PDA

View Full Version : My night on the town (well the supermarket anyway)

Rachel B
11-19-2008, 08:08 PM
Hi all, the other night I decided I was going to take some baby steps by going out dressed. So I put on some opaque tights, a pair of jeans and some fine ankle boots in brown leather.

Just to add a bit of self interest for myself I pulled a denim mini on over the jeans, you couldnt really tell I was wearing it as my top almost covered it, almost but not quite......:heehee:

So there I was looking at myself in the mirror, wishing I could ditch the jeans, but alas, my confidence isnt high enough for that yet:o For all intents and purposes I was just me, so out I went. Apart from the clippy clop of the heels there was no way to tell me apart from my normal drab stuff. Or so I thought:doh:

I jumped in the car and decided I'd go to the late night supermarket to do a bit of shopping. I pulled up in the car park, and walked into the store. Clippety clopping my way around the store I went straight to the womens clothing section, found a really nice top, walked round looking for some lingerie (nothing took my fancy) then as I was walking past some mirrors I looked back. What I saw gave me a good old heart flutter. From the front you couldnt tell I was wearing heels or a skirt, but from behind......The heels were very visible, as was the skirt. :eek: My heart was pounding, I felt like I had been caught with my hand in the cookie jar.

So what did I do? I said to myself, "You know what, I chose to come out dressed like this, I chose to go into this shop knowing that I might be seen! And now anyone with a pair of eyes who were interested in looking in my general direction would see that I was wearing heels and a skirt!" and then I walked over to the make-up counter, picked up a mascara and eyeliner pencil and walked casually to the checkout.

As it was late night, it was the self service checkouts and there was a lady helper there. As I walked over she looked toward me, obviously the clippy clops gave something away, I noticed her looking down to my feet. I just smiled and tried not to get embarrassed and began scanning my items through. With my back to her I scanned through the top and she had to come over to remove the tag from it. She looked at me and said "Mind and keep the receipt in case it doesnt fit you, then you can come back and exchange it!" Doesnt fit you!!!???:battingeyelashes: I couldnt think of any response other than to say "Thank you!"

I scanned through the mascara and eyeliner and smiled and thanked her as I left the shop.

What an rush it was! I got back in my car changed into the top and took off my jeans. It fit perfectly, and looked great with the denim mini and boots. I also applied some mascara and eyeliner and drove to a local beauty spot that I like to go sometimes when I'm dressed (as it's always deserted), just to get the feel of being out dressed.

I wish I had the bottle to go out without the jeans on, but small steps first........:wave:

jillleanne
11-19-2008, 08:15 PM
Good for you girl!!!!!!11 Now, get to the grocery store, get that cart, and go grocery shopping, bending twisting, turning, stretching, etc. What a rush you'll get!!!!!! Hugs, Jill