PDA

View Full Version : Feminine ways to sit

NatalieGirl
11-27-2008, 04:58 PM
I often try to imitate GG mannerisms. Of course, sitting with legs crossed at the knees is a must when wearing a skirt or dress.

Ever notice how GGs when relaxing at home on a sofa will often take their feet completely off the floor and tuck their legs under their hips? I try to do this too but find it painful.

Do any of you tgirls do this? If not, I wonder if there is an anatomical difference that makes it difficult for men to do?

justmetoo
11-27-2008, 05:04 PM
I tuck my legs under as you say sometimes when I sit on the couch. I don't find it painful or difficult.

Eileen
11-27-2008, 05:09 PM
It is not painful for me either Natalie.

Eileen

Rachel Morley
11-27-2008, 05:12 PM
Yes I do, all the time. :) Painful? How come? Where does it hurt?

Karren H
11-27-2008, 05:24 PM
I tuck my legs under as you say sometimes when I sit on the couch. I don't find it painful or difficult.

:iagree:

I'm always sitting on one or both legs.. Otherwise I have my legs crossed at the knees.. No matter how I'm dressed.. Just the way I've always sat..

avril findlay
11-27-2008, 05:34 PM
I tuck my legs up as well. I've never uncomfortable.

Sarah Martin
11-27-2008, 05:38 PM
Natalie,

I'm a size 26! I can't get both legs under me and still fit on a chair! But I do tuck one leg under when i sit.

NatalieGirl
11-27-2008, 05:43 PM
It must be me then. LOL.

Nicki B
11-27-2008, 05:48 PM
There's a pretty obvious anatomical difference that leads to the way men and women sit?

Women's pelvis's are wider, for a start? :whistling:

Then there is wearing skirts - watch how women sit wearing trousers, particularly youngsters who've grown up wearing them?

Wendy me
11-27-2008, 05:56 PM
Natalie i think you are broken.......................

Lisa Golightly
11-27-2008, 06:04 PM
I'm double jointed... With hormonal additives... No problemo.

Babette
11-27-2008, 06:35 PM
I always sit with my legs tucked beneath me. It helps to keep my feet warm. Sure, I know that I should be wearing my socks too.

Babette

NatalieGirl
11-27-2008, 06:41 PM
Natalie i think you are broken.......................

Yeah, Wendy, I probably am. :battingeyelashes:

Sam-antha
11-27-2008, 06:43 PM
I like to be tucked up.

~Samm

tanya1976
11-28-2008, 04:02 AM
I often try to imitate GG mannerisms. Of course, sitting with legs crossed at the knees is a must when wearing a skirt or dress.

Ever notice how GGs when relaxing at home on a sofa will often take their feet completely off the floor and tuck their legs under their hips? I try to do this too but find it painful.

Do any of you tgirls do this? If not, I wonder if there is an anatomical difference that makes it difficult for men to do?

I find this quite comfortable. I also find myself walking on tip toes if I wear high heels for too long ...:o

Angel.Marie76
11-28-2008, 10:05 AM

I find this quite comfortable. I also find myself walking on tip toes if I wear high heels for too long ...:o

As far back as I can remember it seems I've had a mix of GG and GB mannerisms, one of which is I almost always find myself sitting with my legs folded under me, or just one leg, at work or otherwise. The only problem I've found is that my family suffers from poor circulation, so I'm stuck with a catch22, cold feet and legs, tucked under a warm body end up loosing blood and then go numb randomly.. doh.

Same goes for crossing my legs when I sit. For years I remember being poked fun at for sitting with my legs crossed, in drab, in my early years.. but I was comfy! *shrug*

As for tip toes/ ball of foot.. he he.. I've always found myself walking around that way anyhow.. from early youth on.. I like being light on my feet. I absolutely hate the 'thumpthump' of walking flat foot around the house. After heels for a day though I can see where my legs want to keep up the position even more..

crystal99
11-28-2008, 10:18 AM
I find it easy too, but ive always sat like that apparently. My mum was showing photos of us as kids at my sisters wedding and there was this one of me sat very girly at about age 7. I wasn't really supprised tho x

Sometimes i do get a dead leg after afew hours but im sure that happens to GG's too

Kristen Marie
11-28-2008, 10:19 AM
Try starting with just one foot/leg crossed under you. I find that my right leg is more limber and I can sit with my left leg dangling over the chair or sofa while my right leg is tucked under me. It keeps me knees/thighs together and make for a cute look.

Scotty
11-28-2008, 02:38 PM
Have always sat like a girl, that's one of the things people always comment on.

I'm not overly limber li ke being able to do splits but I sit crosslegged also.

