Thread: Robyn's (miss)adventure!

Robyn's (miss)adventure!

I was traveling on biz this past week in St. Pete, FL and Houston. So, being in a hotel room all alone and a different city, I took the opportunity to make myself up and try on some new clothes and was resolved to make my first public appearance.

So, on Wednesday night in St. Pete, I tried on a bunch of new stuff (pictures soon to appear in my album, assuming they pass the moderator). And I was feeling really, really pretty. Every time I dress I feel more and more transformed. That is to say, when I'm dressed, there is no doubt in my mind, I am Robyn. But more on that for another thread, another time.

So anyway, I was also feeling very bold. I felt I was ready to venture out into the world. So I did. The hotel I was in was a "suites" hotel and I was at the end of the hall right by the back exit. Cool. I could slip in and out of the hotel without going through the lobby. So, I packed a few things in a clutch -- my cell phone, room key, some cash and my ATM card as well as some makeup in case I needed to make adjustments -- and then headed out into the world. I was targeting two potential CD friendly bars that I had heard about.

I have to say, it felt very liberating walking out of my room, down the stairs, out the door and into my rental car by the back door. I figured out how to get into a car in a mini skirt and then learned to manage the gas pedal and brake while wearing heels. After a short while I pulled up to a light and nearly panicked when a cop car pulled up next to me. I hadn't done anything wrong, but I certainly didn't want to be pulled over now! LOL

And then it hit me, that I hadn't brought my drivers license with me. So, the light turned green and I paused to let the cop go first. Phew. So, I get to the first bar and it is empty. I guess between it being Wednesday night and in the 30's - yes, temperature in the 30's in FL - everyone stayed home. So, I didn't get out and drove to the next place. Same thing here. Pretty empty. So, I chickened out. I really didn't want to go into an empty place -- CD friendly or not -- and stand out. So, I turned the car around and headed back to the hotel. Naturally, on the way back, I pull up to a light, right next to another cop. So I had another slight panic attack and made my turn on red, praying that I hadn't missed a no turn on red sign!!

Finally, I was safely back in the hotel parking lot. I swung my legs out of the car and headed to the back door to slip back upstairs to my room unnoticed. I took my key out of my little bag and put it in the card reader and... nothing. So I try again... nothing. I make sure I'm putting it in right and again... nothing. Shit. I had it in my bag next to my cell phone. I had erased it. Now what do I do?

I get back into the car and briefly consider changing into a pair of pants and shirt I brought in case of emergency but then realize, I'd still have all the make-up, etc. so, what the hell. So I get out of the car and walk around to the front lobby. By now, it was late enough that the front door was locked too, so I pick up the phone and ask the front desk to please let me in as my key was not working. You should have seen the look on the guy's face when he saw me, because the voice on the phone certainly didn't match what he was seeing! So, he let's me in and I explain my predicament including the fact that I don't have a picture ID with me, only my ATM card.

So, he says to me, well, I will come up with you and let you in so you can show me your ID, this way you don't have to come back down like this. Love that, huh?!?

So, I went out to make my first appearance and though I chickened out and decided I would postpone my first appearance, fate had a different idea!

On the second night of my trip in Houston, though I still dressed up, but I decided to stay in except for a trip down the hall to the vending machines.

I'm going to be back in St. Pete for a couple of nights at the end of the month, so will try again to have a more positive public appearance then.

Any comments by the hotel clerk when you got to your room and showed your drivers license ?

JoAnne Wheeler

Hi Robyn
    I was in St Petes a couple of weeks ago ,and the biggest problem is all
    the women are wearing shorts and t shirts I only saw one skirt I think
    she was a real estate sale person ,

Aspiring Member
    When you go back to St. Pete are you planning to go back to the same hotel?

Quote Originally Posted by nvlady View Post
    When you go back to St. Pete are you planning to go back to the same hotel?
    That's very funny. i hadn't thought about that. I guess I might as well... the night clerk knows me now! ;-)
    Last edited by Robyn7778; 02-08-2009 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoAnne Wheeler View Post
    Any comments by the hotel clerk when you got to your room and showed your drivers license ?

