PDA

View Full Version : While at the grocery store

Toni_Lynn
11-27-2008, 10:46 AM
Hi all

Don't know if this is the right place to type this, or if it is even proper protocal... but .. here goes.

My wife is always keen to spot other CDers at the grocery store she works at. Not for any bad reason, but rather to smile and give them a reassuring look of approval of what they (we) are doing. Anyway, I went to pick her up after work last night and she pointed out someone that she said was a crossdresser. Maybe she was, nd maybe she wasn't. (If you were in a Giant Eagle store at 10PM in Pittsburgh on 26 November -- hi there!)

Anyway -- part of this is directed to her (the CDer). You looked great. I totally admire the fact that you were out in en femme doing normal things. I loved your skirt. We both hope that you have a great thanksgiving. I apologise about the one GG that stared you down. You go girl.

The second bit here is about me ... I am filled with envy that your youngish age .. late 20s .. that you are able to live your dream. Oh how I wish that I had used my time at that age to live my dream, rather than spending it it a drunken haze. You have given me hope to live my dreams even though I am 51.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

curse within
11-27-2008, 10:54 AM
Toni,

Great story...You are living your dream and in doing so makes you young at heart.....Think of all the years you have piled on by leaving the drunkin rage behind and accepting yourself..

carolinoakland
11-27-2008, 12:43 PM
I know the taste of that envy. It almost brings me to tears at times. But you're right about one thing, at least we're on the right track now, and I won't detract from this wonderful experience by regretting the time lost. It's gone. All we're left with is hope. Carol

Melissa_Z
11-27-2008, 01:04 PM
That's a super sweet thing to do and say! I hope she is out there reading this thread!

I really like the approach of subtly providing support to fellow t*/cd'ers the way you and your wife do. If each one of us takes little bites from the apple like that ... eventually we'll have eaten to the core of the problem that is t*-phobia.

Kudos to you and your wife!

Mel.

ukxdress
11-27-2008, 01:05 PM
I know the taste of that envy. It almost brings me to tears at times. But you're right about one thing, at least we're on the right track now, and I won't detract from this wonderful experience by regretting the time lost. It's gone. All we're left with is hope. Carol

Just once in a while you can read a simple sentence, and think, my god, how true, and how brilliant at the same time.
Thanks Carol.

Coleen

Angie G
11-27-2008, 01:06 PM
It's so nice of you to hopefully let this girl know she looked good. That's sweet of you hun.:hugs:
Angie