PDA

View Full Version : Out to a friend...

chrissycox99
11-17-2008, 10:41 PM
I just last night came out to a very close friend of mine. She is actually a girl that I dated for about a year, and we have stayed very close friends, since we broke up.

I guess I chose a kind of shocking way to do it, I just sent her a picture message on the phone of me dressed, and asked her if she knew that girl. 5 minutes later she was knocking on my front door! We sat up until 4am talking, laughing, drinking, and even shed a tear a time or two. I expected her to be very accepting, and I wasn't dissapointed.
She said it did explain a few things!

I think she was a little overwhelmed, but then so was I!

She has a gorgeous pair of Fredrick's of Hollywood black strappy 4in heels, and she would never wear them because the hurt her feet. I got to make fun of her, because I had on some 5in pumps :haha:

I hope this brings us even closer together, and I will have someone to go shopping with:hugs:
It's great after 30 years of not telling anyone close to me, it's nice to have finally done it.

Karren H
11-17-2008, 10:45 PM
Congratulations!!! :)

SherylynJade
11-18-2008, 03:29 AM
Thats great news. I'm glad it went so well. Also might be a way for me to tell some friends since I too have just started coming out to friends. Though no reactuib like that for me so far.
Once again, that is just fantastic.

tawneyfox
11-18-2008, 03:44 AM
With my secret out, I found I could finally breath.
What a great story. Good for you!!!

What prompted you to send the pic?

Claire Cook
11-18-2008, 06:50 AM
I just last night came out to a very close friend of mine. She is actually a girl that I dated for about a year, and we have stayed very close friends, since we broke up.I hope this brings us even closer together, and I will have someone to go shopping with:hugs:
It's great after 30 years of not telling anyone close to me, it's nice to have finally done it.

Crissy, That is wonderful. I've started telling a few GG friends, and so far they are not only supportive, they want to see me dressed! Have fun!!

Claire

DAVIDA
11-18-2008, 06:55 AM
Good for you!
I know very well how it feels! It is like, every time you tell someone else, another link to the chain that binds is undone, and your load gets lighter!

Katheryn
11-18-2008, 07:26 AM
Crissy, That is wonderful. I've started telling a few GG friends, and so far they are not only supportive, they want to see me dressed! Have fun!!
Claire

I've had a lot of my gg friends who know make donations to my wardrobe.

Kate

jules3367
11-18-2008, 07:34 AM
Good for you!
I know very well how it feels! It is like, every time you tell someone else, another link to the chain that binds is undone, and your load gets lighter!

WOW

I couldnt have put it better myself !

stevie b
11-18-2008, 07:50 AM
great news Chrissy, its a great feeling when it goes well, does take a lot of pressure off. Have started telling family and friends and am having mixed reactions.
xx

Angie G
11-18-2008, 08:34 AM
That's so great I know it makes very happy to have such a friend and I really glad for you Chrissy:hugs:
Angie

Tomara
11-18-2008, 08:58 AM
Great news Chrissy , I hope that you are able to build on your girl-girl friendship ! I must be a awesome feeling !
Tomara

Teri Jean
11-18-2008, 09:16 AM
Chrissy,
I 'm glad for you and the load is liter as more know the truth. I came out to a g/f that I work withand a sister-in-law and found the same response. The thing I found was there are a few individuals that really care and that's so dear. Have fun and don't look back. Huggs Keli

Emma Chase
11-18-2008, 10:41 AM
Chrissy

Never a easy decission to make and to open up to such vulnerability by sharing this type of information with another.

I am happy that it worked out well for you and wish you all the best moving forward.

e

chrissycox99
11-18-2008, 10:51 PM
ok, I am weird I guess... The load isn't lighter at all. The weight of the world is suddenly down around my ears.
Since Sunday, I have been SO depressed. Listening to Staind, drinking Southern Comfort, and staring at the ceiling... depressed.
Why?? Well your guess would be as good as mine.
Maybe I really do have ovaries...because sometimes I confuse myself more than any gg ever has!
I will get through it though, I always do, been doing it for the better part of 30yrs now... and each one of these "downs" leads to an even bigger "up" later on...I look forward to that!
Until then, anyone for SOCO, and Staind??

Raya
11-18-2008, 11:13 PM
ok, I am weird I guess... The load isn't lighter at all. The weight of the world is suddenly down around my ears.
Since Sunday, I have been SO depressed. Listening to Staind, drinking Southern Comfort, and staring at the ceiling... depressed.
Why?? Well your guess would be as good as mine.
Maybe I really do have ovaries...because sometimes I confuse myself more than any gg ever has!
I will get through it though, I always do, been doing it for the better part of 30yrs now... and each one of these "downs" leads to an even bigger "up" later on...I look forward to that!
Until then, anyone for SOCO, and Staind??Actually, I felt that way for a while too. I felt exhilarated for sharing my secret, but then I felt like a huge fool for waiting so long to do it!

Congratulations, Chrissy! Here's (hopefully :daydreaming:) to the start of a beautiful new relationship with your ex. :drink:

tawneyfox
11-19-2008, 02:27 AM
I have been thinking of a post for some time now.
I don't want to get too deep, but I think I know what you feel.

The mind is a funny thing. Endorphins race in just after a scary moment but subside and (like a caffeine hangover) one feels depleted. This was a big step for you.

If I may suspect what you are thinking. "did I do the right thing?". All the ramifications flood in. What your mind dreams up is never as bad as what is "real". If that is the case, I know that that will subside. We all seem to bounce back from anything that happens in life. I could be waaaay of base here but I hope this helps.

Being here is a testament to your willingness to embrace your "other side", and to your personal strength and courage. (If I may speak for the group) We are all on your side. I sure am!!

BIG hugs!!!

Shelly Preston
11-19-2008, 03:01 AM
I think the fact your friend turned up at your door within 5 minutes lets you know how much she cares

I think you are having a period of reflection having taken such a big step

It is never easy telling anyone

Glad to hear it all went so well :hugs:

chrissycox99
11-19-2008, 08:26 PM
I had posted this last night, but after our "difficulties" earlier today, it's gone....

I talked to her for a while on the phone last night, and she talked me down about the whole thing. Gave me a virtual swift kick in the butt...if you will?

Tonight, the weight of the world is gone, and I am ready to start exploring the world again!

I am very lucky to have her, and all of you here, thanks for being you! :hugs:
I was sure lost for a LOT of years before I found you all!