PDA

View Full Version : it can be done .....

Wendy me
11-24-2008, 01:57 PM
OK here's the thing here on the forum i hear people say that they have to dress ether completely or at lest under dress every day .... always seamed silly to me if one was a cross dresser that need would be so ... i thought it more a fetish thing more so .... but then again i am not a crossdresser.....

OK a week at deer camp... no room to be fem anything could i do it???? would i do it???? why not?????........so a week at deer camp with all the guys it was ..... tell you what i made the week no troubles no freaking out no big deal...... no shaving any were no plucking no under dressing .....

OK i got home late Saturday night showered and shaved my face and arm pits ..... felt good .... waited until Sunday night to shave the legs ..., and Monday (today) before i wore anything fem .....

know what???? ..... it dose not matter .... yes not looking like Sasquatch is better .... being shaved and sooth is what i like .... but like i am me shaved or not ...... and as far as clothing i like women's to men's but i am me in what ever i wear ...... no i don't shave to impress any one nor do i dress to impress any one ..... i do these things to please me ........

lol don't you think that sometimes more often than not a lot of CDER'S are more like guys trying to impress each outher?????.............

Deborah Jane
11-24-2008, 02:05 PM
I dress when i want too, quite often during the summer months i forget my crossdressing completely and concentrate on the car scene, then when i,m ready to dress again i just shave everything and get back into this again :)

The way i look at is, all my crossdressing things are always going to be there for when i want them, if i don,t feel the need to dress, why not just enjoy being a guy, after all, i,ve had a lifetime to perfect it :D

TrekGirl1701
11-24-2008, 02:05 PM
I'm the same way. I spent years trying to figure out where crossdressing fits into my life and I discovered that they're just clothes. I'm not interested at all in fully transitioning to womanhood. I'm a guy who likes to wear clothes designed for women. I'm myself no matter what gender of clothing I'm wearing.

TommiTN
11-24-2008, 02:06 PM
You've nailed my sentiments pretty well. I have the opportunity to dress every day (unemployed at present), but I feel no compulsion to do so just because I can. I only dress when the mood strikes me. If I forced myself to do it I would not enjoy it as much.

Jamie M
11-24-2008, 02:13 PM
lol don't you think that sometimes more often than not a lot of CDER'S are more like guys trying to impress each outher?????.............

who's trying to impress who ? the one who sets out to tell everyone how balanced they are or the one of brags about how they can do it each day , or maybe the one who's got it so bad at home how no-one understands them or the one who's wife is so supporting.

We each have a story to tell and the fun is getting to know them all. It's not about impressing anyone but about understanding and offering support to people who my not be in the same place.

I'm happy that you're happy with where you are

Aurora27
11-24-2008, 02:14 PM
I guess it all depends on self-esteem and stuff. I can go for weeks or months without dressing and hardly care that much - although I start to get little edgy if I don't wear nail polish for weeks on end... I think a lot of us can get so hung up on defining ourselves through our crossdressing that we are under the illusion it is an absolute necessity that can't be lived without. Deep down we want to be seen by others as victims of our own behaviours - as guys who are generally thought to be the stronger, stoic sex, it probably pleases us to show a side of intense vulnerability as we imagine that that is how women must feel in our society.

Karren H
11-24-2008, 02:18 PM
So you going to post some Sasquatch photos, Wendy??

Up until this morning I hadn't shaved for 4 days... And for me I just like the feeling of not having any hair.. Drab or enfemme.. Just feels nice.. I surely don't shave to impress anyone.. And I dress cause I'm driven to.. Been that way for 5 decades.. Way before the web was invented...

StaceyJane
11-24-2008, 02:24 PM
Ok, I've gotten to wear I underdress just about everyday.
At first underdresing seemed strange but thats because of how society potrays it. I like underdressing it helps keep me connect to my fem side when I can't dress. It's not a sex thing, I just feel better when I do it.

susan fuller
11-24-2008, 02:32 PM
I dress and under dress all the time since it makes me feel nice and pretty. I don't feel right without any girly clothes on even if it is only panties.

Sam-antha
11-24-2008, 02:46 PM
For myself, I like the shaved variety. (Not the underwear- stupid, me.)
Not necessarily the completely feminised variety,(of me)but the other one which is part way complete.
It feels better, cleaner and neater. I mean hairy hands are all right if that is what you have, I don't and so I sort of object to the wrist fuzz. etc.

Clothes ? My underwear used to be fem. Only cos I liked the colours and materials. Not that there was much to choose from forty odd years ago. At least the fem panties of that time did not resemble the then modern Y front.
Now it does not matter one hoot.

Outer clothing, well now, there it has to be the lot. I'm either dressed and then I am Sam-antha or I am not.

