Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Far do you go in drab.?

How Far do you go in drab.?

I wear panties, padded bra, size 11 girls jeans and girls sweaters or T's 24/7.
    I get pedicures and get my toenails paintedbright red or pink. I have had ayrlic nails for the past 6 months , last time I get them gelled and they stay very shiny until my next visit, every two weeks. I also have my eyebrows waxed every two weeks, very thin and arched. When I walk I always wear leggings, I wear light makeup all the the time whe I am in drab, eyebrow pencil, light foundation, eye shadow, lipstick, girls perfume. I always wear a pink ladies baseball cap ad in the winter I wear womens zip ankle boots. I get my jeans at Rue 21, or Peneys ad they are very tight. I can tell when I am out shopping when other girls otice my jeans. Oh, I forgot I also wear a waist cincer ad a padded but. Maidenform has a new padded butt that is great. I love to shop, and many of the stores I go to kow I am transgenered, sice I uy so many girls stuff. My wife understands nd allows me, she does not really like the make-up or the padded butt,.

How far do you girls go in drab

So why call it "DRAB?"

Seems you don't have a single guy element in your attire or appearance. In fact from your description, you have more feminine touches than many GGs do.

I feel that I'm lucky to be able to wear ladies turtlenecks, a scrunchie, longish nails, and "ladies labeled" but rather unisex appearing shoes.

What Catlin Rose said!

You have so far pushed past the boundary of what is considered drab, that it does not resemble that at all. You go girl! I consider mens slacks with panties underneath drab, I think of maybe wearing that with a cami underneath and a pair of trouser socks as drab. What you are able to get away with is a deal breaker in my house. In our new arrangement I would be skinned alive for that.

Yeah. me too...

I agree with Lauren and Caitlin: all your clothes and accoutrements are women's. Why call it drab? I'm sure GG's don't refer to themselves as "en drab" when they dress as you do. Maybe "stealth mode" as someone else has called it, or my favorite "pseudo-drab", that is, APPEARING to be dressed as a male, but actually wearing a complete women's outfit. Close inspection would give you away.

Sorry to split hairs, but I go out like this, and consider myself en femme when I do.

Renee

Life is just beginning... Eve_WA's Avatar
    I agree with all the posts above. That is pseudo or stealth, but not drab. But YOU GO GIRL! Maybe some day...

Eve

Quote Originally Posted by joan47 View Post
    I get pedicures and get my toenails paintedbright red or pink. I have had ayrlic nails for the past 6 months , last time I get them gelled and they stay very shiny until my next visit, every two weeks. I also have my eyebrows waxed every two weeks, very thin and arched. When I walk I always wear leggings, I wear light makeup all the the time whe I am in drab, eyebrow pencil, light foundation, eye shadow, lipstick, girls perfume. I always wear a pink ladies baseball cap ad in the winter I wear womens zip ankle boots. I get my jeans at Rue 21, or Peneys ad they are very tight. I can tell when I am out shopping when other girls otice my jeans. Oh, I forgot I also wear a waist cincer ad a padded but. Maidenform has a new padded butt that is great. I love to shop, and many of the stores I go to kow I am transgenered, sice I uy so many girls stuff. My wife understands nd allows me, she does not really like the make-up or the padded butt,. How far do you girls go in drab
    I guess I'm a bit "over the line" too. My weird, and possibly weak, theory is that I'm not on the female side of the gender line if I don't have obvious breasts.

So my "en drab" list often includes many of the items that you mentioned.

I have long, shoulder length, hair which I usually wear in a high pony tail,

long acrylic nails with a light french manicure that I have done every two weeks,

eyebrows done every month,

have had laser hair removal, significantly reducing facial hair,

always carry a purse regardless of which "mode" I'm in,

have pierced ears but usually don't wear earrings when "en drab,"

almost always wear light makeup - soft eyeshadow, mascara, brow gel and neutral lipstick when "en drab," add light moisturizer foundation, bolder shadow, eye liner and lip liner when "en femme,"

buy almost all of my clothes on the misses'/women's side of the aisle.

I am ordinarily called "Ma'm" by clerks, restaurant servers, and in other casual encounters and am always taken by surprise when called "sir" except when I deliberately try to make that happen.

But I think much of it has to do with attitude -- many people who already know me seem to perceive me as the guy they always knew, albiet as an eccentric man, and with a few changes in posture, voice, etc., I can always get others to call me "Sir" on those rare occassions when I want them to.

