Thread: Am I crazy or~is something different

CD Lifer and a Visual Kei Shinya's Avatar
    Last edited by Shinya; 09-18-2005 at 07:55 PM.

Departed
    Good to see you back, Shinya!

Okay, I don't fit in that younger category but...

I think the Internet has been a huge boost to educating outsiders and giving young CDs the courage to come out.

I remember being a sophomore in high school and reading in Time Magazine an article about transvestites. It was the first time I had ever heard of that word and the first time I had read anything about crossdressing (although that term wasn't used then).

With the advent of the Internet and the computer being so common in homes (it's almost a must for some homework assignments), kids can get information without having to divulge their 'secret'.

As for what compels younger CDs to dress I'd have to guess it's the same for them as it was for us. They are just more educated about it and probably less inhibited because they know there's millions out there who are the same as them. That's a feeling I never had when I was young.

Wanna be a girl. Ibuki_Warpetal's Avatar
    I don't think my reasons are even remotely related to the majority of this board.

But, I was just like this as far back as I can remember. I still do it for the same reason any kid wants to be any particular thing or have any certain career.
    Don't really know, you just want to do it.

As far as acceptance is concerned, I really don't think it's the generation.

My gramma's best friend, who is like my god mother whom I love very much, is of somewhat masculine stature and has been semi-cross dressing for years, always wearing pants, sneakers, sweaters with wide shoulders, drinking beer daily... er, that's different
    but my point is I think it has more to do with the conditioning of the individual.

I will never discriminate another person for any reason unless the are just really really stupid.
    That's how I was raised.
    My parents don't judge people, my parents parents don't judge people.
    Unless they are extremely stupid.
    Or @$$holes.
    Or deserve to die.

But yeah, mentality and conditioning and all that.
    People don't have to catch up with the times, the times have to catch up with us (:
    The last name is Warpetal.
    That should have been your first clue.
    No regrets.
    WHEN YOU FIGHT YOU CAN LOSE
    BUT WHEN YOU GIVE UP YOU'VE ALREADY LOST.

uhhm, crossdressing is just there.
    at 26, I know it isn't going anywhere either. I could say that it was an attampt by my child subcounsious to recreate my mother, but I don't think it is true. As a student of history, I have relished in the discovery of documented crossdressing in Rome, and even in early germanic tribes.
    anyway, I think media has eased some of the pain about comming out, and maybe things are easier.

lol
    orchard

I do what I say on my tin

mine aren't!!!

I'm sad to say that although I want desparately to tell my parents that I'm a CDer I cannot. I've been visiting for over two weeks now and all I hear when Big Brother is on is "look at that queer", "what a puff", whatever do they look like"... and other much worse. In fact any show where there is same sex kissing produces this result. I'm becoming more and more feminine and my mind is going to explode. My fiancee can't handle too much at one time either. I'm really not strong enough to handle all this crap... death would be a blessing right now.

But the point about the internet is a good one... notably my parents don't have it (I'm on a temporary dial-up connection)... and are accordingly pretty ingnorant and insecure. Grrrrrrrrr.:mad: My life sucks.

Oh the reason that I CD is that it just feels natural to me... just like pushing my balls into my body makes me feel better. I don't know why but I've not been able to get it out of my head since I was 5. I would have killed to wear a girl's uniform at school.
    Last edited by Man in tights; 06-17-2005 at 06:26 AM.

Tristen Cox
    I think it is more of a shift in these girls wanting to come out to their parents. Although some instances do not go as well as others. We all want to be free.

StephanieCD
    The Internet is shredding the curtains of denial so many generations have hidden behind. In a world where 10 year old (and younger) children understand homosexuality and any kid with a mouth can be exposed to the oddities of the world - it's nice to think that the parents of this generation are more prepared for "anything".

I'm a father of a 5 year old.. I hope her world is better than mine.