PDA

View Full Version : Great 24 hours - I shouldn't purge right?

AlisonWood
11-26-2008, 06:10 PM
I'm a lurker on this board - this is my first post.

Just had a GREAT 24 hours. Spent too much $$ to get a few key pieces. But started off this morning with cute jeans, cami, and a sweater...with some light makeup. Went out all day and I swear I didn't get read once. Got a pedicure done, talked to the ladies behind the makeup counter...I didn't believe I was so passable but I guess I was.

Now I'm like "mission accomplished" and I want to purge for about the 10th time (and about that many thousand of dollars) in my life. I should just box it up for 2010 right?

Thanks to all the passionate, beautiful ladies on this board.

Karren H
11-26-2008, 06:40 PM
Resist and just pack them away because you know and I know that this will come back... Then you can dig them out and continue on... $$ in your pocket.. In hard economic times it's the smart thing to do!! lol

Oh and welcome to this wackey place!!! :)

Marjory
11-26-2008, 06:44 PM
Don't ever purge, you always regret it and you WILL want to dress again.

Jonianne
11-26-2008, 06:48 PM
Alison, I am sure you have heard of the saying "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result each time". Stop the insanity by not purging this time.

Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of kindred spirits here.

StaceyJane
11-26-2008, 07:01 PM
Rule number one of crossdressing "DON'T PURGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Rule number two "HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Cari
11-26-2008, 07:38 PM
I agree totally; just take some time; wash everything and box it up. I've taken months or even years off but always return.

Who knows maybe the urge will never return for you, thats a personal journey. Purging is a big expensive decision; take some time with it, especially if you have any regrets about the last few times and see a pattern.

Another really good reason to box it all up is that if you drop it at goodwill ; you'll most likely see a thread about the great deal one of us got on a "cute jeans, cami, and a sweater" :)

Good Luck

Cari

Deborah Jane
11-26-2008, 07:43 PM
NO!!!!
Purging never works!!!

ErikaK
11-26-2008, 08:07 PM
Unless you have to keep every thing well hidden IMHO you should just hang it in your closet I wouldn't get rid of a thing you'll want that felling again,I'd lay odds well before 2010. If you just have to stash everything don't bury it to deep. :D

sterling12
11-27-2008, 01:47 AM
Do yourself a favor, instead of burning your stuff or putting it in The
Dumpster, why don't you start a thread about your feelings and why you think you feel compelled to do this.

You told us you had a great 24 hours. You said you were passable, and nobody "read" you. So, why do you feel all this guilt? What really happened except that one half of your dual personalities had a glorious experience.

Work with us in this forum, write it out, and then pay attention to the responses. By the time you get done with that process, the worst of the "purge" feelings will have passed.

You really need to work on the self-acceptance thing!

Peace and Love, Joanie

Leohose
11-27-2008, 01:58 AM
put them away because you will want to slip into them again

mykhelee
11-27-2008, 02:51 AM
Purging is our version of an eating disorder, we just go out and re-stock when the urge hits again. Many of us have purged a good sized walk in closet over the years and have many regrets about that excellent skirt or heels we have never been able to replace. Properly pack them up and save them for the day when the pink rain falls down and you have no choice but to dance in it.

FanciJewel
11-27-2008, 09:03 AM
Purging is a way that we deal with the tension that CD'ing brings to our emotional lives. We dress up and have a fantastic time but we must return to the male mode eventually. That creates a tension emotionally that is delt with by getting rid of one or the other. Since we can't readily get rid of the male mode we "get rid" of the female mode by purging. That only works momentarily, however, because how we are doesn't change and we of course are Cross Dressers through and through. I have found that keeping the clothes in a safe place where they are readily accessable, actually decreases the tension and lessens the urge to purge. I hang them with my wifes clothes. She knows they are mine and I know they are mine, yet I can walk away from dressing when I want. I also can come back to dressing when I want and the clothes will still be there wrinkle free and ready to wear.---Fanci

Alice Torn
11-27-2008, 11:07 AM
Karren will agree here! Purge the jeans only!

geri-tg.
11-27-2008, 11:13 AM
I think we all have purged at sometime only to go out and replace all that we got rid of.

Jess_cd32
11-27-2008, 11:14 AM
But if you absolutely still feel the need now to rid yourself of the clothes and makeup you can send it to:
Jess_cd32
N.E. USA, lol

Joanne f
11-27-2008, 04:52 PM
Maybe it`s the spending the money that you like the most , so i say give the clothes to someone who can`t afford them and go out and buy a new lot , in that way you will feel good and you will be helping to get the economy working again :heehee:

joanne

angelfire
11-27-2008, 05:15 PM
If you have already purged 10x, it is probably a sure thing you'll want to do it again at some point, so save yourself the money and just box it up.

CD Susan
11-27-2008, 05:17 PM
DO NOT EVER PURGE!!!!!!!!!!! Why would you want to anyway after having such a great time out? If you want to stop cd'ing for a while box your things up and put them somewhere safe. The urge to cd will ALWAYS return!!!!!!! Believe me and the others that are telling you this as we have been there and done that!

AlisonWood
11-27-2008, 07:19 PM
Thanks so much ladies - I just needed a little hand holding.

It's great that there are so many dynamic, intelligent, and dare I say pretty funny women here.

Thanks again for your advice - I really think the whole self acceptance thing is the key.

God I just love being a girl.

Hugs,
Alison

Maria2222
11-27-2008, 07:49 PM
I have no belief in purging, Alison, because I know that the urge will come back to you again. Please save yourself some money and pack the clothes away.
You might give things another shot before 2010 LOL.

sandyb40c
11-27-2008, 08:45 PM
Even if you choose not to dress for a while, as the others have told you, definitely don't purge. I get upset when I think of some of the great things I have purged - lovely skirt suits, beautiful dresses, perfect fitting bras, expensive lingerie, great fitting shoes, the list of things goes on - thousands of dollars wasted on minutes of madness, thinking that purging will cure me.

Just put the stuff in a safe place - the urge will return. Save yourself some dollars and heartache!

Tracii G
11-27-2008, 09:16 PM
Never have purged and never will.