~Samm

Louise C
11-24-2008, 02:52 PM
lol don't you think that sometimes more often than not a lot of CDER'S are more like guys trying to impress each outher?????.............[/QUOTE]

I've never had any contact with other cd's, not until i joined this forum and i find myself agreeing with you that it seems that some are definitely trying to outdo each other! Though i don't think this is necessarily a bad thing.
I do not dress particularly to impress others as i've only ever had myself to talk to so to speak, but it certainly is nice to be complimented on how you look by the other members especially when it's important to you to look as feminine as possible.
Personally my ultimate aim is to look as passable as a GG as possible when i dress, although i'm happy just to wear a girly top or jeans at times, when i don't have the time to spend on making myself up.

Jenny Beth
11-24-2008, 03:02 PM
I dress everyday, it's not that I'm bragging about it, it's just that that's how I choose to live in my own home. Having said that there are times I don't dress at all, like when we head out on vacation. We like camping in remote places and pretty much roughing it, getting a shower is a bit of a challenge never mind trying to keep the hair at bay like I do at home. I always bring a few femme tops and capris with me along with a few lingerie items, funny thing is I never wear them. I don't mind not wearing them but what really gets to me is having all that hair starting to grow back...ewwwww! I know everyone is different but for me there's no point in wearing what I've brought along if I don't feel good in it.

As for CD's trying to impress each other here all I will say is that some are very impressive in both the way they dress and their ability to do a great make over. I see nothing wrong with that but there are members here whose thoughts and comments are more interesting than the way they look.

Karren H
11-24-2008, 04:45 PM
Ohhh. I forgot... Did you kill anything?? Besides cases of beer? :)

paulaN
11-24-2008, 05:02 PM
Was deer camp in Maine. I know you have been here before.

Mirani
11-24-2008, 05:20 PM
I realise there is no ill intent in this thread and we are all (of course) entitled to our perceptions and views.

here it comes . . . .

However ....
Yet again we seem to miss the point about our gender variance.

The key is in that phrase - "variance" .. we do not really need to justify (to anyone yet alone each other) where we stand on the gender continuum.

We are who we are - that's all.

Underdressers/fetish dressers/"need to" dressers/"Want to" dressers/frustrated dressers/"right brain, wrong body" dressers/Trans "V"/Trans"G"/"pre-op"/"post op"/"tuckers"/"let it all hang out" ers/ all or nothing/something rather than nothing/. . . and it goes on.

"always seamed silly to me" is of course a valid viewpoint . . but no different from the non GV world who "don't get it".

My point is - the thread assumes we need to justify who we are and what we do and how far we go. I dispute that need.

In the words of the song:

I am what I am
I am my own special creation
So come take a look
Give me the hook or the ovation
Its my world
That I want to have a little pride in
My world
And its not a place I have to hide in
Life's not worth a damn
Till you can say
I am what I am

I am what I am
I don't want praise I don't want pity
I bang my own drum
Some think its noise I think its pretty
And so what if I love each sparkle and each bangle
Why not try to see things from a different angle
Your life is a sham
Till you can shout out
I am what I am

I am what I am
And what I am needs no excuses
I deal my own deck
Sometimes the aces sometimes the deuces
Its one life and there's no return and no deposit
One life so its time to open up your closet
Life's not worth a damn till you can shout out
I am what I am

I am what I am

I am what I am
And what I am needs no excuses
I deal my own deck sometimes the aces sometimes the deuces
Its one life and there's no return and no deposit
One life so its time to open up your closet
Life's not worth a damn till you can shout out
I am what I am

Oh I am
Oh I am
I am, I am, I am good
I am, I am, I am strong
I am, I am, I am worthy
I am, I am, I belong

I am

I am

Ooh ooh ooh ooh I am

I am, I am, I am useful
I am, I am, I am true
I am, I am somebody
I am as good as you, ah ha
Ah ha, ooh ooh ooh ooh yes I am
Ah ah ah ah

Doo doo doo doo I am
I am, I am, I am

Sam-antha
11-24-2008, 05:34 PM
Impressing ? Is that the same as getting compliments ?
~Samm

Raya
11-24-2008, 05:38 PM
I used to be like that sometimes, but you wouldn't know it because it worked to stop me from posting here.

I can't speak for everybody else, but I think it's just insecurity. Just paying way too much mind to the fact that large parts of society are socialized (trained?) to view "men in dresses" as worthy of ridicule. "I have to work twice as hard to be considered half as good." and all that...

Luckily for me, I'm moving past all that. I've always known that I don't need to justify myself to anybody, intellectually. Until now, though, I've never had the courage to "practice what I preach".

Since I took that first step, I've never felt better.

gennee
11-24-2008, 05:43 PM
The last thing I'm trying to do is impress anyone. I just like to wear women's clothing.

Gennee

:)