PDA

View Full Version : Going to Mexicali Mexico This Weekend

Jennie CD
11-18-2008, 10:16 AM
:love: This weekend my Hairdresser Ronnie, his BF and I are planning a trip to Mexico for a day and night of Clubbing (6 of the clubs have nice shows with female imersonators and ******** - very professionaly done with lots of dancing, singing and great music a great floorshow - equivalant to one you would see in San Francisco), shopping (I know of several stores off the way that have just my size in clothes and lots of boots my size as well) and eat some dinner (some Lobster sounds great).

Here is the problem. I will be going as Jennie and while crossing into Mexico is no problem as Jennie - the problem will be coming back. As I do not have a passport or drivers license with a photo of me as Jennie. Usually I am not stopped as I have a Retired Navy sticker on my window - but it would be my luck the one time I go dressed - I will be. What should I do? It may be late at night and I just dont want to go someplace and change into Jim - so should I just take a chance? I am sure I will be just waved through - but like I said "just in case I am not". Thank you for any assistance in this matter. As I am looking forward to going to Mexico as Jennie doing my shopping, dinner and clubbing and having fun as Jennie. :love:

Jennie CD

JoanAz
11-18-2008, 10:22 AM
I would suggest going to the American Customs Crossing FIRST ,
And see if there would be a problem returning BEFORE you cross into Mexico.

Joan Az:love:

AmandaM
11-18-2008, 11:45 AM
Don't do it. If you get arrested, it's bad enough being American in a Mexican jail. In drag, you'll be jail bait for sure. Also, to cross you must have a valid passport. That means if they can't/won't identify you, you ain't coming back. Then there is the drug war violence. I think it's too scary.

tonya2
11-18-2008, 12:03 PM
Hi, I sell real estate in San Felipe and drive that border every other weekend.
As of the first of next year you HAVE TO HAVE A PASSPORT to get back in the US, now you have to have a picture ID to come accross, a birth certif.
would help. They have tighten up on the Mexicali border quit a bit lately.
Don't take any chances, get your id's in order before you go. The guys at the
US border coming back in are pretty cool, but you must have your papers in
order. They may look at you as a terrorist in drag, thats a new one:)
Hope I'm not giving those wackos any ideas:sad:
Just as a footnote, I applied for my passport a few months ago and got it
in 8 days, couldn't believe it, they said it would be a month. You should look
into getting it before the end of year rush starts.
If you go, good luck and be safe, Mexicali can be dangerious at night.
Buy the way, whats the name of those clubs, I might want to stop and
check them out one weekend.

Tonya:)