PDA

View Full Version : How female are you in general life..

Pernille Tiratzo
11-27-2008, 07:42 AM
...No I dot mean wearing womens underwear, nail polish on toes etc.Under the male clothes.
This is more in the taste for other female stuff. I am in my SO`s view a very femenine man. I like colors, brigth shiny ones and the "girly" colors. Red,pink,purple ligth blue etc. I chose our livingroom curtains, the ones we have now is purple, with matching satin purple pillows. But the bedroom is also my taste for decorations. Ligth purple walls, With cherry wood bed an maching drawers. The lamps on the bedstand looks like small purses with beaded handles. I wanted a lustre in the roof but it bacame to expensive for my wife to go along with it.. The decorations is a par of pumps and purple stones. Only one picture painted by myself. A hart in shades of pink.
I just love the romantic looking bedrooms, satin sheets and the Victorian style is my favourite.

Marshchild
11-27-2008, 07:55 AM
A bit, I'd say. Fairly introspective and emotional; gentle and sensitive. Love beauty in all its many manifestations. Artistic (currently writing a novel, and have various other creative projects in the pipeline). A bit of a neat freak. Work in a traditionally feminine industry (aged care). No doubt there are some other things as well, but those are the ones that spring immediately to mind.

Jess_cd32
11-27-2008, 07:56 AM
My house is Victorian and we used wild colors to go with the Vict. theme.
Have purples, pink, cream, gold and regular colors as well, depends on the room. Had some nice antiques to compliment some rooms but gradually getting rid of them for something that still looks good but is usable and not so fragile.

My SO had a heavier set friend stop by years ago and she just walked over and sat in one of my 100 y/o Eastlake chairs and I hear "crack"!!!, OMG:eek:

Putting finishing touches now on a Vict. bedroom with the old spindle type bed, just found a chenielle bedspread for it, have an old oil lamp and a few other old pieces, it looks great.

StephanieT
11-27-2008, 08:06 AM
Not very female at all. I don't like shopping as a guy. When I go as a guy, it is a whirlwind trip. Go to what I want, get it, pay, and get out of there. When dressed, I spend a little more time trying to figure out what will look good and then look some more. My sense of home decor stinks. If I see something put together and like it while shopping then I will buy it but I could never put something together by myself. Just not talented that way.

BeckiB
11-27-2008, 08:07 AM
Great question Barbie! I think in boy mode I venture more towards the rugged type. I am a bit of a speed freak. I race motocross, go camping, and venture out alone for weeks on my sailboat. I enjoy building furniture and boats in my spare time and I have spent over 25 years in the military.

The funny thing is that all the while I am thinking about needing to loose a few pounds so I look better in an outfit. I try to keep the grease and grime from staining my hands because...well it is disgusting and not very girly. I like to shop whether it be dressed as a boy or a girl. I love doing makeovers in either mode. I love to flower garden but I am not sure if that is girly or not. My dad is a huge gardener so I think I just got that from him

I think I have a pretty good balance and I love the fact that I get to do both. It is who I am and I like that person. I know this sounds corny but I feel special that I am this way. I can walk in both pairs of shoes to experience life and I am a better person because of it. I don't rush my wife when she is getting ready to go out...I know how long it takes...I know why she needs to have so many pairs of shoes..etc.

Ok I am rambling here so off I go! Happy Thanksgiving to all

tanya1976
11-27-2008, 08:10 AM
Do you mean the stereotypical,culturally reinforced, notion of what constitutes being girly? Surely not...:battingeyelashes:

immike
11-27-2008, 08:11 AM
...No I dot mean wearing womens underwear, nail polish on toes etc.Under the male clothes.
This is more in the taste for other female stuff. I am in my SO`s view a very femenine man. I like colors, brigth shiny ones and the "girly" colors. Red,pink,purple ligth blue etc. I chose our livingroom curtains, the ones we have now is purple, with matching satin purple pillows. But the bedroom is also my taste for decorations. Ligth purple walls, With cherry wood bed an maching drawers. The lamps on the bedstand looks like small purses with beaded handles. I wanted a lustre in the roof but it bacame to expensive for my wife to go along with it.. The decorations is a par of pumps and purple stones. Only one picture painted by myself. A hart in shades of pink.
I just love the romantic looking bedrooms, satin sheets and the Victorian style is my favourite.
I spend a quiet,lazy day,at Mom's house,while she is away,looking after her animals.I
spent the night,so I will jump in the shower&get cleaned up,then wander into Mothers
closet&pull out one of her outfits.I will put on a pair of suntan pantyhose,then proceed
to dress in one of mothers good skirtsuits&one of her silk blouses&a pair of heels,and
spend a lazy day dressed&playing on the computer

Kimberly Marie Kelly
11-27-2008, 08:12 AM
I am in the process of painting my bedroom a light pink color, I just love pink. I like all the other softer feminine colors as well. I tend to like the floral patterns and lacy things..too.

