Thread: If you could trade with your SO??

If you could trade with your SO??

What if you could for one day trade lives with your SO:

What would you learn about being the SO of a CD?
    What do you think your SO would learn about being a CD?
    Who would benefit more?
    Would it help or hinder your lives together after the experience?
    Would you ever want to do it again?

Thoughts/comments?

I am divorced twice and have no SO at the moment, but I wouldn't want to trade any day with them. Since the divorces they have both gained weight and I now have a better figure and I weigh over 200
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

no way

absolutely not

[SIZE=4]Not for me. I would be so confused about the CD in my life and what to do at work...[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Thumbs down

wouldent want to trade,i wouldent want to put up with me ha ha ha.
    just a florida girly girl...................................what in the world can make this brown eyed girl turn blue(roxette)

Trading for a day will not prove anything. It would need to be for an extended period of time to have any meaningful results. A MtF may be stuck with that worst day of menstrual cramps, missed deadline at work, a houseful of sick vomiting kids and a dog that ate the wrong thing and then left the results all over the living room floor on that brand new carpet. All this while the SO gets that perfect CD day of being dressed perfectly, going out with some T-friends, dancing and partying till the wee hours of the morning, forgetting about the SO at home with all those above referenced problems. Not much really learned that would help the CDer's cause in that scenario.

Yeah, definitely need a longer period of time switching positions! I guess that is why true open, honest communication, or a good third party intermediary is needed sometimes to explain who we are, what we are doing, what we want to do, and at the same time listen to the each other's concerns about all that.

I would like to do this like in the movie "Like Father Like Son" , the full experience with the person I love. You cant do this with out the hormones rushing thru you and all the other emotions and such. I may not like it, but I would still want to experience it. To be a girl for a day or few days and not feel people are looking at you, calling you out.

Wearing the cloths and they actually fit right off the shelf
    "Originally Posted by Anne66"
    It's store policy: whatever you're looking for, that's what they're out of. And the chances of finding it are in inverse proportion to how much you want it.

Silver Member
    I agree. One day would show and prove nothing. A few years and you might learn to appreciate some of the less attractive aspects of being a woman. I sure that at the end of any protracted period of time, you might be desperate to get back to being a guy.

I'm wondering if we're missing the point of the question. I don't think the exercise would be to see what it really feels like to be a GG, but how is our SO really feeling when they look across the couch and see their man in a dress and makeup? If we traded places for a day, would we feel her fears, her heartache for losing the person she married, would we feel her inability to concentrate on the book she's reading or the show she's watching because she can only think about the clothes and the strange turn her life has taken. And our SO would be experiencing our feelings. Would she understand better what dressing means to us. And most importantly would she finally believe without a shadow of doubt how much we loved the women across the table from us? I don't think it would take more than a day to come to a much better understanding of each other. And let me say, for the first time, that's just my .
    Wendy.

I wouldn't trade places

Wendy, I agree with the idea that it would be good to be able to be in someone else's shoes to be able to feel and experience what the other has been feeling and experiencing. However, my point is that you would need a much longer period of time to really feel that. Who is to say that the one day that is chosen would not lead to further misconceptions versus further clarity. The concept is interesting but not really applicable in the real world, in my opinion of course.

Wendy has the idea...

Wendy, you got what I meant in posing the question. Sure the scenario is impossible to have happen...but just thinking about it forces one to see that there are always two sides to every situation. We (CD's) get frustrated with "our issue(s)" but our SO must have their own "issues" as well.

Thanks for your insight.....

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    I sense a lot of responses of are you kidding me. I think it would be a great day to change and see how we actually think. Out of the first few responses I got the feeling of I could never live with myself, so does that mean that our SO are better than us.
    I would do it just to see what she thinks about, rather than seeing how I would feel about being a girl. (but that would be a plus) I think.

Silver Member
    Being able to "trade places" in our mind is called empathy. It's a wonderful trait to own and use.

Stephie

Being the SO of a Cd i would learn that i have to be more understanding of the needs of a Cd and give them more time and more money to buy things and that the relationship is all about the Cding and nothing else really matters as long as the Cd is happy .
    My SO would learn that being a Cd makes you a very nice person and every thing you do and say is right as Cd`s are well balanced caring and understanding people and they need to have it all their way (which they should).
    Oh Me Me Me would benefit more as i should.
    The only reason i would do it would be to help my life, who cares whether it is together.
    I would only want to do it again if the SO had not got the message of what Cding is all about .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

My SO is pretty accepting, so I wouldn't expect any changes on that front...

However she's always wondered what it would be like to be a man for a day, and I've always wanted to feel what it would be like to be a GG for a day, so I think we'd love a trade.
    Feel sexy because you're confident, be confident because you're sexy. -"Chained" Jane L Michaels

Well, I haven't had an SO for a very long time. But one thing I always wondered, was how painful menstrual cramps were, so I guess I would have liked to be able to trade a day as her when she was having her period. Christ, I didn't complain that much when I had kidney stones.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Gold Member
    Now I love my wife very much; but with all her health issues, I would not
    trade places with her. The poor girl takes 15 pills a day. And I would not
    wish that to anyone. And she allowes me to underdress 24/7 and dress
    fully 2-3 times a week. Mainly when there is no Nurse/Therpy person
    comming that day. Rader