JoAnne Wheeler
    No, he had already made his little dig downstairs about not making come back down "like this."

Cute story

Robyn, I loved your cute story about going out fem! It can be so exciting, and so scary! Only another gurl can relate,

Huggs, Donna

Well you were right about the pics. Very pretty. I bet you'll be turning a lot of heads the next time you go out.

Hotels

Last year i went to Jersey for a business meeting and got lost. Dam I hate (those no left turns) and this was my first time really out and about the trip there was really fun stopped at every reststop just to go to the womens room (Wink) had no looks at all. but it was still a rush! So after a six hour drive and an hour being lost. I swallowed my male pride of not being lost and asked for directions. Got a strange look from them but told me where to go. Looked in the mirror and my wig was all aschew the head lost in a strange place does that, and i really had to pee finnaly i found it looked in the rearview and new I looked like a guy. F**k it I told myself. Really had to pee so in i go to check in purse and all, they were very nice but needed ID since it was in my male name. I told them I need a bathroom right now they said the womens are on the right down the hall. Ok so off i go for some much needed relief. Look in the mirror and no way do I pass so out to the truck to get my wallet and ID. The card was already there waiting for me. I'm sure they had a chuckle out of it but they were very nice.

Get to my room going wow what a day! Drink a couple of beers and figured what the hell they had fun with me. So I changed every thing wig makeup and clothes and shoes, (a little ****ty) out one door and around to the lobby. No recogniontion at all so a good time and I haven't looked back after that. Darla

WOW!! It sounds like you had quite the adventure.

I had an instance like that one time. I went to Richmond on a Friday evening when I was going to a barbeque on Saturday there. I checked into my room at Motel 6 and dressed (this was part of my reason for going a day early). I remembered that I left something in the car, so I headed out to get it. Everything fine and smooth and then the room wouldn't unlock. I tried the key card a few times and both directions and nothing!! My thought was that maybe it was just having an issue and that if I went to the store (which I needed to do anyway) and came back, it would be fine. Unfortunately it wasn't. Off I go to the front desk, where there is a line of about 6 people. I waited patiently and explained what had happened. They called a locksmith and I had to wait outside of the door for them. Keep in mind, my room was facing the main road and the parking lot entrance!

There happened to be several guys outside whom started cat-calling at me, which to a certain degree was flattering. Obviously I wasn't much in the mood to hear it, although I was standing there in a VERY short skirt, high heels and a top that showed off the nice forms that I had in (I was looking pretty good that day). Finally after about 2 hours, I was let in the room. About an hour after that, I get a knock on the door- it was one of the guys from outside. He told me that he knew I was a crossdresser, but he found me very attractive and he had just gotten to the hotel with his friends. After talking, he was going to go to his room, shower, and come back in an hour. I got all ready and the hour passed and nothing. About 3 hours later as I was going to sleep, the phone rang- I answered it and told him that it was too late and that I had already changed and all.

It could've had a really fun turn-out if only he had come back...

Next time your in town Robyn, let Joann or myself know about it. We will try to get you fixed up with a night out.

Wednesday's are usually lousy, no matter where you go. I'll assume you went to Pepper's or over to Partner's. Try for Friday or Saturday Night. We might even get you in as a guest at our next Group Meeting, on the 21st. You will meet lots of Gurl's!

Peace and Love, Joanie

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn7778 View Post
    That's very funny. i hadn't thought about that. I guess I might as well... the night clerk knows me now! ;-)
    Robyn,
    Just work on ur femme voice. ur very passable

Ha-ha so you were outed by bad luck. As you say people know you now and it doesn't sound too bad all. Sometimes quiet bars are best because you can get talking to people. Have a great next time Robym, your nearly there!
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Robyn, thanks for the fun read! Well i do feel your pain. But have to say by your pics you are a lovely lady, dont let your misadventure keep u from stepping out!