I also tend to wear pink blouses and definitely feminine blouses when out along with facial makeup, Foundation, Blush, Eye shadow, Mascara. To me it makes me look years younger.

So to answer your question, I am probably 40% feminine all the time outwardly in the things I do. And loving it. :battingeyelashes::battingeyelashes:

FanciJewel
11-27-2008, 08:16 AM
I enjoy doing the chores that are typically assigned to women. I do most of the cooking, house cleaning, and laundry. I have a wide range of house plants that I care for. I tend to the flowers in the gardens in the yard. I am the only male in an office of 12. That makes the lunch time conversations fun and interesting.---Fanci

Pernille Tiratzo
11-27-2008, 08:21 AM
HIHIHI... so nice to see that there are more than me beeing girly in everyday life. But taking foam bath and drinking white wine with mud masks....olala!
Did I mention the pink cell phone I have?

Tip or Ozma
11-27-2008, 08:55 AM
Simply put, I was born with the shopping gene, not the sports gene.

Lesley Ann
11-27-2008, 09:08 AM
Love colors, at the moment I am wearing a pink sweater and pink socks. My bathroom is pink also my towels, my bedroom is a pale lilac. I find that I now cut my food up in smaller pieces and eat slower than I used to. Now I come to think about it more seriously, I guess I am more feminine than masculine! Weather this is a result of the herbal course I have been on for the past eighteen or so months I am not sure, but I have been told that I am a very kind and gentle person, occasionally this has given the wrong signals to the gay community, although I think it more of a compliment than an insult.

Just thought I'd add my twopence worth,
Lesley Ann.

sometimes_miss
11-27-2008, 09:11 AM
In public, not at all, because I work very hard to avoid it. I work in a predominantly female field, and would easily be assumed gay if I exhibited any fem mannerisms at all. It's hard enough to attract women without that happening. In private, it's a another matter entirely.

Karren H
11-27-2008, 09:33 AM
I love bold colors... as long as they are either Steelers or Penguins team colors.... Yeah!!

Ok... I have some Packers colors too...

Annie D
11-27-2008, 09:36 AM
In my profession, I am expected to be masculine. Talk about stereotyping; think about your high school coach. That is what I do for a living and I love my job. Teaching and coaching gives me the opportunity to inspire, mold, and fill a void for young adults that they sometimes do not receive at home.

I won't spend alot of time on my shaved legs, pierced ears and manicured fingernails but I will say that it takes me forever to choose the right outfit to wear to school. Every article in my outfit matches in both color and brand. At my age, I rarely wear t-shirts and pull on shorts but I do wear polo shirts and belted shorts. Adidas tops, call for matching shorts and matching shoes. Reebok the same and of course Nike as well. I wear bright color shirts; yellows, pinks, raspberry, oranges, multi-colored stripes, anything that sets me apart. My shorts are conservative; knee length but when it comes to shoes, I never hold back. I could wear a different pair of tennis shoes for over an entire month and never wear the same pair twice. My dilemma is that Nike has the most colorful shirts but Adidas has the greatest Microbounce collection with all the colors of the rainbow available. Of course the chosen color scheme of the day matches all the way, underwear included.

The students that I teach and coach always compliment me on my co-ordinating outfits and have asked some of the other coaches, why they dress the same way. LOL! They have a way that they want to present themselves and I have a way that I choose to dress.

I do all the shopping and cooking at home while my wife does the laundry and the house cleaning. I love to shop and my daughter would rather go shopping with me than with my wife; maybe it is because I have a better sense for fashon.

I think that we all make subtle hints about who we really are but most people don't really take the time to pick up on them.

TGMarla
11-27-2008, 09:42 AM
Ok... I have some Packers colors too...I knew I hated you.... :lol2: (I'm a Bears fan!)

Anyway, the incredible humor out of the way, I have an eye for the feminine in the decor around our house, too. I can appreciate the girly touches my wife adds to our living space, and I do a bit myself. I like pastels and color coordination...things like that. But overall, I am mostly a guy in my everyday living, and don't tend to be overly feminine. I guess I save that for my spare time when I'm by myself. Then I'm kind of a girly girl.

Go Bears! :D

Heather_Marie
11-27-2008, 09:45 AM
Yes that is a great question Barbie Tiratzo I was thinking of that question just the other day and you beat me to the post. Thank O.K. for the question that you asked and I love it. I love designing rooms, watching chick flicks, cleaning the house (My wife loves that) and collecting toys and let me expand on that I’m a Star Wars collector and Transformers collector. However with the new Tinkerbell movie that came out (and she is the best) I have collected all Tinkerbell stuff toys, movie, cloths, earrings anything with that little pixie I get. :fairy1:

But yes there are a lot more things to me then just dressing up as Heather Marie.

melissacd
11-27-2008, 09:49 AM
Because I am single now and I can define my life and my space as I please I find that I now trend towards things that one would consider more feminine in terms of style, color etc... In my past married life, because I was in a great state of denial for much of my life, I tended to express more masculine tastes because I thought that was what was expected of me not because that is what I wanted. It was only since 2004 that that started to change and now I find that my choices in all aspects of my life are more in line with what I really want and that tends to be the feminine.

