Thread: interesting experiment

interesting experiment

I am a bit slow at work right now, so I tried aan experiment at lunch today.

I bought some nice womens dress trousers ($5 on clearance at Meijers) the other day. At lunch I put on my butt pads and shaper and slipped into the dress pants. I also put on my white cami and went to a drug store (I didn't have my forms with me, so no boobies also no wig or makeup)). I went into a drug store to browse a bit. I wandered around a bit, the store was prettty busy with working women (I didn't see a single guy). I noticed that they had a deal on false eyelashes. I picked up a set of long lashes and went to the register to pay. I placed them on the counter paid and left. No one even noticed a single thing, not even a slight double take.

Are people really that self absorbed?

PS: I've been working on getting the really femme look, down there, since I bought my girly jeans. I think I getting very close. dress slacks are a god send in this department

Quote Originally Posted by Juliemckay View Post
    I think the answer is yes. We take the fact that no one confronts us as acceptance or us passing. I don't think we necessarily do, but people don't want trouble so they leave us alone. They never know if you are some nut ball with a gun ready to shoot everybody. If they ignore you then they think no problems. Therefore, we get a false sense of passing when many of us don't.

When I go out, I look around to see who is looking in my direction. Most of the time people are so busy in there own lives that they don't look around to see what is going on around them.
    Michelle

I was just trying out my new slacks, and honestly, I don't think anyone noticed.

BTW, they are a very cute slack. Black with a fine pink pinstripe.

Probably you do not really "pass" - since we don't have a picture of you in that outfit, it makes it hard to give accurate opinions

In this day and time, SAs see everything - nothing shocks them - you are just another person - but if the store was not crowded and the SA or another customer in line with you, might very well comment

JoAnne Wheeler

yes I'm out all the time most people either don't care or don't notice

Central Texas Rancher

Dress slacks and blouse

In the winter here in Texas I frequently go out in public in woman's black dress slacks, a pretty white blouse and either black high heels or sandals. No wig or makeup. I find this look easier to pull off with very few if any looks from people around me. It's when I go out in a skirt, blouse and heels without a wig that gets me the most head-turning.

Banned Read only
    No, they had something to sell, and you had something to buy.

That's how commerce works. Any decent place couldn't care less if you're straight/bi/gay or "whatever".

Aspiring Member
    People are self absorbed and for the most part, don't really care.
    It would be wise to stay away from places like biker bars and the black community.
    You'd certainly be noticed there.

It is a very few people who do and most keep quiet about it. To prepare for going out fully dressed I did spend a while wearing obviously femme clothes and perfume (no make-up). Like you I was amazed at the reception - hardly any issues at all. But then thats true now I do go out fully dressed. Mind where you go and mind how you go though; safety is important.
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

"most" people don't give a crap what your doing, unless they have nothing better to do (like a troll)

People don't care what you buy unless you make big deal about it.
    There are those who think they must explain themselves when buying, for example, lingere at Victoria's Secret or Fredrick's of Hollywood.
    I've shopped, in drab, at Victoria's Secret, Leggs Hanes Bali Playtex, the Dillards hosiery department, and nobody has ever questioned me because I just treated shopping there as if it's no big deal and that I've done it 1000's of times.

In fact, earlier today, I was in drab at Claire's browsing their clearance section looking for some girly gifts to give out at my next Tri-Ess meeting. I found some nice lipstick cases on clearance so brought them up to the counter. The SA said I only had six items and that the clearance section is 10 for $10 so, I went back, looked for four more things.
    When I paid, she didn't look at me differently nor did I feel embarassed.
    After she bagged up everything, she put my receipt in the bag, smiled, and said to have a nice day.

With the economy the way it is these days, businesses are more than happy to see you spend money because they need your business.

That's my 2 cents.

Hugs!
    Last edited by joann07; 02-07-2009 at 12:43 AM.
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

Most people don't study in detail what you are wearing. Except, if you went in a skirt and high heels they might notice the contradiction... people might notice if you did it at work though because they will recognize a difference.

I think there is a threshold.. one or two fem things and you are still a guy....a couple more and you are a feminine guy...more and you are a maybe a tom boy....more and you are female...

