PDA

View Full Version : Omg you look like your picture

Niya W
11-26-2008, 11:35 AM
A bout a month a ago and I met some in real time I first met on line. She was shocked when I looked just like the picture I sent her. I know people tend to use there best pic , but do people tend to look that different in person ??

izzfan
11-26-2008, 01:05 PM
Normally, I don't meet people who I find online (not to say I never do but I am a bit cautious about the whole thing in genenral) so I don't think I can really comment too much on this issue but I can understand why people would put their best pic on here. I can't really use any old pics (if I ever posted a picture) because I had a goatee up until halloween this year.

As for my pic, it is meant to be a drawing of me 'en femme' and it looks reasonably like what I look like in real life except my hair is slightly different in the pic (my real hair has a longer fringe and is centre-parted, it is also dark brown rather than black - I don't know if you can really see that in the pic.... maybe I should adjust the brightness), I am also slightly fatter in real life and my figure is more masculine than feminine (eg:my hips are not as wide as in the drawing). Nevertheless, I think it is quite a good drawing.

docrobbysherry
11-26-2008, 02:36 PM
CD folks looking different from their pics posted here? Well, that's just not rite!

I look JUST EXACTLY like my avatar and signature pics!:devil:

To use your byline:
Sherry is from Venus, Robert is from the Black Lagoon!:doh:

MJ
11-26-2008, 03:29 PM
this is my best avatar. you don't want to see the real me :eek: besides that there's not a reinforced extra wide lens that can shoot me :straightface:

Sherlyn
11-26-2008, 03:34 PM
Mj I have seen you in the real ..and you look like you in your pics..:) I see no different in your avatar ..you are you !!!

MJ
11-26-2008, 03:36 PM
Mj I have seen you in the real ..and you look like you in your pics..:) I see no different in your avatar ..you are you !!!

aww Thank you sher. maybe i should put up my latest pictures . then you can see .

Susan4
11-26-2008, 04:08 PM
Well MJ ... I saw you just a few weeks ago ... and you look just like you.

Cute, energy to burn ... and glowing.

I can't speak for more than one or two people ... but those that I've meet do look like their photos. Obviously, the photo shows their 'best' side (smile) but it was in the ball park.

Hugs

Rachel Morley
11-26-2008, 06:20 PM
I know people tend to use there best pic, but do people tend to look that different in person ??
I don't know Niya, you tell me :) ... you've met me in person several times now. I think your avatar doesn't do you justice, you look way prettier in real life! :)

EricaCD
11-26-2008, 06:46 PM
(unlurk)

Interesting, because this is a regularly-voiced concern. That said, I have met plenty trans people of varying stripes (mostly CDs) in person over the last couple years, including Holly, Kimberley, Rachel Morley, Rena, Windycissy and Sara (and probably others) from this forum. I can't think of one where I would say that the photos I saw presented a false impression of the person. Indeed, in a couple cases I'd say the real-life version was far more attractive than the photo suggested!

I'm sure that some folks do present themselves through a peculiarly flattering photo, and the reality is far off. But I think this may be a less common phenomenon than feared. Either that or maybe I just need to get out more...

As far as my photos? I think they are fairly representative, but it's for others to judge.

(/lurk)

Karren H
11-26-2008, 06:59 PM
Yeah!!! That's so cool!!.... I'm arfaid I look nothing like my photos I post here.....

Here's what I reappy look like.... http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTb_6h4i1JsyEBqMqjzbkF/SIG=12db9400i/EXP=1227830305/**http%3A//shotsdaily.com/celebrities/photos/sophia-loren.jpg

Kate Simmons
11-26-2008, 07:08 PM
Yeah!!! That's so cool!!.... I'm arfaid I look nothing like my photos I post here.....

Here's what I reappy look like.... http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTb_6h4i1JsyEBqMqjzbkF/SIG=12db9400i/EXP=1227830305/**http%3A//shotsdaily.com/celebrities/photos/sophia-loren.jpgToo funny Karren. I actually look like Witchblade myself but tone it down a bit when I go out.:heehee:

avril findlay
11-26-2008, 07:36 PM
I've never met anyone from this site, but I know I look completely different without my makeup and wig.

Karren H
11-26-2008, 07:46 PM
I've never met anyone from this site, but I know I look completely different without my makeup and wig.

