Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are there CD's out there who workout?

Are there CD's out there who workout?

I don't mean aerobics or yoga I mean with weights or bowflex or some kind of resistance training. I am certainly not some Arnold Schwarzenegger type but I have what I think is a pretty good male body for a 40 something. I've always enjoyed working out and don't believe its some over compensation, I like the way it makes my body look and how I feel after an intense session. It does help with keeping my weight down( I am 5'6'' easily wear a size 6 skirt and some 4's, tops usually 16 to XL ). The only issue is I never wear anything sleeveless due to my arms. And I can't find a dress that fits right due to broad shoulders and narrow waist. I wear a 38 A padded bra which gives me just enough coverage to off set my chest without looking to big. For me this is a compromise I can live with. I'm not passable nor do I care, I am completely happy with my look. For me dressing is about tapping into my fem side which I repressed for so many years for all the same reasons many of you did. So are there any others out there like myself who love to workout and how does this hobby affect your dressing? Or have you stopped resistance training because of your CDing, and do you miss it?

Thanks

Looking like a female professional wrestler here...

I hear you, I am 6'0" 200 pounds and would only be passable at the Ms. Olympia competition. I describe myself as an awkwardly shaped woman, it's exceptionally difficult to find anything with sleeves or a dress for that matter given my hips to shoulder ratio. However I am not giving up my workout routine nor am I giving up dressing. Part of the fun is shopping and so I get all of the fun of shopping without feeling compelled to buy new things since it is so rare I find anything that works.

However, when I do find something I get it in a hearbeat. Such is life.

B

I have been working out for years and don't intend on stopping. I am 60 yo and feel and look 40'ish due in part to staying fit, I also have been doing martial arts for 14yrs. I am 5' 7" and 155# and I also cannot wear tops without sleeves and need to buy large or XLG to hide the shoulders. I have never been asked when enfemme about my size but if I were to be asked or if a comment were to be made I am ready to tell them I am into body building. If you look at the GG's who do they can have a male like body and I would suspect are mistaken for a CD at times, I pity the poor fellas who say something derogatory to them. Skirts are sized 8-10 and because of the developed legs I usually wear knee length or longer when in public. Jeans do pretty well to hide the legs so I wear them often. As they say you are not alone.

I'm a little fat and not in great shape, but I do some minimal stretching, calisthenics and rowing (just enough so that I don't hurt myself in normal daily activities), only about 10 minutes or so a day, but I think it makes a big difference. Dad taught me that much. Working on the cars and bike it helps to have a good grip, so I keep a pair of wood clamps in the living room to squeeze while watching tv, and a pair in the car to squeeze at stoplights. Wasted time otherwise, and the up side is that I can rip apart pretty much anything, and twist wrenches in tight areas.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Life long exerciser

I'm a long-time runner, cyclist and soccer player. I'm lucky in that my thighs and butt are well developed (but see my post about Underworks panties too) and my chest and arms are not. The added bonus is that shaving my legs is for "cycling" thus none in my family think twice about it.

Michelle

been doing combat sports for 4 years almost

I get a great feeling of balance from working out,it improves my overall outlook and helps me to get enough sleep(my trouble area).Bulking up isn't a problem if I remember to emphasize the core exercises ,always focusing on the waist with a lot of ab work.I feel working out for tone is key,not bulk,so I go for an even balance of core work,cardio from biking and running and a high fiber plant structured diet.

5 pound dumb bells!! How's that for weights... I was never into weights though I do have a universal gym.. But if I bulked up I'd have to change my name to Olga join the East German female weight lifters where ever they are now!! Lol

I figure playing ice hockey a couple times a week keeps my girlish figure in tact and I get to take out any pent up agression by slamming someone into the boards!! Yeah!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Yes, and I'm caught in the middle! In the world I live in, guys are expected to be muscular & tough, so I have to lift, do push-ups etc. to fit in-BUT-in my dream world, I am slender & feminine, so I run & do sit-ups every day to slenderize. Talk about a split personality... BTW, Laura-you are NOT 60-unless that's an "assumed" photo! Paige Philips

i go by this rule...

"Whenever I get the urge to exercise, I lie down until the feeling passes away" - Robert M. Hutchins

I've been working out for years and the other day a woman my age (59) guessed my age at 49. It's all thanks to my training. I strength train and swim and ride a road bike. Exercising adds life to your years!
    Dana Fleming

Professional Socialite
    I work out my mouse hand! :> thousands of reps, finger clicks :>
    To Thine Own Self Be True - Hamlet and Reba :>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I stay away

From gyms, saunas, sports in general. I do not like them much. I do dance and aerobic videos. I used to be pretty muscular, but it was all due to hard work.
    Love,

Michelia

"Genius is the recovery of childhood at will." Rimbaud

I use to use weights all the time for many years but could never understand why i never got big and muscular until someone told me that females can`t put on muscles, that made it worth all that pain and no gain .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

I go to the gym 3 times a week. Each session is 36 minutes cardio (6 lots of 6 minutes on the stepper) and 6 lots of weights, usually as much as I can lift. I'm not aiming to be like Arnie though so I am going to cap the weights at a sensible level and just use them to stay in shape. I also attend a kick boxing class which is great fun.

Amelia xxx

I workout 4 days a week.

Mondays: 1 hour kick boxing followed by 1 hour advanced step aerobics.
    Wednesdays: 1 hour lifting weights followed by 1 hour advanced step aerobics.
    Thursdays: 30 min on ellipcitc machine. I hate doing cardio on machines. It is so boring.
    Saturdays: 1 hour lifting weights followed by 75 minutes advanced aerobics.