Aspiring Member
    people today are more unconcerned what any one else looks like.

Gold Member
    Adding to everyone else's comments, sometimes it is just people being polite. I once saw a CD at my local Walmart and we were walking towards each other. I made it a point to just casually walk ahead and then once we past each other, I glanced back to be sure it was clear and then checked out her "effort".

So you never really know how many of those out of sight looks you get, but then again, who cares? If someone is being polite, then it may just be a story they remember and it certainly isn't an outing or public embarrassment which are possibly the real problems (depending where you are at in your CDing).

To go with that, my first time that I've been out dressed (was going to a meeting), I was hoping that I wouldn't have to talk to anyone, or really get close to people.

Wouldn't you know it, park the car, get out, and someone comes up and asks - "Do we have to pay to park here".

I was stunned, shocked and stressing, I do not believe that they thought I was a woman, I was dressed to the 9's, wig make up etc, but when I said I wasn't sure, they didn't bat an eyelid.

Most people won't care really, I know we've got a couple of girls that come into work, and after the first time, no-one notices them anymore.

I must admit, that after those people, I did relax a lot, and really enjoyed my evening out.

Quote Originally Posted by joann07 View Post

With the economy the way it is these days, businesses are more than happy to see you spend money because they want your business.

That's my 2 cents.

Hugs!
    Yeah really, how picky can they be about the customer base when they're trying to avoid bankruptcy??

My 2 cents?????

Hey everyone,

Huggggggggggs

My own personal experience is this.

I do not need a wig, I have very long natural blonde hair, but I have been out in guy jeans, white tee shirt, and white (cheap) women's tennis shoes many times even with a slight 5 oclock shadow mind you, with zero makeup and have had many SAs call me ma'am, as well as other customers and just regular people out on the street.

Now in my younger years I used to have guys whistle at me from behind many many times, lol, until I turned around and they saw my stach, giggles.

Now if I wear a dress or skirt and heels out I do turn heads, and yes I know cause they do not wait and look behind my back, they do the double take thing right in front of me, (I know it is my legs and butt).

Now having said all that, personally I do not think I am all that passable, my wife says I am, and that gives me confidence, but still, in my opinion, people are not that self absorbed, I think they are either being polite, or perhaps they are not real sure, and rather than stick their foot in their mouth they play it safe and keep it shut, lol.

I personally know more than a few GGs that look more manly than I do, and I know a number of guys that look pretty fem naturally.

As for what anyone may or may not think about me when I am out, shrugs, if they like what they see GREAT, if not, there are many other things around to look at, personally I could care less, as long as I am happy, and living my life my way who cares, smiles.

One last thing and I will shut my trap, lol.

I was really afraid of coming out and my neighbors finding out about everything, but honestly, my 2 best friends are still my 2 best friends, and everyone else that knows has really been great with it, if they see me dressed to the 9s they whistle and ask me if I have a hot date or something, lol, but if I am wearing chick jeans or short shorts and a top they just go on like everything is normal, but they do not go out of their way to avoid me or anything, they just kinda treat me more like a female, such things as open car doors for me and such, it really is kinda cool.

K, that is enough of the chatty Kathy thing for now.

Huggggggggggggggggggs to everyone

Have A Great Day

Samantha

High Maintenance Marlena_Sparkles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoAnne Wheeler View Post
    Probably you do not really "pass" - since we don't have a picture of you in that outfit, it makes it hard to give accurate opinions

In this day and time, SAs see everything - nothing shocks them - you are just another person - but if the store was not crowded and the SA or another customer in line with you, might very well commentJoAnne Wheeler
    Hmmmmm. Not always true. I shop at Saks all the time. Both the Chanel SA's love me. Most all the other SA's throughout the store smile and say hi. Heck even customers smile and say hi. Everyone is so nice there! I think it depends where you shop. I haven't had any concerns at Nordstroms or Lord & Taylor either. I think the upscale stores make an effort to treat their customers well. After all I am spending good $$$$ there! Now the rest of the stores are a different story. Your Walmart,target,Kohl's,Macys etc are terrible. I catch the sales assocociates staring,laughing,snickering & whispering to one another. Not fun,but that's the way they are.