PDA

View Full Version : What if ... ?

Byllie
11-23-2008, 09:09 PM
I often ask questions like this, and am generally amazed at the answers I get. So, here goes!

Question: If suddenly all issues of what clothing was for men and what was for women disappeared, that with respect to clothing, hair, makeup, etc., the playing field was completely level, and all forms of external expressions were freely available to members of all genders, what sort of clothing would you choose to wear and why?

Addendum: Would this provide less of a need to "crossdress"? That is, would you simply seek what clothing, etc., worked for you?

justmetoo
11-23-2008, 10:16 PM
Well, if that were the case the term "crossdressing" would be meaningless, wouldn't it?
I would probably mix and match depending on how felt at any given time.

Samantha43
11-23-2008, 10:18 PM
I'd wear skirts, heels and makeup alot more often.

EveMarie
11-23-2008, 10:21 PM
The feel of soft smooth clothing has always been a pleasure during my "cross dressing". I would feel wonderful to know that a fine pair of silk panties, with a well fit bra, and slip with a tailored pencil skirt and silk stockings, white french cut blouse, and matching charcol grey blazer, would be my choice for work. Then to know it was completely acceptable!!! wow, what dreams girl!

xxx, Evie

danielle42
11-23-2008, 10:23 PM
I would wear skirts and dresses all the time,just because i feel better when i am all dressed up.

Marshchild
11-23-2008, 10:35 PM
I too would probably keep dressing as I do right now - in my case, in a mix of women's clothing and eye-catching men's clothing (the latter thing may be comparatively uncommon these days, but it is still out there if you look). (A lot of my clothing tends to fall into a grey area anyway - it's feminine in colour, fabric and/or design, but is stuff I've had especially made for myself, so whether or not it's actually "women's clothing", strictly speaking, is a point for debate. I can well relate to that quote of Eddie Izzard's: "It's not women's clothing; it's my clothing!") Generally, though, anything that expresses my creative personality and compliments my pretty face is good enough for me! :heehee:

Karren H
11-23-2008, 11:05 PM
I'd have to find a new hobby!! Maybe secret agent or bank robber!! :D

Alana65
11-23-2008, 11:18 PM
I often ask questions like this, and am generally amazed at the answers I get. So, here goes!

Question: If suddenly all issues of what clothing was for men and what was for women disappeared, that with respect to clothing, hair, makeup, etc., the playing field was completely level, and all forms of external expressions were freely available to members of all genders, what sort of clothing would you choose to wear and why?

Addendum: Would this provide less of a need to "crossdress"? That is, would you simply seek what clothing, etc., worked for you?

Yes. I would feel I could safely wear the clothes I like, the most.......that being what we presently call female clothing :daydreaming:. I wouldn't necessarily do the makeup part of it (at least not all the time), though.

victoriamwilliams1
11-23-2008, 11:24 PM
It would be cool I would be in what ever I felt like wearing.

avril findlay
11-24-2008, 12:05 AM
Although I wouldn't be called a crossdresser as the term would be obsolete, I'd continue to wear my lovely skirts, heels, makeup, underwear, etc.

andreaattimes
11-24-2008, 01:15 AM
Skirts and dresses. Silks and satins. Nylons and heels.

Jess_cd32
11-24-2008, 06:29 AM
I'd have to find a new hobby!! Maybe secret agent or bank robber!! :D

.......and I could see the cops questioning the bank employee now, "what did the robber look like" ???

"Well, she was dressed as a guy below and the upper half as Snow White, she ran and dodged everyone trying to catch her like a hockey player and mowed down those that did get in her way after she grabbed the loot!":heehee:

Re: the question I would wear fem clothes alot, just can't beat the feel of them.

Tasha McIntyre
11-24-2008, 06:48 AM
I'm with the majority here. Girly gear all the way, only difference would be I'd have the guts to be seen in public :daydreaming:

suchacutie
11-24-2008, 11:02 AM
My desire is to move back and forth between genders. I like the gender differences and just wearing the clothes of the other gender is not what it's about for me. I am fascinated with the different thought and speech patterns of the two genders as well as the body presentation. When I'm a guy, I present the clothes but also the speech and the thought patterns (and voice). Tina presents (well, tries to present, at this point) feminine patterns of thought and speech and voice. So, I don't expect there would be any change except that it might be easier to be accepted in either gender.