Each workout is completed with about 300 ab crunches and streching. Probably not a perfect program. I have shapely (but not feminie) butt and legs. I am 6'1" around 183lbs, trying to bring my weight down to about 175lbs so I look better in lingerie.
    Daliah Hermes

I have never stopped working out, run 3 miles daily, sit ups, crunches, push ups, lifting weights ect..... It keeps my girlish figure in check and is good for me. Still trying to lose 10 lbs though...never satisfied.

PVC Crazy Member iwearstockings's Avatar
    I work out with free wieghts at home. I am pretty careful what I eat and my S/O is realy into organic food etc so we eat quite healthily. I am torn between wanting really big muscles and not wanting to outgrow my collection of girly fetish clothes. I aim for a slim waist and work on my shoulders and arms mainly. I have a pretty good body considering i am 40 in april :^)
    People should work out even just a little, it's good for the soul :^)
    Peace through superior dress sense..

I got back into the gym, my basement lol, about 18 months ago when I realized that the nice clothes for the most part were size 16 misses and under. Since then I've gone from the 260's to the 190's and I'm not finished yet. I concentrate on my core, abbs, glutes, stuff like that. I warmup on the treadmill then do bodyweight or lightweight high intensity training. All freeweights, dumbbels and kettlebels for less than 30 minutes. Everyone should look into kettlebells they are great and made a big difference for me. Just Google kettlebells and check it out, lots of sites. No big muscles just slim 6-pack abbs, I'm about half way there.
    KIM
    May everyone you love-love you
    Kimberly Ann
    www.flickr.com/photos/kimmie487

Quote Originally Posted by insearchofme View Post
    I've been working out for years and the other day a woman my age (59) guessed my age at 49. It's all thanks to my training. I strength train and swim and ride a road bike. Exercising adds life to your years!
    You and Dick LeBeau must subscribe to the same exersize plan, Dana!! No friggin way he looks 70!! Wonder what face llotion he uses? What do you use? Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

When I started working where I am now, I lost about 20 pounds in less than two months. Not that I had a lot to lose because I was around 167 or so at 5-10. Lifting heavy boxes all day long and putting them on shelves and walking back and forth and back and forth is all I need now.
    I dropped down to a size 8 skirt (some are even a little loose) and trimmed up top, too, but my upper arms and shoulders are too well defined now. I guess I can't have everything.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Hi

I relied on this web site www.reneereyes.com/Webdocs/tipsexerc.html for my femme or rather "unisex" body, i was able to achieve all i wanted to achieve when it comes to body shape.
    Its not easy having to be a guy in the morning then a woman in the evening only CDs can do that and to achieve that one needs an extra special body i call it the "unisex " body which is ideal for a "half-man-half-woman" specie like us.
    It looks as if u are experiencing the pain of having broad shoulders as a lady.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I am 76 and most people guess my age at at early 60's. I work out at the local YMCA seven (7) days a week. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday are weight training days and the other four days are for cardio. I am 5' 10" and weigh 170 which is a little too high. Exercise does keep you young, IMHO!!

Had shoulder replacement surgery (plus rotator cuff repair) 4 months ago so am limited as to what I can do. In addition to the Y workouts, I go to physical therapy twice a week for my shoulder. Kind of wish I could go back to work! Nah, forget that!!!
    Last edited by sissystephanie; 02-10-2009 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Added information!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Aspiring Member Christina Nicole's Avatar
    I don't work out. I'm passable the way I am even with sleeveless tops, wear a size 8 or 10 depending on the cut. My weight and frame are just right for an average woman, or a small framed male of my height. Good enough! Exercise would just ruin a good thing. I look about 10 years younger than my actual age, so I don't see any advantage to exercise.

Warm regards,
    Christina Nicole
    Sooner or later we all discover that the important moments in life are not the advertised ones, not the birthdays, the graduations, the weddings, not the great goals achieved. The real milestones are less prepossessing. They come to the door of memory unannounced, stray dogs that amble in, sniff around a bit and simply never leave. Our lives are measured by these.
    --Susan B. Anthony

I exercise about two hours daily. HATE the experience of exercising, but enjoy the benefits - from looking better to maintaining good health and aging gracefully.

I have the same problem with my upper body. Although I shave my arms (everything from the neck down, really), I am very limited in what kind of tops I can wear. I don't have huge man arms - they're well toned and noticeably muscular, but not really bulky. In femme mode however, my arms look terrible. I won't allow my picture to be taken en femme without my arms properly covered or camouflaged somehow. I try really hard to look as feminine as possible and passable... but I'm a long way from passable from the waist up (not just because of my arms).

Because I have to live and work as a man, it is in my best interest to maintain my well toned upper-body physique. It does look good on me in man-mode and I'm glad it's there should I ever find myself in harm's way.

I honestly wish I could stop though. I'd love to look more feminine. I don't need my upper-body work out to maintain my weight or size - the miles I do daily on the treadmill burn off calories very well.

My life is very restricting though. For reasons of survival (and partly because my wife likes my manly appearance with muscles), I can't allow my arms to become a more feminine size.

Change the world around us to be less dangerous (or at least where I live) and be cd-friendly and so that my wife doesn't think I look unattractive as a man with a smaller upper-body, and I'd stop in a heartbeat and simply maintain a toning exercise rather than one that builds bulk.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife