Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your SO -- knows vs. seen you

Your SO -- knows vs. seen you

Is that the situation for many out there? my SO knows i dress, and has seen lingerie (nightie, garters, panties, etc...) but never actually full blown makeup hair and clothes.

she will eventually, you can't unring that bell, but I just wondered if anyone else has gone through it.

Slightly different for me. My wife does my make-up and helps me put on certain items of clothing. It seems she uses my habit as an excuse to go shopping.
    Regarding what is written above: Avoid friendly fire, it causes unnecessary tension. Seek clarification if theres any hint of misunderstanding.

Take care.

It's nice to have an SO that is accepting. Not here in my house. Treat her very well because she is special.
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

Good question. So now your SO knows, your partially out of the closet, at least with her. Did you figure ok she knows so now I don't have to hide all my cd belongings, or do you still keep them out of site?

My wife knows, and has seen my clothes, but has not (and does not want to) see Tash all girlied up with hair and make up.

OK. The truth is.....Jean sees me dressed every day.
    It is all her fault!

I'm in the same boat as a lot of others. My S/O is not accepting whatsoever. I still respect her wishes to keep it out of sight, out of mind. You are lucky to have a lady be accepting, so treat her with the utmost kindness and respect, since I think you'll both go far.

Not sure if you were asking GGs or just CDers this question but I thought I'd add my as an accepting GG anyways.

Is this a case of she knows but does not want to see or she knows but you haven't felt comfortable enough yet to share your CDing with her?

If she knows and doesn't want to see then that may be what she can handle now... it sounds like there is some level of acceptance there for you and it would be wise to take it slowly and not push too much too quickly.

If it's the other way around, only you can know how comfortable you will be with sharing this with her and when/if you are ready, try to answer as many questions as she may come up with. Accepting SOs sometimes need a bit of time, lots of questions answered, and support to come to a better understanding with you about it. She may come to accept, participate and love you even more for sharing this with her, or she may not. Only you and your wife can determine this.

Good luck with coming out further to your wife, I hope it leads to a wonderful new union with her.

Akira

My wife saw me once on a Halloween before she knew I did this regularly. I did the full-blown girl thing, and she did the guy thing. She now knows I crossdress, but she's never met Marla. Perhaps one of these days.....

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

I have not gone totaly dressed for my wife.
    She likes me in my lingrene.
    Slowly we add things on to me.
    To reach the end one must progress.
    Baby steps.

Don't ask, don't tell

I told my wife about 4 years ago. Time flys. Twice during that special time together, I slipped her nightie on (she wasn't using it...). It was real good for me, but she didn't like it.

Kathleen

Quote Originally Posted by melissacdx View Post
    Is that the situation for many out there? my SO knows i dress, and has seen lingerie (nightie, garters, panties, etc...) but never actually full blown makeup hair and clothes.

she will eventually, you can't unring that bell, but I just wondered if anyone else has gone through it.
    Mine knows and has seen pics of me dressed, but doesn't want to see the live package! She's given me tips on makeup & we've shopped together, so I consider myself somewhat lucky in that respect.

Been caught a few times, so she knows, but is not accepting. At All.
    Susann_Gardener

Quote Originally Posted by CD Tasha View Post
    My wife knows, and has seen my clothes, but has not (and does not want to) see Tash all girlied up with hair and make up.
    Basically the same thing here, the last time my SO saw me dressed she commented...
    'oh you just look so MACHO in that mini with frilly lace socks and heels' then she did one of these...told her I'm not after the 'macho' look when cd'ed then I
    Alot of eye rolling went back and forth that night

When I picked up some heels yesterday she didn't mind that I bought her a few pairs as well though, guess thats kind of a good sign. She got a nice mini and midriff top as well the day before from me also, they didn't have the same in my size

Eventually I'll show her the full deal when I think my look has reached a point I'm happy with, still practicing on makeup for now.
    Last edited by Jess_cd32; 02-12-2009 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by melissacdx View Post

dressed for my wife fully on our honeymoon wanted to know where her husband was that she married told counciler that i was totally different and there was no sign of Donald her husband when we got home she asked that i remove all my female clothes out the apartment but let me keep my panties then about 6 months later came home and my beautiful satin and laced panties were gone and replaced by cotton boxers (aggh) 17yrs later she caught me dressed and has asked again to remove all my female objects out the house so now i sneak a pair of her panties every once in awhile.
    a server