Given how often I switch back and forth, I'm not sure if I'm a crossdresser or a chameleon.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

One question, what part of you ISN'T in female mode? I definitely would
    not call this "Drab" or even "Stealth". Sounds full on female to me!

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    ... and I thought I pushed drab .... My under clothes are all feminine (panties, cami's etc). I wear mostly women's clothes, BUT they are also ones that are fairly unisex. I have always worn women's shoes, but that is because I can't get men's in my size easily ( 10.5 AA ). I do not wear bra's, nor do I wear makeup when in drab. My hair is long and normally in a pony tail.

I few things I forgot

I have had laser hair removal on my chest and back. It is great and opens up all kind of new possibilities for low cut dresses. I have big boobs for a guy, the maidenform lady, says I have at least a b+, I do wear all that I mentioned above, one problem is tat I am bald. I don't know maybe I want other females to see me as a sissy for wearing girls clothes. I have plenty of wigs it is just that they are so unfortable and I don't think I could pass since I am 6'. My wife has told me she would prefer if I went out totally femme rater then the way I do, it is just that I live in a fairly small town anddon't want to take the chance..

For me a G string to work is enough for now.
    If I use anything else I will be outed for sure !!!!

Still working up the nerv to venture out the door en fem.

Good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by joan47 View Post
    I get pedicures and get my toenails paintedbright red or pink. I have had ayrlic nails for the past 6 months , last time I get them gelled and they stay very shiny until my next visit, every two weeks. I also have my eyebrows waxed every two weeks, very thin and arched. When I walk I always wear leggings, I wear light makeup all the the time whe I am in drab, eyebrow pencil, light foundation, eye shadow, lipstick, girls perfume. I always wear a pink ladies baseball cap ad in the winter I wear womens zip ankle boots. I get my jeans at Rue 21, or Peneys ad they are very tight. I can tell when I am out shopping when other girls otice my jeans. Oh, I forgot I also wear a waist cincer ad a padded but. Maidenform has a new padded butt that is great. I love to shop, and many of the stores I go to kow I am transgenered, sice I uy so many girls stuff. My wife understands nd allows me, she does not really like the make-up or the padded butt,.

How far do you girls go in drab

Joan I have to agree with the others. You are not drab by any means. My drab is wearing men's clothes. I would consider what your wearing to be the same as a GG being comfortably dressed.
    Cary

Oh my, I don't go so far as some others, and I think that my "drab" is pretty much male presentation. However, underneath it's always panties--very pretty ones. Sometimes I wear stockings and occasionally I put on a cami. I also wear mascara but pretty lightly applied.
    I wear women's jeans on Saturdays and other days off, and on those days I might wear a bra too. It depends on where I'm going and what I'm doing.
    That's about it on those days when I'm dressed "en drab."
    warmly, Linnea

Not very far

Panties full time. Toenails polished full time. Struggling with stockings at moment.
    Have worn thigh highs but they always roll down and show a telltale line. The knee highs i have bought must have been for midgets they only come halfway up my calf. Want to try stockings with belt next when cash available.

Every day it's the "mandatory" trilogy of under things, ( P.B.S. panties, bra, stockings), all of my trousers, both work jeans and dress are from either Fashion Bug or Dress Barn, My "shirts" all come from Woman Within or Brooks Bros. and all of them are ladies style. ( not with any obvious darts or waist tailoring ) . Shoes are from Payless ( womens section)
    Makeup is somewhat light, but it is there, foundation, mascara, blush and of course lippy. Not slathered on heavy but just enough for me to know I did take the time to do something with my face. What hair I have left is in a pony tail held with a rubber band for now.
    Fingernails are acrylic covered in a light pink, (barely noticeable except in bright sunlight) toes are, at this time a deep burgundy.

I guess the only "boy" thing I still wear is my belt.

I really don't think of myself as going out "fully" enfemme, only because I'm not wearing my wig, forms, heels, and some sort of skirt/ dress.
    Last edited by Phyliss; 02-11-2009 at 04:11 PM. Reason: additional thought to add to post
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Here's what I do.

I too agree. . . not too Drab sounding at all

Here's what I wear to work and family outings as they are slightly different:

Work
    Panties
    Padded bra (sometimes) A cup
    Mild butt padding (sometimes)
    thigh highs (sometimes)
    cami
    Uniform shirt/pants
    steel toe shoes

Accessories:
    homemade seed bead ankle bracelets
    Scrunci
    2 gauge claw earrings
    male style glasses

My hair is pretty long so I generally wear it in a high ponytail

Family outings -- leisure time
    Panties
    Thigh highs (sometimes)
    elbow v-neck tee
    Mens shirt -- long sleeve
    Fem jeans

Mild butt padding
    flats or low heels

Acessories are the same except I replace my glasses with
    fem style glasses/sunglasses.

