PDA

View Full Version : Kelly's UnScientific Poll - I percieve myself as ....

Kelly DeWinter
11-19-2008, 12:46 AM
Please read this whole post carefully before casting your vote
1) Of the above selections, which do you identify with the closest at this time in your life
2) Since some terms do not have dictionary terms. I have posted what would be considered the oposit for a term to assist you in making your decision decision
3) Some may feel there is not a selection that meets their particualr category, so vode None of the Above or Don't vote at all. Yes I understand that there may my someone who is an " Asexual Tri Gendered Genetically Enhanced Bio Boy Girl", which in itself would be really cool, but at this time I do not have a selection for you. Just remember this in just a poll.

As allways Thanks
Kelly :)

Definitions from:
Merriam Webster Dictionary www.merriam-webster.com/ (http://www.merriam-webster.com/)

Androgynus
Pronunciation:drä-jə-nəs
Function: adjective
Etymology:Latin androgynus hermaphrodite, from Greek androgynos, from andr- + gynē woman'
Date:1651
1: having the characteristics or nature of both male and female2 a: neither specifically feminine nor masculine <the androgynous pronoun them> b: suitable to or for either sex <androgynous clothing>3: having traditional male and female roles obscured or reversed <an androgynous marriage>

Crossdresser
Pronunciation:kro dre-siŋ
noun
Date: 1911
the wearing of clothes designed for the opposite sex

Intersexual
Pronunciation sek-shə-wəl, -shwəl, -shəl
Function:adjective
Etymology:International Scientific Vocabulary [/font]
Date: circa 1866 [/font]
: existing between sexes <intersexual hostility> 2 : intermediate in sexual characters between a typical male and a typical female[/font]

Non Transgender[/font]
Transgendered[/font]
Pronunciation:[/font]\-
trans·gen·dered[/font] \-dərd\
Date: 1979 [/font]
having personal characteristics (as transsexuality ortransvestism) that transcend traditional gender boundaries and corresponding sexual norms[/font]

Transsexual Female to Male Post Operative
Transsexual[/font]
Variant(s):tran·sex·u·al
tran(t)s-sek-sh(ə-)wəl, -shəl
[Function: noun
Date: 1957
a person who strongly identifies with the opposite sex and may seek to live as a member of this sex especially by undergoing surgery and hormone therapy to obtain the necessary physical appearance (as by changing the external sex organs)

Transsexual Male to Female Post Operative
tran·sex·u·al
sek-sh(ə-)wəl, -shəl\ [/font]
Function: noun [/font]
Date: 1957 [/font]
a person who strongly identifies with the opposite sex and may seek to live as a member of this sex especially by undergoing surgery and hormone therapy to obtain the necessary physical appearance (as by changing the external sex organs)[/font]

Spouse
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French espus (masculine) & espuse (feminine), from Latin sponsus betrothed man, groom & sponsa betrothed woman, bride, both from sponsus, past participle of spondēre to promise, betroth; akin to Greek spendein to pour a libation, Hittite šipant- [/font]
Date: 13th century
Date: 1953 [/font]
a person who is important to one's well-being ; especially a spouse or one in a similar relationship

Transsexual (FTM) Female to Male
a person who strongly identifies with the opposite sex and may seek to live as a member of this sex especially by undergoing surgery and hormone therapy to obtain the necessary physical appearance (as by changing the external sex organs)[/font]

Transsexual (MTF) Male to Female

avril findlay
11-19-2008, 01:02 AM
I'm a MTF crossdresser, a guy who loves dressing as a girl.

Jessicaparkson
11-19-2008, 01:05 AM
Not too sure about the terminology but Male to Female Transsexual

sometimes_miss
11-19-2008, 01:34 AM
I honestly don't know where I fit. There's more going on than the clothes, but I have no illusions that I'm really a female, or could ever be, as much as I often want to be, and feel as I'm supposed to be, one.

trannie T
11-19-2008, 02:58 AM
There was no entry for "Freak of Nature"

jasmine57
11-19-2008, 07:12 PM
I'm a crossdresser with aspirations of taking it to the next level.

subaru_forster
11-19-2008, 08:33 PM
In my case, it goes a tad beyond the mere desire to dress as a girl. I feel the need to experience a fuller range of humanity and to express from it, unrestricted by gender. If I woke up tomorrow morning as a girl, some sexual orientation issues would come up (as I'm only interested in women) but I don't think I'd feel any more or less like "myself". Thus I voted androgyne.