That's what I thought too..... I have met a few local girls.. In drab, in a public place and they wandered right up to me and said hi.. How did you know it was me? Weil it was the smile!! :)

Bethany_Anne_Fae
11-26-2008, 08:37 PM
Without the garb, hair and makeup... oh yeah... I'm completely diferent.

*hugs*

Zarabeth

Niya W
11-26-2008, 09:18 PM
Without the garb, hair and makeup... oh yeah... I'm completely diferent.

*hugs*

Zarabeth

I guess I'm not. I went to sparkle and checked in in boy mode. I was recognized by two people there that never saw in boy mode before .

Edwina
11-26-2008, 11:17 PM
I don't know if I look like my pictures but I do know that when I am dressed I look nothing like my G mode.:) This was borne out by my encounter a couple off weeks ago with a friendly lady who knows me as Mr.

:love:

Edwina

tanya1976
11-27-2008, 04:12 AM
That's a good question. I think my pic is a fairly accurate representation of what I look like on a good dressing up day (let's not dwell on the bad ones:)) but you still have to consider various factors like lighting,angles etc. Then there's always the point of view,especially for crossdressers I think, that all pictures are only images and any one image is no more truthful, or false, than another and NONE of them really represent a full reality..Even in day to day life we present a edited version of ourselves..or at least I do! I suppose the trick is to just pick the pictures that make you happy, or at least not wince...

Kristen Kelly
11-29-2008, 09:36 AM
I have met many of the girls from here over the years and they do look like their avaitar, in fact was out to Triangles a few weeks ago and Jennfer Teal looked EXACTLY like her avitar wearing the same top she is in her photo. As for myself I look exactly the same in my avaitar even without the makeup and have been aproched by people dressed and they have said "I know you"

Nicki B
11-29-2008, 10:08 AM
When Trans-Mission (http://www.trans-mission.org/) was running in London, it was a standing joke that people should wear name badges, because it was so often VERY difficult to recognise people from their avatars on various boards..:heehee:

Yes, we do tend to put up our most feminine-looking pics, it's how we wish to see ourselves? But I've always tried to put up something recognisable (even though my avatar is actually of Geena Davis, that's me in my sig - and my album..)?

KellyCD
11-29-2008, 11:59 AM
I look exactly like my avatar, just in 3D.

Beth785
11-29-2008, 08:10 PM
I look like my avatar, too. Now, as far as what I normally wear, that's a different story. Can't really wear a skirt and knee highs to work, when I have to wear steel toed boots. I don't really see the point of portraying yourself as someone else, especially on dating sites. Now, my drab MySpace picture is myself in silhouette, but that's more for an art effect than anything else.

Paula T
11-29-2008, 08:53 PM
Here's a larger pic if it is allowed you gals judge

Brenda_Boston
11-29-2008, 09:28 PM
Kristen it was nice meeting you at Triangles last weekend (I was the girl in Pink who jumped in while Holli, Liz and you were dancing (sorry if I stepped on your toes :battingeyelashes:).....you looked fabulous sis and I had a great time that night....and yes I would recognize you from your avatar:)

Brenda

Brenda_Boston
11-29-2008, 09:48 PM
[QUOTE=Nicki B;1513786]When Trans-Mission (http://www.trans-mission.org/) was running in London, it was a standing joke that people should wear name badges, because it was so often VERY difficult to recognise people from their avatars on various boards..:heehee:QUOTE]

Nicki thanks so much for the Transmission link....I planned my trip to London around being able to attend TX 32 (March 2005)....I'm in the photo of the 4 American chicks.....the fashion savvy of those who attended TX was beyond compare....I'm so glad I made it there before they ceased operations.....someday I hope to make it to Sparkle in the Village....what a time that is !!!

Brenda

cdmindymi
11-30-2008, 06:31 PM
Beth I don't know if you look like your picture or not, but you do look nice..... Of course to say anything else to a girl with a ak-47 could be unhealthy:eek:

Mindy:love:

Niya W
11-30-2008, 07:25 PM
Beth I don't know if you look like your picture or not, but you do look nice..... Of course to say anything else to a girl with a ak-47 could be unhealthy:eek:

Mindy:love:

Mindy you know there are more than one of us on the board :) Looks at pink NRA card