PDA

View Full Version : Learning how to sit (and other female mannerisms)

Patti Remick
11-18-2008, 11:42 AM
Im not sure if this has been covered before (I did search). I was wondering how you learn to sit like a woman. I mean when wearing a dress/skirt most women sit with their legs together and smooth their skirts under them as they sit. Thats something they are taught to do from a fairly young. Do you sit with your legs togther when CDg? I know this is with the overall guise of leaning/obtaining many female mannerisms. Id love to have your thoughts on this.

Thanks
Luv and Hugs,
Patti Remick

avril findlay
11-18-2008, 11:58 AM
I think smoothing out your skirt before sitting, holding up your skirts before going up or down stairs is just something that comes naturally to anyone who wears skirts.

suchacutie
11-18-2008, 12:34 PM
You are totally correct that girls have years of time to perfect being girls, and here we are trying to do it instantaneously! There are three ways that I attacked this problem:

1) I asked my gf ("his" wife) to be really hard on me during the first two-three months of dressing. She paid attention and corrected me as her mother did. It was fun.

2) Watch, Watch, Watch. Half of the population of the planet is women (plus all the tg folks) so there are a lot of examples and they are all around us constantly. Especially pay attention to those who seem to "do it wrong".

3) There are a number of really good books that cover all aspects of the art of dressing and acting as a woman. If you need a couple of references, send me a mail and I'll let you know what I've found useful. There is also a lot online as well!

such fun!!!

tina

Miss Tessa
11-18-2008, 12:34 PM
I never cross my legs because I have strong thighs and a nice thick booty and it just doesn't work so I sit with my legs close together and really soft-like

Trinni
11-18-2008, 02:24 PM
When I tuck I always cross my legs when I sit down. As for other mannerisms, when you are walking, place each foot in front of the other like you are walking on a tight rope.

StaceyJane
11-18-2008, 02:33 PM
I practice crossing my legs and making sure I'm not showing off too much. I'm also constantly straightening my skirt. I really want a feminine appearance.

sissystephanie
11-18-2008, 05:37 PM
I think smoothing out your skirt before sitting, holding up your skirts before going up or down stairs is just something that comes naturally to anyone who wears skirts.

Avril has the right answer. If you wear skirts often enough, smoothing it under you will come naturally after a while. I have been a CD for well over 60 years, and find myself smoothing my slacks, like a skirt, at times prior to sitting. I do sit with my legs together, or crossed at the ankles(feminine style!). Sometimes I cross them at the knee, and let one leg dangle. That is also acceptable feminine behavior.

As for walking, watch ladies walk in the mall. The ones who are proud of their femininity walk with their heads high, their bosom thrust out, and their feet pointed straight ahead with each step. The walk with one foot directly behind the other is called the "runway" walk and is not at all a normal walk. It is feminine, and certainly will show off your attributes if done properly. But it requires thought while you are doing it unless you have practised a whole lot. That is why I said it is not "normal." Most girls/ladies do not walk that way!

Men tend to throw their feet forward with each step, woman do not. I pretty much have perfected a feminine walk, with a lot of coaching from my late wife. It is my natural walk now! Even have a little hip sway in there!!:heehee:

Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

sometimes_miss
11-18-2008, 05:51 PM
Arthritis keeps me from crossing my legs at all, so I just keep them together when I sit; occasionally the lower legs will be separated a bit, but I see GG's do that sometimes too so I don't worry about it. At other times I tend to cross one ankle behind the other, pulling both legs sort of under the chair to the side just a bit. Basically just watch TV and duplicate the mannerisms of the actresses as the show plays. I tape most of my shows, so I can rewind and practice trying to look exactly like the woman I'm watching. Fun when I can 'nail it'.

CharleneT
11-18-2008, 11:08 PM
Really, there is one very important thing:

Practice

I mean, go watch, observe and learn.... but Practice. Practice in front of a mirror or whatever. But all the watching in the world will not help till you just try and do it. If you can, join a Tri-Ess group, they'll be happy to help in a non-judgmental way.

Bethany_Anne_Fae
11-19-2008, 12:21 AM
Yep, Practice is essential! If you have a full length mirror that works the best. I spent a lot of time watching how women walk, sit, talk, greet each other etc etc before putting it into practical application.

Its worth the time :0

*hugs*

Zarabeth

ErikaLadyoftheDesert
11-19-2008, 01:03 AM
My large "big girl frame" keeps me from completely sitting crossing my legs, so I sit with my legs closed and pay attention to my skirt. I am a huge voyeur of GF, I am sure some think "I want them, " no sister, "I want to be you,":)

tamarav
11-19-2008, 01:09 AM
I learned more than I ever wanted to know by taking a modeling class from a gay guy in San Francisco many years ago.

He told me to suck in my gut and thrust out my chest, so I do...

