PDA

View Full Version : CD Menopause?

jacques
11-23-2008, 08:50 AM
Hello,
I wonder if there is such a thing as the menopause for cross-dressers? When I look through the posts on this forum there does seem to be a number of members of a certain age who's reason for dressing has changed or regret not accepting their self nature earlier in their lives.
I am not in my fifties and my desire to dress has matured - for over forty years I have dressed for pleasure and now I dress for happiness.
Is this a sign of the menopause?
Is it a change in thinking, a dropping of inhibitions, a lowering of "pleasure" drive or just a change of circumstances that affords the opportunity to dress more regularly?
What do you think?
Love and best wishes to you all,
Jacques.

sissystephanie
11-23-2008, 09:10 AM
Hello,
I wonder if there is such a thing as the menopause for cross-dressers? When I look through the posts on this forum there does seem to be a number of members of a certain age who's reason for dressing has changed or regret not accepting their self nature earlier in their lives.
I am not in my fifties and my desire to dress has matured - for over forty years I have dressed for pleasure and now I dress for happiness.
Is this a sign of the menopause?
Is it a change in thinking, a dropping of inhibitions, a lowering of "pleasure" drive or just a change of circumstances that affords the opportunity to dress more regularly?
What do you think?
Love and best wishes to you all,
Jacques.

Aren't pleasure and happiness very similar? Unless you meant for sexual pleasure. My dressing, which has been going on for over 60 years, has never been about sex. I do it simply because I like the fit, feel, and look of feminine clothing.

You may be right about the "dropping of inhibitions." When I decided, years ago, that I didn't really care about what other people thought about my clothing, I started dressing even more. My late wife knew before we were married and was always totally supportive, so there was no problem there. I frequently did, and still do, go out in public wearing a skirt and feminine top while appearing as a man!:love: Those that don't like it don't have to look!!

But I still would not refer to that change as being "CD menopause!" Just a realization that my own feelings are what is important, as long as I am not hurting anyone.

Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Jess_cd32
11-23-2008, 09:12 AM
I sure am hoping there is no such thing as a cd menopause,lol

Both sexes actually will experience menopause, to what degee's I believe will vary amoungst each individual. I think women in general have it worse than males, I'm not as familiar w/ their symptoms.

Probably a new Vette in a mans driveway thats older may be one sign he's reaching that level or going thru the mid life crisis deal. With the women I sympathize having seen them go thru it.

Jennifer in CO
11-23-2008, 09:13 AM
I have to agree Jacques. I can't tell you when, but many years ago I went from any form of sexual thrill to just a significant comfort level when CD. I'm not sure if this means I'm back to a TG status or just a need/dependency for silk and nylon!

Jenn

jasmine57
11-23-2008, 09:46 AM
I don't know about menopause but I do dress for different reasons not than I did in the begining. I dress because I like feeling femmenine and not for the sexual release now. I don't know if it's maturity or just a dimished sex drive, but I just love being im the Jasmine mode. I know that dressing now is a bigger part of my life and that the satisfaction I get from it is a lot more fulfilling. Call it what you will, I just know that I'm much happier.

sterling12
11-23-2008, 02:30 PM
It's probably a sign that your Testosterone Levels have gone down. A very common occurrence for males in their fifties.

When I was in school they told us that it's very common for women to get more aggressive as they get older, because of the lack of estrogen. Males generally tend to get more passive, related to The Testosterone.

In Tri-Ess Groups we notice a marked increase in CD's who come out of The Closet in their fifties, and join groups. We are guessing, but we think that all of this is related; just like your feelings about menopause for males.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Sheila
11-23-2008, 02:34 PM
I am going to imyself very severely to an POSITIVE NO

anymore and I would end up in bother :Angry3::Angry3: