair out now (not the first time, I've had longish hair in a boy's style a few years back) and I guess I recently "came out" to my hairdresser when I took her photos of a cute girls' hairstyle that I told her I wanted to emulate. When I get it the length I want I'm going to get highlights.

My natural hair is sort of a dirty blonde that lends itself to being colored easily. My main complaint is that it is too thick and not easy to style. I'd actually prefer slightly more limp hair.

SamanthaT
01-14-2009, 11:27 PM
I always lusted after long blond hair, but when I've tried it it doesn't work that well. I got most of the way down the back a long time ago, but didn't know how to look after it. That was the other problem. So page boy style with a pronounced fringe longer on the RH side is best for me.

Stormgirl
01-14-2009, 11:54 PM
I am trying to grow out my hair but it's still very short so I wear a wig. My wig is light brown and down to my shoulders. Hopefully in another 6 or 7 months, my real hair will be at the desired length.

Sakura Rini
01-14-2009, 11:59 PM
i have real long brown hair that goes down to my lower back, but if you could i would dye it pink