PDA

View Full Version : A little nervous...

Sarah...
11-22-2008, 03:23 PM
Well, I'm a little nervous this evening as tomorrow I drive south for a couple of hours to meet my Mum. This will be our first meeting since I told her I was TG.

Why nervous? Well, I know she wants to go over my whole childhood with a fine toothcomb to establish where she might have been able to make a difference. There is no animosity (in both directions) and plenty of love - this I know for a fact. But I'm still nervous. We'll probably end up discussing a particularly distressing moment in my life which nearly resulted in me not being here anymore. Don't get me wrong, I'm so glad that, despite my stupidity then, I'm still here now. But even though it was 22 years ago it's still kind of raw. And we're going to have to talk about it.

I won't shy away from it but it's been on my mind since we agreed to meet for a day out together.

It's not all doom and gloom though. When I told Mum I said that, apart from my Dad (who I'll tell myself), I had no right to expect her to keep it secret or object to her telling other people in her life. So, since I told Mum, she's told her husband (my step-father) and her husband's daughter. So my step-father said, "I've told you before, all this stuff is in the genes. Can't fix it, why worry?". My step-sister has opened an invitation to me to go clubbing with her and her girlfriend in their home city. My sister is desperate to "meet Sarah" and my friend sincerely suggested taking me shopping for a Christmas present - to look for some "killer outfits".

So you see, I have loads of support. I'm just a little nervous, that's all.

So I suppose this is kind of like a diary entry. I don't especially need a response as such. I'm just pouring it out here 'cos this is where I like to be.

Thanks for reading!

Sarah...

susanCD123
11-22-2008, 03:37 PM
Wow, very cool, I love it, you are so lucky darling, I wish you the best of luck.

And let me tell you, I am very jealous of your photo, you are hot girl!!!!

Sarah's lover
11-22-2008, 03:41 PM
As always you have my love and my support darling :love:

I'm sure tomorrow will be just fine. Just be honest.

Love you xxx

curse within
11-22-2008, 03:42 PM
Sarah,

The biggest thing is just being yourself, no guilt or shame in being that...It took a lot of courage to open up as you did and now it looks like you are being rewarded by those who love you most and want to see you happy... You can be what you wanted to be your whole life...yourself.. Have fun ..

C.W.

Sheila
11-22-2008, 03:45 PM
Sarah,
I am sure the meet will go well ..... you yourself said there is a lot of love in both directions ........ your stepdad sounds cool:).
Enjoy the time with your mum hun :hugs:

Shelly Preston
11-22-2008, 04:30 PM
Hi Sarah

I hope it all goes as well as it has so far

It sounds like you have a couple of offers not to be refused :)

Good Luck for tommorrow :hugs:

DonnaLynn77
11-22-2008, 04:31 PM
Well I guess you'll have to post again and tell us how it went! I mean, that's what you do with your diary entries, right? ;-)

You are very lucky to have such a wonderful support system around you!

xo,
Donna

trannie T
11-22-2008, 05:07 PM
Please tell your mom not to blame herself - or take credit- for your condition. All the research that has been conducted on the causes of transgendered behavior has come to one conclusion; We don't know why.
Enjoy your visit and let us know how it goes.

Sandra
11-22-2008, 05:50 PM
I would have thought it strange if you wasn't a little nervous :)

I'm sure things will go ok, there seems to be support there already, good luck :hugs:

Sarah...
11-23-2008, 04:01 PM
Thanks for your kind thoughts, each one of you.

I had a lovely day with my mum! It was quite the best day we've had together since I left home all those years ago. We talked about all sorts of stuff, got our relationship onto a very stable platform, enjoyed each other's company and started what seems to be a very promising mother / daughter relationship. We negotiated a few difficult subjects and came up smiling!

It's taken some thinking on my Mum's part, but she says that in the last few days, in the run up to our day out, she has become quite used to having two daughters, instead of a son and daughter.

My mum also paid me the ultimate compliment by saying that I looked and seemed the happiest I've been for years and years. She wanted to know what I had done to my face, as it looked so much softer. The answer was nothing! No makeup, no laser, no face creams. Just the usual wash and brush-up. She was just seeing the face of someone who is happy with her identity!

Finally, to top off a lovely day, she bought me a gorgeous necklace to say thanks for a lovely first day out with her eldest daughter. To say I was touched is an understatement. Needless to say I left her under no illusion as to just how much I love her.

I'm so happy!

Thanks for reading.

Sarah...

Sandra
11-23-2008, 04:09 PM
Gald it went so well Sarah.

deja true
11-23-2008, 04:25 PM
A marvelous experience , Sarah! Congratulations on having an accepting and loving family. Would that this story could be repeated for the rest of us over and over.

And Sarah's Lover, many thanks to you, too, for being there and being so supportive. I'm sure it went a long way in helping Sarah with her nerves and her wonderful day.

:<3:

Sheila
11-24-2008, 05:21 AM
Sarah I am so pleased for you :hugs: I think perhaps your necklace may well become one of your most treasured pocessions :hugs:

Jess_cd32
11-24-2008, 05:40 AM
I'm thrilled for you Sarah, I wish I could read more stories and happy endings like yours here, your very lucky.

I think thats the hardest part of all for a parent of a TG child to accept, losing a son but gaining a daughter, it carries with it alot of emotion and thought, your Mom seems like one incredible lady, my hats off to her and the rest of your family:thumbsup: TY for sharing your experience w/ us.

Bethany_Anne_Fae
11-24-2008, 05:43 AM
I'm so happy!

Thanks for reading.

Sarah...
THIS sums it up so nicely!! Getting to hear the success stories out there is wonderful! Thank YOU, for sharing with us your victories!

*hugs*

Zarabeth

RachelDenise
11-24-2008, 05:47 AM
Sarah, I'm so happy for you! I'm glad your family accepts you for who you are, not who they think you should be. You are very lucky!

Mary Morgan
11-24-2008, 07:43 AM
Your courage and the love of your family is very inspirational. I think you are going to be just fine. Enjoy the new you.