Anna the Dub
11-27-2008, 10:06 AM
I have been told that my attitudes and likes and dislikes are what are seen as typically female. Recently my sister in law (all my family now know I am TS) said that in all the years she has known me, she never would have suspected. She thought that I was a very gentle, quiet and shy boy and then man. But knowing what she knows now, she said that the whole thing was signposted all along the way, just that no one knew what the signs were or what they meant.

Cari
11-27-2008, 10:16 AM
To put it simply the older I get the more of fem side side comes out all around. I dont outwardly dress in a feminine way but certainly smile more, am more "sensitive" and I guess just gentler than I used to be.

Cari

avril findlay
11-27-2008, 10:24 AM
I just try and be myself, I wouldn't know a "romantic looking bedroom" if I passed one on the street.

Sarah Martin
11-27-2008, 12:28 PM
Fairly female, I guess. I do chores, cook, wash, clean, iron. I like pretty things, am a bit arty-farty (poetry, writing, watercolours). I like pastel colours and beautiful things.

I recall one occasion at work when I wrote a report (I usually type them but I was in a hurry) and someone asked which female member of the team wrote it. So I guess I have feminine handwriting!

:hugs:
Sarah

Maxi
11-27-2008, 12:58 PM
I appear as all male, but have a sense of humor. When checking out at Walmart with a cream colored corset, the clerk, whom I deal with in business also, commented to me, "You can't buy that." My comment back was, "Why is it not my color?" It was obvious it would not fit my wife. She just laughed. I really dought she thinks it was for me.
I do like all colors, and can wear a pink shirt, with no inseruritys.
I can relate to both men and wonem. I think women like the fact this macho guy has a soft feminen understanding side too.

izzfan
11-27-2008, 12:59 PM
In terms of appearence in "bob mode" - I shaved off my beard on halloween and haven't bothered to grow it back, my hair is pretty much shoulder length and I always wear nail varnish and occasionally eyeliner. In terms of clothes, I generally wear black combats, a black T-shirt (Iron Maiden T-shirts, more often than not) and a headband/ bandana to keep my hair out of my eyes.

In terms of personality, this is certainly an interesting one as I sometimes do go through surprisingly feminine phases when in "Bob mode" and I quite enjoy these as I am generally more social, friendlier, more emotional etc... However, I also go through excessively masculine phases too which can be quite annoying as I tend to be more cynical, go on political rants, be cruder than usual etc... Luckily this hasn't happened so often after I got rid of the beard LOL!

It also depends on social groups as well, if I am hanging out with a group of men then I am more likely to go into the far more masculine side of my personality which is often louder, cruder etc.. than I am normally or en femme.

As for my "normal" personality (when I am not "en femme", when I am not feeling excessively masculine/feminine and when I am not drunk), I am generally quite nervous/paranoid/awkward, somewhat introspective, often appear emotionless and is just generally somewhat eccentric/wierd and I can be something of a nocturnal recluse at times LOL!.

So I guess I have feminine handwriting!

... My handwriting is pretty much illegible whether I am en femme or in bob mode :sad: LOL!

Deborah Jane
11-27-2008, 01:03 PM
During the day i,m an average guy, doing average guy things

BUT....

In the evenings i become....

Debs....

Dumb blonde and girly :battingeyelashes:

Tess
11-27-2008, 01:22 PM
If not feminine, certainly not macho...I'm the cook with a strong influence from Julia Child, paint watercolors (some with masculine themes, some more feminine), love the theater and opera, wear the strappiest male sandals I can find, like bright or pastel colors for my t-shirts, try to think through my drab outfits to make sure they are coordinated, and am quiet and gentle. There are lots of gurly things that I find shallow and irritating so I'm not totally a swish in drab.

kimmy p
11-27-2008, 03:43 PM
I am very androgynous. I love girly stuff. My wife even takes me shopping and not only asks, but respects my clothing opinions. I own a lot of pink, and many of my tastes run femmy. But I also enjoy some traditional guy things. Hunting, fishing, football.... I guess that If I was GG then I would be a tom boy that also liked to dress to the nines once in a while.

Jenna1561
11-27-2008, 04:03 PM
I knew I hated you.... :lol2: (I'm a Bears fan!)