Jennifer_Cross
11-19-2008, 01:53 AM
You are totally correct that girls have years of time to perfect being girls, and here we are trying to do it instantaneously! There are three ways that I attacked this problem:

1) I asked my gf ("his" wife) to be really hard on me during the first two-three months of dressing. She paid attention and corrected me as her mother did. It was fun.

2) Watch, Watch, Watch. Half of the population of the planet is women (plus all the tg folks) so there are a lot of examples and they are all around us constantly. Especially pay attention to those who seem to "do it wrong".

3) There are a number of really good books that cover all aspects of the art of dressing and acting as a woman. If you need a couple of references, send me a mail and I'll let you know what I've found useful. There is also a lot online as well!

such fun!!!

tina

I have to agree... I'm new here and loving it. Where I work we must smoke outside and as this is a place one can observe the public walking by (shopping) I watch all the girls... walk, stand, manerisms and how they interact with each other..... FACINATING! and educational.

FanciJewel
11-19-2008, 11:11 PM
As was pointed out earlier, women walk differently than Men. The concept of head up, shoulders back, bust out and tummy sucked in are all great tips. Along with those pointers take shorter steps trying not to get you toes too far in front of your knee when you step forward. Also, give your arms plenty of swing and turn your hands with thumbs forward and slightly outward away from your body while keeping your elbows close to your side. And keep your hands out of your pockets. Hands in the pockets is a real guy thing. --Fanci

Sammy777
11-19-2008, 11:30 PM
I do sit with my legs together, or crossed at the ankles(feminine style!).

At other times I tend to cross one ankle behind the other, pulling both legs sort of under the chair to the side just a bit.

I have been crossing my legs under the chair at the ankles for years, never had anyone say anything about it either.
Never realized it was though of as feminine.

MarinaTwelve200
11-20-2008, 07:45 AM
Some things work themselves out. High heels tend to make one walk in a fem way. Long fingernails also force one to move and use their hands in a feminine manner. And of course there are a few. easy to remember general rules,
Always keep one's THIGHS together, no matter what you are doing--some of the contortions you must go through to do this, naturally lead to fem moves, such as the method for getting into a car seat.

And (nearly) always keep your upper arms, pressed against your sides.

Jess_cd32
11-20-2008, 07:49 AM
Im not sure if this has been covered before (I did search). I was wondering how you learn to sit like a woman..........

First off I strategically move a few items out of the way and then simply cross my legs:heehee:

Katheryn
11-20-2008, 08:17 AM
I mean when wearing a dress/skirt most women sit with their legs together and smooth their skirts under them as they sit. Thats something they are taught to do from a fairly young.

Actually, the first time I noticed a woman smooth her skirt as she sat was in the movie Dave, and it was done by Sigourney Weaver.

As for sitting with your legs together, unless you want to show off a decidedly un-feminine lump in your panties, you'll want to keep your legs together. As has been seen on several pictures that made the rounds in emails, some women haven't learned that.

Kate

Katheryn
11-20-2008, 08:21 AM
He told me to suck in my gut and thrust out my chest, so I do...

Tam, with that chest, not much thrusting need be done, methinks.

Kate

DinaMature
12-10-2008, 10:50 PM
Really, there is one very important thing:

Practice

I mean, go watch, observe and learn.... but Practice. Practice in front of a mirror or whatever. But all the watching in the world will not help till you just try and do it. If you can, join a Tri-Ess group, they'll be happy to help in a non-judgmental way.

When I'm out for a walk no matter my dress (sometime underdressed with work out suit) I try to stay en femme. I work on my walk and my carriage, training for the day I can make that first foray to the mall.
Indoors, it's hard to maintain a good cadence for more than ten or fifteen steps. When out for a 30 - 60 minute walk, I can work out tension, get my mind in the right place and really focus on trying to set muscle memory of what I'm trying to do.

Dragster
12-11-2008, 08:44 PM
I usually borrow a kilt for Burns Night, and learned from experience that you need to smooth a skirt before sitting on it. I'm geting good practice for wearing a real skirt, and nobody knows, but me!!! Mind you, most of mine are knee length pencil skirts, and they are so tight that I don't need to straighten them!

Tony

Amy Rose
12-12-2008, 09:05 PM
I am trying to learn to sit like a women but after about 10 minutes I just go back into male mode grrrr
Though I am practicing esp. when wearing a skirt/dress.

Beth-Lock
12-12-2008, 09:12 PM
I think it is wrong to lie on your back, in a skirt, with your legs propped up on the arm of the sofa or loveseat. Anyway, it just seemed wrong when I tried it at my woman friend's place. :)

Tootsye
12-12-2008, 09:36 PM
Patty,
Denae Doyle has some wonderful discs that show almost all the female mannerisms. How to walk, talk, sit, get into and out of a car. How to allow someone to help you with your coat or wrap!
Denae works with TS girls that need help to live full time and she has coached movie stars.
You might want to look into them!
Hugs,
Tootsye