I remember a jock type guy one time asking how I did that as he could not even bend one leg under the other....

Also sit crosslegged, just always have...never thought about it...

Maxi
11-28-2008, 03:53 PM
I'm afraid if I tried to tuck a leg under me, I would probably knock my knee out of wack, and it is painful when I do that. My knees are worn out. I have to wear knee braces and an ankle brace for anything seriously phsyical. Too many years of hard work.

Paula G
11-28-2008, 04:00 PM
I find that I can tuck my legs up if I'm leaning to one side on a pillow or on the armrest. Give that a try and see how it feels.

shannonsilk
11-28-2008, 04:05 PM
As someone with shorter legs, such as women have, I find that to reach the floor I have to slump forward a little. With one or both legs under, I get more back support and that is becoming more important.
I do have to reposition every 20-30 mins.

Leilani68
11-29-2008, 02:46 AM
Alway's have sat like a girl since birth, sorry no probs here...:battingeyelashes:

carolinewalker_2000
12-01-2008, 06:46 AM
Natalie,

I am envious of all those girls who have responded saying they have no problem sitting in a feminine fashion. Like you I find it quite uncomfortable to sit with my legs crossed and I have to concentrate to make sure I don't slip back into "male mode" and show my knickers!

prene
12-29-2008, 06:25 AM
I can not sit feminine fashion at all without great discomfort/pain.

I can't sit with my legs crossed they are too big. I have thunder thighs. This maybe fine for a feminine figure that my bottom half is a lot bigger than my top but I have a hard time crossing my legs. . . I don't.

I usually sit while dressed with my legs glued together with my hands on my lap.

If I had NatalieGirl's legs (NICE) or took hormones (thinking/planning on) I hope I could master the "Feminine ways to sit"

Andine
12-29-2008, 06:52 AM
I'm with you Natalie and Prene .... I have solid legs, and huge thighs and I can't sit cross legged as one knee does not drop over the other easilly because of the quads! I make the best of it ... Knees close together ( Ok if the tuck is done right ) and crioss the ankles, with the outer one kinked outwards in that open fashion, and paralell to the one under. Bike riders legs ... ah well ... the muscle tone looks OK!

prene
12-29-2008, 07:00 AM
I'm with you Natalie and Prene .... I have solid legs, and huge thighs and I can't sit cross legged as one knee does not drop over the other easilly because of the quads! I make the best of it ... Knees close together ( Ok if the tuck is done right ) and crioss the ankles, with the outer one kinked outwards in that open fashion, and paralell to the one under. Bike riders legs ... ah well ... the muscle tone looks OK!

Yes Andine,
"cross the ankles and knees together" is the best I can do.
Thanks Andine I thought I was alone.

Keely
12-29-2008, 08:44 AM
Crossed at the knee or tucked is no problem for me. I've sat like that for my whole life.

JoAnne Wheeler
12-29-2008, 02:14 PM
Natalie,

Try again - its not that painful - maybe you are doing it wrong. I try to always sit as a woman. I try to everything as a woman except have periods and birthing children.

I do have PMS when I don't get to dress as much as I would like.

Love,

JoAnne Wheeler

Audrey34
12-29-2008, 06:57 PM
I wish I could sit more comfortably like GGs can. I can't cross my legs and it takes some effort for me to sit with my legs tucked under me. Best I can do is sit with my knees close together or sit cross-ankled with my legs under the chair. The cross-ankled pose is a lot easier. I can't keep my knees together for long periods unless I'm wearing a tight skirt!
-Audrey

DameErrant
12-29-2008, 08:15 PM
I do Martial Arts stretching exercises to become more flexible. Sitting correctly is just one of the benefits!

Angie G
12-29-2008, 09:00 PM
I do sit like that bu not for long. It does get uncomfortable.:hugs:
Angie

leesametz
12-29-2008, 09:24 PM
for years my dad tucked one leg under his bottom when he sat at the dinner table after supper. he ended up needing arthroscopic on THAT knee...

ive got fat thighs and i cant hardly get my legs crossed LADY LIKE but after my motorcycle accident and arthroscopic, its even more difficult to cross properly. it doenst go underneath very well either...

Samantha43
12-29-2008, 09:34 PM
I have difficulty sitting like a girl. I can only cross my legs for a short time then it becomes painful. I am slender but have narrow hips.

Patty
12-29-2008, 09:42 PM
Cross legs is no problem -just tried putting a leg under(not on the computer chair) will try on the large living room chairs later.

Jilmac
12-29-2008, 10:02 PM
I find it totally relaxing to curl up in my chair with my legs tucked under my hips. The only pain for me is my arthritis when I try to straighten my legs after sitting. I also hold my legs together when I sit in the normal position.