Thread: Hindrances to crossdressing

Banned Read only

Hindrances to crossdressing

For many of us, crossdressing is "simply" a choice of wearing female clothing versus male clothing. But for some of us, there are other factors - beyond our control - which also come into play.

For example, I suffer from a very rare skin disease which prevents me from wearing any tight fitting clothing, especially certain man-made fabrics or elasticated items, which quickly cause chafing and inflammation.

I can well imagine that aside from my own affliction, there must be many other crossdressers out there who - for whatever reason - are hindered in their enjoyment of crossdressing due to disease, illness, or other "conditions".

Anyone?

Does marriage count as an affliction?
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Does marriage count as an affliction?
    It does for some of us Karren

Hindrances To Crossdressing that I have known:

1) Number one has to be the Spouse
    2) Number two has to be my job
    3) Number three has to be my social activities [singing tenor in a church choir and being involved in church activities]
    4) Number four has to be my work chores around my yard - I mow a lot of grass [30+ acres] and 20 acres of woods with trails
    5) Number five is that sometimes, I'm just too tired to dress up

JoAnne Wheeler

Being self empolyed I can pretty much set my own schedule. Can't count the number of times I've decided to spend a day "dressed up" and have set aside a day for this. Can you believe the nerve of some people? just as I'm applying the last of the makeup the phone rings with a request for a service call,.... TODAY, ... right now would be better.
    Do these customers have some sort of radar?

Customers do come first, need the money to be able to buy more stuff, but geez louise do they have to call when I want to play?
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Living at home with parents and powerlifting for5 years my body is to big to look passable

we strive for perfection tall sam's Avatar
    In and around the UK - no commiting here!
    try being 6'6" and fairly well built!
    I can get myself looking pretty good but I would just love to go out some evenings and just kind of fit in! Not a hope in hell passing let alone blending in which really makes it hard trying to be totally feminine - even just for a few hours!

that is so funny karren

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

hindrences: positive and negative.

Living in both genders has clear hindrences:

1) broad shoulders...everything I wear has to have a V front, or a turtle neck that allows me a necklace to generate a V front to give the illusion of a narrower body top.

2) biceps...ok, I'm not weak. I have biceps built from a chain saw, 12+ cords of wood cut per year, and general outside activity. No tight-armed tops and certainly no short sleeves!!! boo

3) I'm a size 18 on top and 8-10 on the bottom. Forget slinky dresses and such without massive modification .

4) Size 12 women's shoes (11 for open toed and clogs usually). This just limits what you can buy since many women's lines stop at 10 or 11.

5) Work and stress. I want Tina to enjoy herself, so when life is stressful, he needs to handle that. Also, Tina is a high-maintenance girl, so needs enough time for nails, etc. A couple hours at night just doesn't do it.

Negative hindrence (positives!):

1) My nails are currently weak from a skin fungus so its great to NEED matte finish nail polish!

2) In the last 10 years I have gained massive eyebrows after having almost nothing all my life (even my under-eye eyelashes are starting to turn black for the first time ever!!!! neat!). If I didn't deal with them I'd have an inch-wide unibrow!!! no lie. So of course I shape my eyebrows

3) weight control. Tina would be unhappy if he gains weight when he's using our body, so he's very nicely losing a pound or so every month...slowly dropping!

4) He takes great care of our skin and even HE looks better!

------

So, it's a mix!

Tina

My hindrances are a bit different, however

I'm sure there are others who might share my challenges.

I'm 5'6" and 133 lbs. I wear a size 2-4 dress and 8 shoe. When fully transformed, I stay myself for days at a time.

I fully pass in public and have since the very first time six months ago I ventured out as me.

My hindrances are that I find it EXTREMELY difficult transitioning back. It's causes me a great deal of emotional turmoil at times. I know I'm transgendered, but the woman inside me is growing so strong that once I arrive, I don't wish to leave and when I must leave and allow "him" be back in control, it takes sometimes days before "he" feels like himself again.

I love being me. So much so that sometimes, the very idea of transitioning creates inner turmoil as I know it will all end at some point.

I'm not a transexual. I have no wish to have SRS, but gawd when I transition, everything changes.

The changes are what make it hard for me. I hope as time goes by, I find some level of balance

Well, I don't really have any physical conditions that prohibit me from enjoying my crossdressing. I do have some peripheral conditions that keep me from enjoying it to its fullest, though. One of these, bless her heart, is my wife. This is something she just has a very difficult time wrapping her mind around. She is very traditional and a little old fashioned. Frankly, I like that about her. But it's a hinderance to the whole feminine experience. And in deference to her, I do not shave my legs. Either it's that, or I'm just plain scared to do it and live through the ramifications of such an action. It would force an issue to the forefront that we have so far kept in a place that is livable for both of us. I imagine I'm the one who pushes that envelope, not her. So far, I only thin out the hair on my legs so that it's less noticable, and double up on the pantyhose to cover it up.