Tina

StaceyJane
11-24-2008, 11:04 AM
girl clothes all the way!!!!
But honestly I would also start to transition to being a woman but in that society transitioning would be a snap!

kymmieLorain
11-24-2008, 11:11 AM
I guess I would wear what I wanted when ever I wanted. A nice skirt and garter/hose to work. A nice athletc skirt to the shooting range. IT would be fun.

Kymmie

crystal99
11-24-2008, 11:16 AM
Anyone dresses how they feel they should look, or want to look, some have style others dont but these are usually within the societies boundaries (ie- i only get to choose male clothes to wear out, as i am still in ahh)

Take the boundaries down then anything goes. Probably id be highley girly most of the time to make up for all the lost time.

Maybe id start to crossdress as a male in secret?

geri-tg.
11-24-2008, 11:17 AM
I think I would wear more of the wonderful dresses and skirts and heels that I have in my closet.I know I would enjoy wearing nail polish all the time.

tanyalynn51
11-24-2008, 02:43 PM
I think a lot more men than ya think would be wearing women's clothing and I would dress all the time.

pink femme
11-24-2008, 05:20 PM
I agree with Danielle...it would mean lots of skirts and dresses for me.

Lots of makeup and lots of heels.

Oh and not forgetting my handbag :battingeyelashes:

I would run for PM and pass a law banning trousers :)

trannie T
11-24-2008, 05:25 PM
If there were no crossdressing I would wear what most women are wearing now.
Jeans.

Violet
11-24-2008, 05:26 PM
I'm not a CD, but I would probably wear my tiara out in public instead of just when I am painting or cleaning. I love wearing my tiara.

renee k
11-24-2008, 05:32 PM
I would just continue what I've been doing, just more of the girly thing.

Huggs, Renee

sometimes_miss
11-25-2008, 03:08 PM
Uh, no, it wouldn't change the need to crossdress, because the genders will gravitate towards what attracts the opposite sex just as we do now. Women will continue to be mostly feminine, and men masculine (uh, except us I guess). And we will want to be like the girls. Nothing would change the way I want to dress.

Michelle8
11-25-2008, 03:13 PM
Definitly Women's clothing most of the time.I wish i could
wear them now out in public whenever I want.

Sarah Doepner
11-25-2008, 03:15 PM
I don't know if I could afford this change. I spend too much now on clothes that don't get out of the house. I know I couldn't clean out the ditch in back in hose and heels, but I'd be June Cleever when I was clening house or going tot he store.

loveslingerie in oc
11-25-2008, 03:23 PM
I'd dress a lot more feminine on the outside (street clothes, etc) that would match all the very feminine lingerie I wear now. What
a dream life that would be. Frances :2c:

Carly D.
11-25-2008, 05:26 PM
I think I would still dress in womens clothing.. however if I were ever outed as a cross dresser I think it would remain the same.. and part three is if I were outed and everyone knew that I cross dressed then that's where things would change.. if I didn't have to worry about being physically or mentally attacked I think I would find my comfort zone dressed from the waste down as Carly and from the waste up as my male self.. freaky Friday allllll the time...

Kate Simmons
11-25-2008, 07:19 PM
Well, since clothing really doesn't determine who I am as a person, whatever I consider comfortable.;):battingeyelashes::)

izzfan
11-25-2008, 07:47 PM
What would I wear if clothing and gender didn't matter, I'd certainly wear a lot more skirts that would be for certain but I guess I wouldn't go "en femme" as much as I would end up blending my male and female wardrobes: (eg: Instead of wearing my usual black combats and heavy metal T-shirts, I might wear a long denim/cargo skirt instead but keep the T-shirt) and I would probably take a lot more care about how I looked.

In fact, I would probably end up wearing skirts (and dresses) as often as possible (whenever it was practical) as they are so much more comfortable than trousers and they look much nicer. Probably wouldn't wear mini-skirts though (anything above knee length tends to make me feel uncomfortable... maybe I'm a bit of a prude LOL!).

I guess what I wore would depend entirely on what I was feeling that day rather than what society says that I should wear.

Marjory
11-25-2008, 07:50 PM
I'd probably degrade to flip flops and shorts or jeans, the mode of dress in SoCal.