MJ
11-19-2008, 08:51 PM
i'm a Male to Female Transsexual

Teri Jean
11-19-2008, 09:02 PM
I'm a male to female crossdresser and proud of it d**n it. Can I say that? Well you know. Have a beautiful day. Huggs Keli

TGMarla
11-19-2008, 09:35 PM
I'm a MTF crossdresser, transgendered, non-transexual, but with some transexual tendencies. I have a very well developed and nurtured affinity for feminine clothing and femininity in general. I keep this rather well masked as a man in my regular day to day life, as I present as a male normally, and live my life that way. I think about what life might have been had I actually been born female on a daily basis, but I do my best not to let it interfere with my life as a man, and as husband to my wife.

Clear as mud, no?

Maria2222
11-19-2008, 09:39 PM
I always have been and always will be a CD. I was born one and I love it.

Tasha McIntyre
11-20-2008, 04:07 AM
Crossdresser. I love the advantages of being an alpha male in the workplace and on the football field, whilst having the desire to show my girly side from time to time :daydreaming:

Karren H
11-20-2008, 07:44 AM
I'm just a guy with a strange hobby!! :)

Jess_cd32
11-20-2008, 08:19 AM
Answered this yesterday but the crash seemed to have erased it....
just your average run of the mill closet cd here:D

Kelly DeWinter
11-28-2008, 08:00 AM
What a sampling ! , Over 100 peeps responded. I guess it's inderstable that 75+ percent identify as crossdresser. LOL

curse within
11-28-2008, 08:24 AM
I voted none trangendered I believe that the crossdressing label should be seperate from the transgender and transexual labels and one with its self..

renee k
11-28-2008, 09:46 AM
I voted transsexual MtoF. I'm probably closer to that definition, in that I've done things to better present a feminine image that the ordinary crossdresser would not do. The only things that are holding me back from transitioning completely are career and family.

Huggs, Renee

Deborah_UK
11-29-2008, 02:30 PM
i'm a Male to Female Transsexual

me too

:thumbsup:

Jenny Beth
11-29-2008, 02:50 PM
I gave up trying to figure out what I am long ago. At this point in my life it doesn't matter, I'm happy just being me.

Joanne f
11-29-2008, 03:04 PM
I`m a :doh: "confused" , but then put 3 Shovels against a wall and ask me to take a Pick will confuse me :heehee:

Sally24
11-29-2008, 05:29 PM
I marked the M to F Transexual because to me it is much more than crossdressing. Even though I don't plan permanent body changes or transitioning or living 24/7 I think it is closer to where my mind is at when I dress.

2b.Lauren
11-29-2008, 06:30 PM
I am not sure other than the fact that I am finally find myself happier to be me and who I am more than ever in my life. I chose androgynus because I can easily find myself being able to slip back and forth between male and female mode. I am very comfortable with either and enjoy both. I have never been the most masculine kind of guy and have identified more with the female within me that so greatly more often than not wants to escape daily. Now it is just easier and more fun to let her come out and play, maybe not as often as she and I want her to but having fun no matter what. I accept myself which is a very new concept for me and one that I have struggled with for such a long time.

geri-tg.
11-29-2008, 06:48 PM
I voted male to female tg because that is what best describes me.I will always be male but I feel so blessed to fulfill my female needs as only aTg person can. It took a log time come to terms with my needs and see them as a blessing. THANK YOU LORD.

CD Susan
11-29-2008, 07:35 PM
I voted crossdresser and I certainly am one but it goes deeper than that. I definately feel that I should have been born a female. I have felt this way my entire life and have learned to accept it.

Kelly DeWinter
12-16-2008, 12:41 AM
i wonder, if there is a way to get a sample of data in another venu ?

Samantha Kelsey
12-16-2008, 03:20 AM
No doubts at all. I'm a MTF crossdresser. Wigs, makeup etc is simply so that I can go out without too many stares.