PDA

View Full Version : This rubber band thing is a terrible idea

Sophie_C
11-17-2008, 02:24 PM
And, I'm not saying that having something sort of secretive to identify each other is bad.

It's just that rubber bands are completely tacky and unfeminine.

Now, come on girls, can't we do something better, say, like a small white strip of silk made into a band, like this:

http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/2097-AA.shtml?lnav=clothing.html

I'm not saying this is the best idea, but the rubber band thing just has to stop. :doh:

2B Natasha
11-17-2008, 02:35 PM
I've been following these treads. First the other one and now this one. I think we missed to boat on what we are supposed to be wearing.

The color of Transgender, crossdressers is Lavender. People who don't have lifes blinders ons will know by the color. I wear a large rubber-band that says dream on it that is Lavender, but you can wear a ribbon or a handkerchief or a hair band. What ever you want I suppose.

Look at this web site and you'll see there is a whole slew of color code out there to follow. I think if you where to study this you would find that there are allot more people out there you have things in common with then you know.

http://www.gaycityusa.com/hankycodes.htm

Shelly Preston
11-17-2008, 02:42 PM
If you make something in a nice colour there is no assurance people will wear it

I think the point was to wear something that no one would question

Tommie Rae
11-17-2008, 03:11 PM
I didn't wear a rubber band. Instead, I got a manicure and pedicure with french nails. I don't think there was much question about that!

Teri Jean
11-17-2008, 03:46 PM
Girls,
What does every well dress woman have that is feminine and tasteful. A well designed pinky ring and wear it on your right hand. I have for over a year now and few have asked about it and only one person recognized it for what it was. She is also a crossdresser and a friend.

This will last longer than a rubber band or ribbon and you never have to take it off. Just my 2 cents. Keli

Sandygal
11-17-2008, 04:35 PM
If you make something in a nice colour there is no assurance people will wear it

I think the point was to wear something that no one would question

Awesome Shelly, you get it. Even for those that are in the closet, there wives wouldn't think twice about the rubberband. For those of you who are more out there, you could make more improvements. The rubberband was a small step, which we tell everyone to take.

Miss Tessa
11-17-2008, 04:43 PM
I agree with you.

I'm totally for a secret way to identify other TG's, I just think rubber bands are dumb because most people who wear rubber bands on there wrists are hip hop kids and the kind of guys that wear those long baggy shorts hanging off their but with their underwear showing.

We neen a better more accurate way to know eachother, like a white ribbon or something.

We'll think of something.

But only us on this site know about it and that isn't enough.

I think we're best off just being able to clock T's and read eachother based on the signs.

trannie T
11-17-2008, 04:47 PM
I shall not wear a lavender rubber band.
It clashes with my red dress.

Jessicaparkson
11-17-2008, 05:10 PM
Yeah. I'm all game for something. The whole rubber band thing was fine but I do think something more...elegant is called for.

MarcieM
11-17-2008, 05:24 PM
will someone please explain why you need to 'identify each other' ?

Scotty
11-17-2008, 07:38 PM
The color of Transgender, crossdressers is Lavender. People who don't have lifes blinders ons will know by the color. I wear a large rubber-band that says dream on it that is Lavender, but you can wear a ribbon or a handkerchief or a hair band. What ever you want I suppose.

Did not know this, but I have a lavender one that says "Dreams" on it and wondered where I got it...interesting, someone gave it to me....think it was my mom...

CD Susan
11-17-2008, 08:36 PM
Join Pinky Pals (it's free) and wear a ring on your right hand pinky finger.It's simple and unobtrusive. How could anyone remember all those confusing color codes?

Kimberly Marie Kelly
11-18-2008, 06:00 PM
Get a V-neck tee, Pink or lavender in color and have emblazoned on it "I'm a CD and Proud of it" That would identify us to each other and everyone else. It would open up lines of communication between everyone.. :battingeyelashes:

Bernadina
11-18-2008, 09:32 PM
snip...

Look at this web site and you'll see there is a whole slew of color code out there to follow. I think if you where to study this you would find that there are allot more people out there you have things in common with then you know.

The only problem I see, apart from having to carry a reference chart around with us, is that very few men's shirts have pockets.

Bernadina
11-18-2008, 09:37 PM
Get a V-neck tee, Pink or lavender in color and have emblazoned on it "I'm a CD and Proud of it" That would identify us to each other and everyone else. It would open up lines of communication between everyone.. :battingeyelashes:

Hey this looks like a great idea. And only those who know will know what CD means.

Much better than having to look at peoples hands and wrists.

Besides some people will get really upset if we start staring at their hands to see if they are wearing a pinky ring or wrist band of some sort.

docrobbysherry
11-19-2008, 01:00 AM
I have a lavender corset. I wonder if THAT mite work better?:D

Fab Karen
11-20-2008, 06:20 AM
Girls,
What does every well dress woman have that is feminine and tasteful. A well designed pinky ring
I live in a world renown city and I've never met a well-dressed woman it would seem.

Jess_cd32
11-20-2008, 06:56 AM
Saw last year how some high school girls were wearing different colored bands on their wrists to identify which sex acts they have done so far w/ guys, talk about tacky, boy have things changed since I was in high school.

I think if some cd's here want to come up with something its a cool idea, but Shelly nailed it on what it should be based on for looks. As a closet cd, if I saw someone out w/ whatever is decided on to use, I'll give you a wink that you've just met another co-cd:hugs:

Janie Gunn
11-20-2008, 07:12 AM
will someone please explain why you need to 'identify each other' ?

here, here, I Agree!
Exactly why I havent played this game.

This game of 'identify' gets more ridiculous as it goes on.

Janie