PDA

View Full Version : Tips for shopping in Dallas?

Barbra_in_Tulsa
11-21-2008, 01:36 PM
I am planning a trip to Dallas en fem, what are the best malls to check out while I am there? Is there one that is better than others? Also, and I know this is about the billionth time this question has been asked, but if anyone knows about any mall in particular would you happen to know/suggest about restroom policy? I am really not close to passing but it's not like I look like a freak either. Generally, when I am made up people tend to think I am more TS than CD so......if that makes any difference...........tips and guidance for one local in particular (whichever it might be) would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Barbra

Karren H
11-21-2008, 01:58 PM
Well like any mall I'd stay away on Friday and Saturday nights when kids congragate.. And stay from anywhere where there are cowboys packing side arms!! Lol.

The newer malls have unisex - family restrooms so I'd use them before venturing into the ladies room or the mens room!! And above all.. Smile and have fun!! :)

jennifer41356
11-21-2008, 06:12 PM
I am planning a trip to Dallas en fem, what are the best malls to check out while I am there? Is there one that is better than others? Also, and I know this is about the billionth time this question has been asked, but if anyone knows about any mall in particular would you happen to know/suggest about restroom policy? I am really not close to passing but it's not like I look like a freak either. Generally, when I am made up people tend to think I am more TS than CD so......if that makes any difference...........tips and guidance for one local in particular (whichever it might be) would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Barbra
if you are going to be staying in the city limits try Northpark Mall on I75, its a nice mall with some expensive shops but its in a more Liberal area
If you are staying out in the suburbs, try Willow Bend mall on the Tollway or Valley View Mall on I635.Good malls. We also have a lot of Ross Dress for Less and Burlington stores here that are fun, never had a problem in any of em

If you are worried about restroom usage, go before going out,if you have to go, use the ladies room if dressed that way, never had a problem, but please act like a lady when using the ladies room and you will be fine

Dallas is ok , its a bit more open than other Texas cities with the exception of Austin. There is a gay area, Cedar Springs road, with clubs and some nice restaurants to visit, try Eatzis on Oaklawn road..have fun, I have been out a lot in Dallas and never had any problems, heck I even go a speeding ticket in Carrollton and the cop didnt bat an eye, :D:doh::devil::love:

jennifer41356
11-21-2008, 06:14 PM
Well like any mall I'd stay away on Friday and Saturday nights when kids congragate.. And stay from anywhere where there are cowboys packing side arms!! Lol.

The newer malls have unisex - family restrooms so I'd use them before venturing into the ladies room or the mens room!! And above all.. Smile and have fun!! :)

We leave our weapons tied to our horses at the hitchin post:D

divamissz
11-21-2008, 11:46 PM
if you are going to be staying in the city limits try Northpark Mall on I75, its a nice mall with some expensive shops but its in a more Liberal area
If you are staying out in the suburbs, try Willow Bend mall on the Tollway or Valley View Mall on I635.Good malls. We also have a lot of Ross Dress for Less and Burlington stores here that are fun, never had a problem in any of em

If you are worried about restroom usage, go before going out,if you have to go, use the ladies room if dressed that way, never had a problem, but please act like a lady when using the ladies room and you will be fine

Dallas is ok , its a bit more open than other Texas cities with the exception of Austin. There is a gay area, Cedar Springs road, with clubs and some nice restaurants to visit, try Eatzis on Oaklawn road..have fun, I have been out a lot in Dallas and never had any problems, heck I even go a speeding ticket in Carrollton and the cop didnt bat an eye, :D:doh::devil::love:

I'll add a little to this...

Northpark is my favorite mall. It's one of the nicest malls I've ever been in, and a great selection of stores. Plus, it's got the only MAC Pro store in Texas. Allen Premium Outlet has a great selection of outlet stores, including a Neiman Marcus.

The best time to go to a mall is a weekday afternoon; the worst is a Friday or Saturday evening. If you need to go to the rest room, most malls have family restrooms, which allow for privacy. I tend to prefer to go to one of the department stores (Macy's, Dillards, etc.) and use the ladies room there. They are nicer, and less busy than the mall's public rest rooms.

Dallas has a large LGBT community, and people tend to be a bit more accepting than in the rest of the state.

Paula Siemen
11-22-2008, 10:01 AM
I may be dressed as a lady...but unfortunately, I'm alaways "pack'n"......I need to have it removed some day!

Paula Siemen
11-22-2008, 10:10 AM
North Park amll does have private toilet rooms.....they are located on the north hallway, back towards the open-air atrium near the mall offices behind Anne Taylor Loft. Maybe some otheres scattered around as well. The link below has a map of the mall.

http://www.northparkcenter.com/map/storemap.php

Dillards and Macy's are quite friendly to CD's...I've shopped and tried on there many times..Nordstorms as well. I also highly recoment the Bistro at Nordstorms. Excelent food and wine.

Have fun shopping...maybe I'll see you there.