Quote Originally Posted by diane51 View Post
    Good question. So now your SO knows, your partially out of the closet, at least with her. Did you figure ok she knows so now I don't have to hide all my cd belongings, or do you still keep them out of site?
    no, i even wear them, like a lounge set, black satin with some pink , pants and a camisole, she's ok with that, comfortable even -- its me that is chicken i think...just because of what the stakes are, if I go for it, and she recoils, then, ugh, that's a big elephant in the room. mind you if she doesn't recoil than its fantastic, but........

Sure. I think many of us have gone through the various phases of seeing or not wanting to be seen by our SO's. My wife knows and supports me in that I can buy what ever clothes I want, can wear panties 7/24 and have painted toe nails. She has seen me fully dressed, but prefers not to. Will allow me to dress at home, but will stay upstairs. Has come down to my man cave a few times, but stays at her downstairs computer and does not really look at me. I would love to have her allow me to be openly dressed in her presence, but have not come up with a way to make that happen.

Not now, not ever

Nope. I have asked her if she would like to see me, and/or go out with with me while dressed. "I'll let you know if I do..," is her reply. She has peeked at my clothes though. She makes comments like "you have more tops than I do ...". Of course I don't, not even close. Two things strike me, based on what she has communicated to me so far. She is either afraid that I will look horrible,embarrassing her and me, or that I will look too good, which would mean to her things she would not rather think about (possibly me being TS, gay, etc.).
    The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.
    - Dolly Parton

I guess I am one of the lucky ones, when I told my wife that I was a cross dresser, I answered questions for about 15 minutes, then she gave me a funny look and said lets go shopping. Two dresses, two sets of neckless and earrings, Garter & nylons, slip and shoes, wig and a cheap set of foam forms, all bought by her (I was still uncomfortable with shopping back then) it was back at the house, she did my makeup (still had a lot to learn about that stuff) and I got dressed so she could see what see had bought me. Of course I screwed it up by getting sallowed by a pink fog, and we had to go back and set up some guide lines of just how often I should be dressing. But all in all, it has just gotten better and better over the years!
    Tina

My wife's not always been 100% supportive, but she is now. It's not been a perfect ride, but we've always had the lines of communication open. The signs were good from early on; I told her about my CDing before we got married, and within a couple of days she bought me pantyhose. We had some bumps, but it's worked out.

Now, she'll borrow items of my clothing if they fit her and she needs them. I have a pair of red pumps from Bandolino she dearly wishes she could borrow, but our sizes are too disparate in shoes. I'm trying to find a close or exact match for the shoes for her. She'll buy things for me occasionally and surprise me with them. A couple of weeks ago she bought be a casual cotton skirt. I didn't have that sort of skirt in my wardrobe, so it was a perfect selection.

In going out in public, she is comfortable with whatever decisions I make, and trusts I won't do anything to embarrass her or the family. I can come home in heels, or fully en femme from wherever if I like.

Nowadays, the biggest obstacle is myself; trying to be a man for her while expressing my femme side as well. It's a tricky balance at times.

I have worn nighties and panties for years and my wife has seen me in them but beyond that she is not interested seeing me either in clothing or makeup.
    Who knows maybe one day she will but at the moment its a no-no and i respect her wishes.

Shoes, a woman's passion! debbeelee1's Avatar
    I only dress en femme while my SO is with me!
    Hugs and kisses,
    Debbee!

The first time I met my SO en femme, she was absolutely beautiful! Fully dressed, forms, makeup, and her own long hair beautifully styled. Within a few minutes, we were on the sofa chatting and cuddling. Within the hour I felt as if I had known her all my life.
    Reine

My SO knows, and is very accepting of my dressing. I dress at home almost all the time.

But, but MY choice, she has not seen me in full makeup.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Former Member
    My wife has known since before we were married. She came over one evening and I was all dolled up. She was shocked for about 30 seconds then asked a few questions. I told her that I am 100% heterosexual (always the first question) and liked dressing like a girl. We've been married 20+ years and all is wonderful!