Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wants vs. Needs

Banned Read only

Wants vs. Needs

I'm sorry if this has been posted a million times before, but such is the nature of today's "want it now/need it now" society

The question is simple, the response perhaps less so...

Do you crossdress because you want to, or because you need to?

Untitled
    Neither

Just because its me!!
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

A Real Softy
    Definitely a need since the age of 8 over 50 years ago.
    I was not born a woman - but I got here as fast as I could.

I'd say it's more of a want tbh, I thoroughly enjoy it and although the urges do get quite strong sometimes I am able to ignore them and wait til next time to dress up.

It starts off as a want to and if I don't get to, then it becomes a need to - or I will go nuts (my Spouse tells me I'm already there)

JoAnne Wheeler

I crossdress because I want to. I am pretty happy being male over 90% of the time. If I never get to crossdress again for the rest of my life I won't like it but I will be fine.

However, I may be saying this since I am relatively new to this hobby. As I explore more my opinion can change.
    Daliah Hermes

The answer is, Yes!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Non Nobis Domine, non Nobis, sed Nomine tua da Gloriam!"
    "Science without Religion is lame, Religion without Science is blind." Albert Einsten.
    "Champagne for our real friends, and real pain for our sham friends!" Irish American Toast.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by DameErrant View Post
    The answer is, Yes!
    That was very thoughtful. Thanks for your contribution.

Both

Sometimes i dress because i need too [bad day at work, etc]

Sometimes i dress just because i want too, i enjoy the fun of dressing and often like to try differant looks

Trust me to answer both eh Emily

it's because it's who i am. so i need to in order to survive

I want to because I need to.
    If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferpl View Post
    I want to because I need to.
    OK folks, it seems there are a lot of "players" about, and I shall try to ignore them.

For the others, who hopefully thought more deeply about the question, and can contribute something more than a quip... I'm sincerely interested in knowing your thoughts on the matter.

Untitled
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily Anderson View Post
    OK folks, it seems there are a lot of "players" about, and I shall try to ignore them.

For the others, who hopefully thought more deeply about the question, and can contribute something more than a quip... I'm sincerely interested in knowing your thoughts on the matter.
    Ok so some of the responses may be a quip but

The question is simple, the response perhaps less so...
    remember this. For some of us it is a way of life, not a want or need
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

Just an average girl Carole Cross's Avatar
    As Nigella said, for me it is a way of life since I have accepted myself as TS.
    living the dream

Desire vs Necessity

I think my title gets to the crux of the matter.

If it's "...the way you are...", I would think it's a necessity; otherwise, a desire, which I would consider not as strong an emotion, in general. Of course there are varying degrees to consider.

For me, it's a need. I can no longer consider NOT doing it, to a large degree.

Of course, I could be mistaken.
    The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.
    - Dolly Parton

I don't have a answer for you its like eating, I need to eat but I also enjoy eating.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Wild Women Never Get The Blues[/SIZE]

I dress because I want to. However, after a long no dress period, I want to and need to.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigella View Post
    Ok so some of the responses may be a quip but

remember this. For some of us it is a way of life, not a want or need
    That's just a cop out, and yet another non-answer to the question. Perhaps laziness, perhaps arrogance, perhaps a deliberately antagonistic response to a perfectly valid question... I will pass on plain stupidity. The least one could expect is a well formulated opinion.

Untitled
    That's just a cop out, and yet another non-answer to the question. Perhaps laziness, perhaps arrogance, perhaps a deliberately antagonistic response to a perfectly valid question... I will pass on plain stupidity. The least one could expect is a well formulated opinion.

I then refer you to my signature

But that is where you are wrong Emily because for Nigella, it is a way of life, and if you knew anything about her,you would know this is the truth ............ you need to make an apology to that lady, and fast
    Last edited by Sheila; 02-04-2009 at 05:33 PM.
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Quote Originally Posted by trisha59 View Post
    I don't have a answer for you its like eating, I need to eat but I also enjoy eating.
    Tee hee, not quite the same though Trisha. I know what Emily means with her question.
    I want to do lots of things, but I dont neccessarily need to. I would like to go abroad next year on my holidays but I dont need to, I can get by with a weekend away in Mablethorpe.
    If you need to do something it usually means that by not doing so you will suffer certain consequences. For example I need to bath because if I dont eventually I will stink
    So girls do you want to Dress but could you get by with not doing
    Or do you need to dress otherwise there will be consequences.
    Simple question really.
    take care
    Bev

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    But that is where you are wrong Emily because for Nigella, it is a way of life, and if you knew anything about her,you would know this is the truth ............ you need to make an apology to that lady, and fast
    I'm not really in the habit of making public apologies, especially when instigated by third parties. I would prefer to think that anyone who has an opinion contrary to mine also has the ability to express their own opinion on the matter. I'm also not very fond of responding personally in public threads, especially when I'm the OP. Thus, I will back off now, and let everyone have a ball with the original question...

PM me if you want to have a personal gripe.

I'm not really in the habit of making public apologies, especially when instigated by third parties. I would prefer to think that anyone who has an opinion contrary to mine also has the ability to express their own opinion on the matter. I'm also not very fond of responding personally in public threads, especially when I'm the OP. Thus, I will back off now, and let everyone have a ball with the original question...

PM me if you want to have a personal gripe.
    Having read a few of your posts i can believe that, got to hot in the kitchen did it ? and I did not ask for a public apology ...perhaps you should read the quote you used.

As for Nigella I stand behind every word, It is a way of life for her, neither a want nor need , but a way of life ........... or is that to difficult for you to understand ?
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

I think that there is both a need & a desire involved. Sometimes the need is at the forefront & at those times there really isn't any option involved - nature calls & must be answered. At other times the need is still there but is more in the background, at those times it's more a matter of dressing out of desire, but the need is still somewhere in the mix. I'm new to crossdressing but this is the way it is for me.

That was very thoughtful. Thanks for your contribution.

My answer was quite serious. I both want and need to, and it's hard sometimes to tell where one ends and the other begins. When I am experiencing it, both combine to become one experience. Both wants and needs are satisfied. And the rest of my life moves more smoothly and becomes better integrated. I become both happier and more whole.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Non Nobis Domine, non Nobis, sed Nomine tua da Gloriam!"
    "Science without Religion is lame, Religion without Science is blind." Albert Einsten.
    "Champagne for our real friends, and real pain for our sham friends!" Irish American Toast.