PDA

View Full Version : Little kids are cute

Sally2005
11-17-2008, 11:59 PM
My 5 year old daughter today was singing with the radio to "Dude looks like a lady" and she doesn't know what dude means so she was substituting some other words... My wife corrected her, telling her to say "dude", but didn't explain the word. I was in the other room and was waiting for her to say something like, "dude, means guy...like daddy"... and wondered what her explaination would be about some guys looking like women. Didn't happen though.

jessielee
11-18-2008, 01:24 AM
looking at pop culture through my children's eyes, from Rocky and Bullwinkle or the Muppets to Quantum Leap, they have many instances to say "why is he/she dressed that way?"
needless to say, my answer sounds hollow to my ears.
and seeing my six-year-old boy, swept up in his older sister's American Girl catalogue and her visits with her friends, circling the dolls and accessories he wants for Christmas from the catalogue, my SO says, "where have we gone wrong?" i answered, "its from what he's surrounded by."
[unspoken - i played with my mother's dolls. you appreciate how sensitive and non macho i've turned out to be.]
and oh, so much more left unsaid...
yes, how cute and guileless they are.
and what we aspire to and in some measure achieve here.
jesse

pinkeverything
11-18-2008, 07:57 AM
That's a good one Sally. I had to remove the pink nail polish off my toes today (that my daughter applied), so that that I could take my daughter to the swimming pool.

Angie G
11-18-2008, 08:12 AM
Yes they are cute My 4 year old grandson sings a few songs and his ABC's so cute and funny.:hugs:
Angie