Anyway, the incredible humor out of the way, I have an eye for the feminine in the decor around our house, too. I can appreciate the girly touches my wife adds to our living space, and I do a bit myself. I like pastels and color coordination...things like that. But overall, I am mostly a guy in my everyday living, and don't tend to be overly feminine. I guess I save that for my spare time when I'm by myself. Then I'm kind of a girly girl.

Go Bears! :D

So Sorry to burst bubbles, but GO G-MEN! I am a big Giants fan, grew up in NJ and have been all my life, not always easy now as I live in the Dallas area. But Eli Manning Rocks! He's also a reasonably good QB.

As for the feminine aspects of my everyday life, I too enjoy the bold bright color palette. I enjoy crafting particularly flower arrangements, wall hangings, and door wreaths. I read mostly romance novels with a fantasy aspect (vampires, werewolves, and faeries). I enjoy fashion. I do however enjoy movies, romantic comedies, action-adventure, horror and such. I imagine my DVD collection may be more male oriented than female, but I do enjoy watching movies.

Jenna

Rachel Morley
11-27-2008, 04:44 PM
My wife tells me all the time I'm very girly for a guy and that's why she married me :) She hates manly men, especially in attitudes and lifestyle preferences.

If a stranger were to come in to our home I would like to suggest that they would think the place was occupied by women. Why? Because there's not a single masculine signal in the house. From the type of decor, colors, how the bedroom and bathroom is, what with types of shampoo shower gel etc (ok there's a Gillette Fusion in the cabinet but that's all) but all sights, smells, clothes, and signals of who lives there are all either unisex or feminine.

However, the thing I think makes me a feminine guy (I don't like referring to myself as a man) is my personality. My wife Marla says she's attracted to a partner who is soft, kind, caring, emotional, in touch with his feminine side, and who able to show empathy toward women. In other words, she wants live with some who's "like a woman" except for the intimate bedroom stuff! :D

Cathytg
11-28-2008, 12:00 AM
I am feminine - other than dressing - in a number of practical ways:

I love to cook; I also keep a clean kitchen.

I try to keep a clean house.

I think I am empathetic in a feminine way.

I love to soak in bubble baths.

I have a fashion sense and appreciation.

txrobinm
11-28-2008, 02:10 AM
my job requires me to be creative, in touch with my feelings, and ALSO be macho. No one would suspect Michelle's existence, although in this latest batch of pink fog I may have let it slip that "I'm in touch with my feminine side, you know" to a female coworker. Most of my colleagues are female, and this has been true in my previous 2 professions also. I'm not into stick-and-ball sports and enjoy "chick flick" movies.
Color coordination is better than the average guy, but not to where a GG would probably go (my 3 year old daughter was asking me why I changed my belt from black to brown, and I had to explain about matching better to my shirt).
I do 95% of the shopping (in the military style- get in, get out, a "surgical strike", if you will). I wash the clothes, but she irons them. I take care of the kids more than she does, due to scheduling (but this was the other way around for many years).

AKKaren
11-29-2008, 11:03 AM
I guess I'm pretty much a girl at heart. I love fashion, cooking, taking care of others, plants, gardening, always presenting myself as clean and groomed in drab or dressed, and I love the idea of being perceived as soft and caring.

Marjory
11-29-2008, 11:23 AM
[QUOTE=Barbie Tiratzo;1511488]...N
with it.. The decorations is a par of pumps and purple stones. Only one picture painted by myself.

When I lived by myself I had a centerpiece of light blue and white pumps with bows on my dresser in my bedroom and always a light blue slip neatly on the white bedspread. I thought it looked nice.

Intertwined
11-29-2008, 11:57 AM
I vary from one extreme to the other.

My wife says im passive, (until the right buttons are pushed):Angry3:

I hate confrontations, and do not like making the decisions.

In this day and age, I do not think that makes me one or the other.

AmandaM
11-29-2008, 12:35 PM
Pretty much fem. I have to force the masculine thing. Women seem to know something is up. I'm always friends with women at work and elsewhere, not the men. One even calls me "mister sister".

justmetoo
11-29-2008, 10:33 PM
I guess femme enough that I did have someone who doesn't know about the cd'ing ask me if I was gay ("not that there's anything wrong with that"). But not so femme that people would guess I cd (at least the few people I have come out to said they had no idea). So I would say not girly, but not total macho man either. Just me. :)

Clara
11-29-2008, 10:37 PM
I don't consider myself extremely feminine. Yes, I am a sensitive guy (I cry more than my wife, that's for sure), I do most of the cooking at home, I like art, I don't care for cars... On the other hand, I like (once in a while) going to a pub, drinking beer, I'm stricter with our daughter than my wife, I dislike romantic films and books... I think I'm neither masculine nor feminine. (I might just be me.)

darla_g
11-29-2008, 10:45 PM
the best of both worlds is what i like to think. i can be the average guy at the game while also eyeing what some women might be wearing and whether it would like nice on me.