Really the only things different for me
    are:

Padded bra, B cup(although I do wear it to work sometimes -- I enjoy seeing what I can get away with )
    Makeup
    Totally fem clothing (including possibly a shirt and high heels)
    Painted nails ( I have gone to work with painted fingernails -- risky!)
    Fem style flowery earrings
    Purse.

Interesting post. . . I'd call my approach mildly stealthy.

Jacie
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aspiring Member
    does seem you go a little further than drab. i myself have worn a bra, panties, waist cincher, panty hose, full slip, 1/2 slip, nylons, pantyhose, thigh highs, camisole, top with cups, blouses, heels, overcoat, pants, all feminine article, not all at the same time of course.

Fun Loving Party Girl Ashlie Marie's Avatar
    its kewl someone brought this up... I think of this from time to time.. Since my long curly hair is always down and on days when I am not to lazy to shave I wear a little makeup everyday. and I think I only have one pair of guys jeans left to wear around mom and Dad, to me I still think of me as is DRAB until I stick on the "girls" I even wear cute girly tops without a bra most of the time,, maybe that is why my friends and co-workers never knwo what to call me lol,.,

;=)
    ----------------------------------------

All that is important is that you are comfy with yourself --<<--@

Come Visit me: My FaceBook Page

agree with others joan. seems like you're only astep away. maybe you should take the leap!

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    To me, drab is presenting as a man. That means no (or very little) makeup, no breasts, no wig, and nothing as obvious as a skirt or dress. Otherwise, anything is fair game. I don't wear men's pants anymore, although most of my pairs with the exception of a few pairs of jeans (sorry Karren) are not very girly. I have several shirts that have a "W" on the tag, but otherwise are very unisex. I'd say that every 3 or 4 days, I go out wearing only girl's stuff, but looking at me, you probably wouldn't know.
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

I don't underdress and won't, one reason out of respect for my SO, she has a friend that is a nurse and thats all I'd need is to wind up in ER with her on duty

In drab however I do go out and buy myself clothes (lingerie mostly) and heels, just did yesterday, the fear is subsiding more and more.

I just realized something funny!

I don't feel like a "crossdresser" when I'm wearing feminine clothes, I feel awkward and like a crossdresser when I'm wearing men's clothes!
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Former Member
    I present as a male when in public. Although I have worn panties, a bra and thigh highs under my drab clothes. I do have a pair of feminine jeans I wear from time to time in public.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Webter's Definition of Drab: either a prostitute, or thick woolen fabric of dull brownish-yellow color. IMHO, I don't think any CD would go out in "drab" trying to look feminine!!

What really seems to fit on this Forum is a CD going out dressed in male clothing. Dressing in pretty feminine things certainly would not fit any definition of "Drab!"

As I have stated many times already, I routinely go out in public completely dressed in feminine clothing, but looking like the guy that I am! No makeup and no wig. I am almost bald on top, and what hair I have is shaved down to a 1/4 inch. The main thing is that I feel good about myself, and don't care what others may think. Sure I do get some funny looks at times, but as long as someone is not throwing rocks at me I don't care! I AM ME!!!
    Last edited by sissystephanie; 02-13-2009 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Added wording to clarify a statement.
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Katrina View Post
    To me, drab is presenting as a man. That means no (or very little) makeup, no breasts, no wig, and nothing as obvious as a skirt or dress. Otherwise, anything is fair game.
    Ditto! ... my definition of boy mode is the lack of wig, forms, heels, skirts and dresses without full makeup. However, my boy mode is kinda girly because I have light eye makeup (eyeliner and mascara only) an A cup bra and panties, girls jeans, girls t-shirt, classic style high buttoning cardigan (in the cooler months), white tennis shoes, long lightly colored fingernails, woman's watch, earrings, a touch of perfume, and a girls baseball cap to top it off! Do people look at me? ... not always, but sometimes they do. I even sometimes get mam'ed dressed like this too.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

How far we have come

How far we have come, that this is a relevant question. Great question.

My drab outings consist of flat shoes, jeans, a loose sweater so my forms are not so noticeable, no makeup and plain ponytail hair-tie, simple earrings. I don't change my watch or remove any nail color.

As someone else said, I feel under-dressed the more drab I appear.
    Carin

I have gone on a journey in search if myself. If you find me before I return, please hold on to me until I get back.
    Telling our Children