PDA

View Full Version : Eat and Drink like a Girl or Guy?

Epi Cene
11-27-2008, 05:48 PM
So, on this national day of overeating, in the U.S, do you eat and drink like a girl or guy most of the time?

Salad or steak?

Wine or beer?

Fruit or Ice Cream?

Little or lots?

etc, etc

I try to eat more like a girl, to keep the weight down and stay healthier.

One of the upsides of being a CD.

TommiTN
11-27-2008, 05:56 PM
I too watch what and how much I eat but today isn't the day for dieting, at least for me. I pigged out on traditonal Thanksgiving fare and plenty of it. I won't need or want to eat anything else the rest of the day. The one guy thing I didn't do was lie on the sofa like a beached whale after dinner and fall asleep watching football.

avril findlay
11-27-2008, 06:19 PM
I shovel it in. Not very ladylike (Oh dear!) I know I look like an absolute pig!

DonnaLynn77
11-27-2008, 06:24 PM
Funny, I thought you were going to ask about mannerisms while eating haha! I have always been told I eat delicately, pinky out and cutting everything into tiny bites, etc. but I enjoy eating steak! Is steak a guy thing? I know lots of GGs who totally chow down when you throw a big slab of grilled goodness in front of them lol.

As to your original question, I eat a little of everything just in smaller portions than normal guys would I guess.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Donna

Sam-antha
11-27-2008, 06:27 PM
Cormorant me.

Tracii G
11-27-2008, 06:34 PM
I like a good filet mignon in girl mode too.

Tasha McIntyre
11-27-2008, 07:49 PM
Steak, bourbon, ice cream......and lots of it. :eek:

Jennie CD
11-27-2008, 07:58 PM
:D Well today was a day to pig out - so I did - will have to work it off tomorrow - but then thats that turkey day is for - pigging out....I usually watch what I eat - don't want to lose my girlish figure :D

Jennie CD :rose2:

CD Susan
11-27-2008, 08:57 PM
I restrained myself and did not over eat today. I had a bowl of easy mac and cheese for breakfast and that was it for all day. I have recently let myself go and have gone from my normal 165 lbs. up to 172 lbs. I am going to work on getting this down again. I did not celebrate Thanksgiving like many of us here did. I spent the day alone and this was just fine with me. I can't see why so many people think it is neccessary to overeat on a certain day of the year. Oh well, to each his own. I wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. I for one am very thankful for what/who I am. I could not be any more happy than I already am.

Karren H
11-27-2008, 09:47 PM
Steak Salad... if I drink at all it's a Fat Tire beer..... Ice Cream with fruit on it.... and depending on how hungry I am... little or lots.... I've see girls that can out eat and out drink me so I don't subscribe to the stereotypical girl eating plan...

Eileen
11-27-2008, 10:41 PM
I brought home a big doggie box. The portions were too much even for a guy to eat. I do love leftovers!

Eileen

Jenna1561
11-27-2008, 11:28 PM
I like steak (filet mignon) but usually eat lighter fare such as salads with a protein (chicken, shrimp, etc). I prefer wine to beer. Fruit, ice cream and sorbet, it's all good. And what girl doesn't like to curl up with some Ben & Jerry's every once in a while.

Jenna

marny
11-27-2008, 11:47 PM
you can't possibly be serious!

trannie T
11-28-2008, 12:02 AM
I've been dieting and have been actually losing weight so I usually limit my intake but one day a week I allow myself the luxury of gluttony.

Rachel Morley
11-28-2008, 01:40 AM
I don't eat any meat or dairy. I follow a low fat, low sodium, vegan diet (http://www.pcrm.org/news/archive081002.html). Does that make me girly? :)

avril findlay
11-28-2008, 04:20 AM
You're very lucky to be able to afford your vegan diet.
Vegitarian? Vegan? What's the next step up , living on air?

Marshchild
11-28-2008, 04:42 AM
Probably both. I like some kinds of salad (eg potato salad and coleslaw), but not others, and feel the same way with regards to meat. I don't actually care for steak much - I just don't like having to saw through some big slab of meat, particularly if it's still got bone and/or fat in it. As a general rule, I prefer my meat processed (or otherwise rendered more easily consumable) first. Sausages, hamburgers, anything with diced or minced meat in it - I'm fine with any of that. One interesting meat dish I've become partial to over the last few months is an Ethiopian one called kitfo, which is essentially spiced raw beef mince, eaten wrapped in pieces of injera (traditional Ethiopian sourdough bread) with one's fingers. Delicious! I'm also very fond of seafood, which I've heard is often considered quite feminine.

As for beer vs wine, well, I'll happily drink both (or any other kind of alcohol for that matter), but tend to gravitate more towards beer. It's cheaper, as well as easier to drink when out.

One girly thing I LOVE eating is chocolate, so much so that I'll happily consume a decent-sized block a day. I've often wondered if my chocolate habit is more of a masculine or feminine thing, though. While my fondness for the stuff is certainly stereotypically feminine, the complete lack of guilt I experience when I gorge myself on it is arguably more masculine.

angelfire
11-28-2008, 07:05 AM
Funny, I thought you were going to ask about mannerisms while eating haha!

I thought the same thing. And in that case, I eat in a very manly fashion. hold my utensils in a very strong & masculine way, and I eat very fast.

As far as what I eat, I don't know, I never defined certain foods as masculine or feminine (except when speaking French, as it is required). I don't eat fries so if I eat out, I always eat a salad instead. But at the same time, I like meat, so I'll get something like a steak or chicken. I generally try to eat pretty healthy, I don't eat any junkfood really, but I still overeat on pizza.

I dunno, I probably eat more like a man than a woman.

sometimes_miss
11-28-2008, 07:52 AM
OH this is too easy.

Salad or steak? Both.

Wine or beer? Both

Fruit or Ice Cream? Both

Little or lots? Try a little, if you like, eat lots.

etc, etc

Not all GG's eat like you think they do. Ask any server.

suzy
11-28-2008, 07:58 AM
Yes, of course....all of the above.... On holidays I splurge and eat whatever I want and then eat in moderation (or try to) during the rest of the time. Needless to say, my clothes are too tight during this time of the year until the new year!:sad:

izzfan
11-28-2008, 01:07 PM
I always eat like a guy, I've never really gone in for the whole dieting thing (I refuse to weigh myself on principle as I know that I would probably end up getting obsessed about it LOL!). However, this doesn't mean that I eat fast food every day etc... and my diet is probably at least mildly healthy.

Not that I would call myself "fat" but I do have a slight beer belly and always have done and I've never really seen it as much of an issue. My UK dress/skirt size is about a 14/16 which doesn't restrict my choice of clothes too much when buying stuff for my "other" wardrobe.

CharleneT
11-28-2008, 01:15 PM
I'm a foodie, so the range is too wide to ascribe it to a gender. I guess if I were a female foodie... hmmm... I eat with too must gusto for "feminine". I am trying to learn to slow down. As well, "how" I eat is changing. Example: learning to use straws in bars, keeps the lip stick on a lot longer !

My metabolism is set on high, always has been. So I need to eat a lot to stay healthy. The "thin" is a natural condition. Can't be too dainty about what I eat or I'll faint !

lynn2c
11-28-2008, 01:21 PM
I eat like a guy. Just shoveling it in. The problem is I have to change my eating habits because of stomach problems. If I eat too fast, I get sick.
So I'm slowing down and keeping my femme side in mind. It helps.

Rachel Morley
11-28-2008, 01:23 PM
You're very lucky to be able to afford your vegan diet.
Are you kidding me? - meat is so expensive these days - beans and potatoes are way cheaper! :) :2c:

suchacutie
11-28-2008, 02:30 PM
Now really... Food nor how much one eats is a gender issue. Now culture, that may be a different story.

I have dropped 30 pounds in the last few years after realizing that one can enjoy anything, just less of it. In doing this now for 2 years, my capacity to eat has greatly diminished! If I have a couple of tall glasses of water (or potassium-rich club soda) before a meal, I end up being absolutely stuffed and satiated on very little food. As a result I can eat anything I want!

I will admit that Tina is not a beer girl, but that's just her thing. When I sit at a bar I see an even mix of GGs drinking beer and mixed drinks or wine.

So, did I overeat yesterday? Sure, but only 3 pounds in two days so I should be able to knock that off quickly. Even with that, there was only so much I could eat. Becoming aware of my transsexual tendencies has definately changed many habits, actions, and understandings. I have really come to believe that understanding my transsexual nature has really helped my body and how I understand those around me, especially our spouse!

tina

anouk
11-28-2008, 03:58 PM
I'm not a vegetarian and I like many meat-based foods Still I've noticed that these days tend to limit the amounts of calories to find/keep my figures sort of girly way.

Louise C
11-28-2008, 05:20 PM
Spaghetti Bolognese ( Home made)
Wind it up and shovel it in!!!
SSSSSLLLLUURRPPPPPP!!:heehee:

serinalynn
11-28-2008, 07:22 PM
A little Honey Baked Ham, a small helping of mashed taters with some butter and beef gravy. a piece and a half of my wifes first attempt at home made apple pie. 2 pepsi's 2 glassses of iced tea and a cup of hot apple cider thats about it for my T-day dinner. I don't think I ate that much but I got til Christmas to run it off and doo it all over again for the year. and then starve til next Thanksgiving.

jo_ann
11-30-2008, 06:10 PM
funny you should ask that.. while eating this weekend, I thought to myself "If I were wearing makeup, how would I have to eat?". So often as a guy we just shovel food in, don't care if sauce gets on our lips, but obviously if your wearing lipstick you don't want to do that. You carefully place each bite inside your mouth, keeping your lips cleaner than a hospital room. I guess I do that because about how different things would be if I were really a woman.

Crystal Galadriel
11-30-2008, 10:32 PM
I've actually been TRYING to eat more, I've actually lost a little weight since starting college (thank you hypoglycemia). I haven't grown or gained any weight since I started high school, and now I'm halfway to my bachelor's! I try to eat relatively healthy foods, but more than I normally would in the hope that I can gain some weight and actually be "normal" size without becoming unhealthy.