PDA

View Full Version : Have You Ever Used your "other" Name in a Situation Accidentally ?

jina
11-23-2008, 05:45 PM
There are times when I'll send an email for example and think to myself "did I sign that right" ? Then I check my "sent" folder to make sure I didn't sign "jina" :) .

It would be so easy to do ! Has anyone done this (or something like it)... if so, what did you do ?

Tracii G
11-23-2008, 05:46 PM
No at least I hope not.LOL

Samantha B L
11-23-2008, 05:59 PM
I've slipped up and used "Samantha" twice on emails and I goofed up a couple of times when in drab at parties and I introduced myself as "Samantha". That was 10 years ago. The people at those parties didn't say a word about it.

Niya W
11-23-2008, 06:00 PM
It happens.I said Ni-- then coughed and said my boy name

TommiTN
11-23-2008, 06:01 PM
My fem self has a separate email address for conducting "her" business. Also I never sign my emails since most recipients know the male me anyway. Prevents any little faux pas.

Karren H
11-23-2008, 06:09 PM
Though I've typed it many times at work withoug thinking... "Love Karren". I've always caught it and changed it to "Regards, Zarren". At least no ones sent me a "Who's Karren"? Lol. Having my names one letter off is problematic at times...

avril findlay
11-23-2008, 06:35 PM
I've accidentally used my (Avril's) e-mail account while sending mail as "him". Nobody commented, probably didn't notice.

ElaineB
11-23-2008, 06:36 PM
I rarely sign my emails either, like Tammi. The mail program drops in my sig automatically. So no, never used Elaine by mistake.

valenstein
11-23-2008, 06:39 PM
I did, but mostly on purpose. I had someone autograph a CD for me while I was all glammed up, but she had treated me so nicely and like a person, I felt okay doing it.

Tracey Corset
11-23-2008, 06:51 PM
no, but i was working at a company and someone shouted tracey( it was an open office with about 20 people around ) and i answered, i said it was my wifes name and it was a habit,kids etc, i was so red faced,i kept a low profile for the rest of the day xx

suzypier
11-23-2008, 07:00 PM
It happen once by accident, but I never had a comment about it. :o

Crissy Kay
11-23-2008, 07:01 PM
No, as my fem name is different enough from my male name. Also I have two seperate email accounts, as well. One for each of me!!!!

Sara Jessica
11-23-2008, 07:20 PM
Funny this should come up now. Just a week ago I got a little paranoid that I might have signed an email on my guy account out of habit as :) Sara as I do on her account. It went to several friends and when I received a reply, I was relieved to see that I hadn't done that. But it's kind of like being careful with that "reply all" button, always good to double check this stuff.

jules3367
11-23-2008, 07:52 PM
There are times when I'll send an email for example and think to myself "did I sign that right" ? Then I check my "sent" folder to make sure I didn't sign "jina" :) .

It would be so easy to do ! Has anyone done this (or something like it)... if so, what did you do ?

Yeah, most of my close freinds know and have met jules, they got so used to calling me jules they do it all the time, even to the point i dont answer to my male name much anymore even drab ! teehee

Kimberly Marie Kelly
11-23-2008, 08:01 PM
My personal email I have several signatures, some with Kimberly as my name and some with my real name Michael. But I will include a picture of me usually dressed up (presently like my Avatar). The only exception is when I send to my older brother, that email has an guy picture attached. (looks ugly) he would not approve of Crossdressing. :battingeyelashes:

justmetoo
11-23-2008, 10:25 PM
Nope, don't have an "other" name.

Marjory
11-23-2008, 11:02 PM
My biggest problem is keeping from telling the wife what I read on here or what someone says here. It just seems so natural.

Cheryl J
11-23-2008, 11:25 PM
No, but I have met different Yvonnes (GGs) lately and have wanted to say "That's my name too!" but have keep my urges to myself.

Yvonne

Patty
11-23-2008, 11:59 PM
Not yet but time will catch up

charlene_d
11-24-2008, 01:23 AM
No, but have only had a femme name for a few months.

Charlene D.

Nadia-Maria
11-24-2008, 03:10 AM
I made such a faux pas in a political forum.

I use to contribute on that forum under both identities, one male , the other female. What allows me sometimes to emphasize different point of views (that of myself, that of the woman I might have been) in some difficult issues.

Once I wrote my masculine contribution and signed it as Nadia, what allowed to people in the forum to discover who she was, since my login appeared in front of my contribution.

I was somewhat annoyed. Apparently nobody pointed it out.
And I remained silent for a while ...

tanya1976
11-24-2008, 03:34 AM
No. But my girlfriend has...:o

Jocelyn Quivers
11-24-2008, 09:38 AM
No, but I have met different Yvonnes (GGs) lately and have wanted to say "That's my name too!" but have keep my urges to myself.

Yvonne

I kind of do the same thing when I meet with GG's named Jocelyn. I often want to say that's a lovely name, but I keep it to myself.

suchacutie
11-24-2008, 10:53 AM
One issue with having a wonderfully supportive wife is that Tina is growing into her own person with certain personal traits and actions, e.g. she is left handed (he is right-handed), she cooks certain foods often, she uses certain makeup and fem. products, she likes chick flicks, she wears certain clothes and is always looking for more. So, Tina has become a normal part of the household conversation (just as "he" is part of the conversation when Tina is present en femme), and both of us has suddenly stopped a line of thought when in the presence of others because it was leading to something about Tina. So far neither of us has just blurted out something like, "Tina would look good in that (whatever)", but it's been real close!

Although a bit scary, there is also something very comforting in noting that Tina is a very real part of the relationship.

Tina!

Sonia Greene
11-24-2008, 11:32 AM
Yes, I did it once, on an email. Managed to bluff my way out of it, and am more careful now!

Alana65
11-24-2008, 11:38 AM
Have You Ever Used your "other" Name in a Situation Accidentally ?

My middle name is Alan (hence my screen-name Alana), and I have almost accidentally done it when filling out online job applications. :doh:

Sonia_cd
11-25-2008, 06:25 AM
Though I've typed it many times at work withoug thinking... "Love Karren". I've always caught it and changed it to "Regards, Zarren". At least no ones sent me a "Who's Karren"? Lol. Having my names one letter off is problematic at times...

And the keys are on opposite sides of the key board so citing keyboard error is also ruled out!

jillleanne
11-25-2008, 08:41 AM
Yes, and when questioned about it, I simply said I was talking to myself out loud. LOL Worse yet, and very humorous is when my gg and I are out and about shopping and she calls be " honey", or "hon", etc. We both get a kick out of that one when someone else in the store notices. Just two lesbians out shopping. lol

izzfan
11-25-2008, 11:20 AM
This has never been a problem for me because my name, when abbreviated, is androgynous (although the female variants on my name make me sound like a Stephen king novel or a 1920s crime writer LOL! So maybe I should choose another female name LOL!)