So those things keep me in check a bit.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Quote Originally Posted by Emily Anderson View Post
    For many of us, crossdressing is "simply" a choice of wearing female clothing versus male clothing.
    Is it 'simply' a choice for you?

I can well imagine that aside from my own affliction, there must be many other crossdressers out there who - for whatever reason - are hindered in their enjoyment of crossdressing due to disease, illness, or other "conditions".
    Lots of girls try to hide their tattoos.
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Made of Sugar & Spice Kathleen Grace's Avatar
    I have cerebral palsy and walk with crutches. This means no high heels. Also, long nails are out because they would dig into my palms when gripping my crutches. Oh, I'm probably more recognizable as well. I need to trade my usual black cruthes for a pink or lavender pair one day to throw the locals off.
    Last edited by Kathleen Grace; 02-06-2009 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Added something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you crossed Richard Gere with a little bit of Julie Andrews and a whole lot of Carol Burnett, that would probably be me.

Smoking those damn cigars while en femme. I finally quit but then again, I'm not CDing now either. Go figure!
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I have similar issues with being out with my wife, who is an open-mided old fashioned girl. The first time she realized I shaved my legs didn't go well at all, but I think she's come to just accept it.

BTW--you look great in that sweater!
    Malori

So what's the problem? Just stay Tonya. Of course, you have to come out to your employer, or get a new job...

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

There were days when I new I would have the house to myself, to do what I want. I would finish showering, shaving and applying a nice warm body lotion. Feeling all warm and fuzzy and wham, the phone would ring. Some body has a problem, and that's it. No more warm and fuzzy feeling.

1. Family and Friends popping over.

2. Energy
    Cary

I am in the process

of getting rid of hindrances. They are becoming less and less everyday. If I keep it up, I may end up fully out one day. What a scary thought.

I do have a lot of fuzzy hair that grows on the back and side of my neck. I gave up on shaving this, so now it shows when I put my hair up in a high ponytail. I love high ponytails. They make me feel so feminine. I feel my hair bouncing. But when I look in the mirror and actually see what is out there, I cringe. One day, I will have it lasered off. Until then, I will try and ignore that it is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen Grace View Post
    I have cerebral palsy and walk with crutches. This means no high heels. Also, long nails are out because they would dig into my palms when gripping my crutches. Oh, I'm probably more recognizable as well. I need to trade my usual black cruthes for a pink or lavender pair one day to throw the locals off.

Kathleen, thanks for posting this. You are obviously not feeling too sorry for yourself and are getting on with it, although I am sure it can be very hard. To think we let all these trivial things get in our way. Hip Hip Hooray for you. We can all look up to you.
    Love,

Michelia

"Genius is the recovery of childhood at will." Rimbaud

Hindrances to crossdressing

Ladies, The biggest hinderance to my cross dressing is since Sept 2004 I have Renal failure and have been on dialysis since Dec of that year. I still get out on occasion but not as much as I used to. Have to wear a lot of long sleeve blouses due to access on my left arm. I'm still out there and still work just not as much. Hope to get out more in the future
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only
    Jolan Tru,

My biggest hindrances are:

1. Still living with parent (yes, there is only one).
    2. The lack of money and time.
    3. Being trapped in the wrong body.
    4. Inability to share my female side with anyone in real world.

It'll seem like things never will get easier for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Emily Anderson View Post
    For many of us, crossdressing is "simply" a choice of wearing female clothing versus male clothing. But for some of us, there are other factors - beyond our control - which also come into play.

For example, I suffer from a very rare skin disease which prevents me from wearing any tight fitting clothing, especially certain man-made fabrics or elasticated items, which quickly cause chafing and inflammation.

Anyone?
    Society.

I sprained my right ankle real bad a couple of years ago, and thought it heeled OK.

Had a stroke last year, weaking my right side. Now that ankle is too weak to supoort wearing heels.
    DonnaT

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaT View Post
    I sprained my right ankle real bad a couple of years ago, and thought it heeled OK.

Had a stroke last year, weaking my right side. Now that ankle is too weak to supoort wearing heels.
    OMG I am sorry!!

I got IOD--Hurt at work--Like real bad---Then got --Well it probably came out from the stress to the body a very very bad sickness----That is a huge hindrance to dressing.

I dressed once in 1 year--I just can't do it.....So by some faith healer, I am healed,

OK it really sucks but that is life. It could always be worse. But I learned to enjoy it some thru you girls with GREAT ATTITUDES. It helps me much. JILL KAREN there are others that bring me THAT JOY.

Donna you have my prayers. If you aint into prayer--You have my warm thoughts. I am so sorry