Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seeing yourself for the first time.

Seeing yourself for the first time.

Do you remember what your very first thoughts and feelings were when looking at yourself in the mirror dressed or semi dressed the first time?

Mine were...
    1.This must be wrong,but it feels so right I can't stop,I'm on autopilot.

2.Turned on by the buzzing and humming sensations derived from it and the state of euphoria it put me in,while still trying to determine exactly why.

3.Being sad there would have to be an end to it soon, I would have to leave a place I really enjoyed with no prospect of returning.

I definitely remember my first official transformation with a wig and make-up. I could not believe how I looked....I remember tremblling. And while dressed in lingerie and some dresses before that, I never had the full make-over.....it was wonderful
    Kristen

Quote Originally Posted by Celeste View Post
    Do you remember what your very first thoughts and feelings were when looking at yourself in the mirror dressed or semi dressed the first time?

Mine were...
    1.This must be wrong,but it feels so right I can't stop,I'm on autopilot.

2.Turned on by the buzzing and humming sensations derived from it and the state of euphoria it put me in,while still trying to determine exactly why.

3.Being sad there would have to be an end to it soon, I would have to leave a place I really enjoyed with no prospect of returning.
    I felt pretty much the same feelings as you have listed above. I had cross dressed quite a few times--just panties and bras and a few other articles--before I actually saw myself in a mirror.
    My other impression at that time was that I felt quite natural about how I looked and I was surprised at how much I looked like my mother.
    warmly, Linnea

That unique once in a lifteime feeling came to me the first time I dressed completely with the assistance of another CD who had all the experience. I had dressed before and tried a little makeup with a wig with so-so results. She put on my eye makeup and false eyelashes and helped me with the rest of my makeup. I borrowed a blond wig from her and dressed up. When I finally looked closely in the mirror at my face all made up with the wig and everything else, my jaw dropped and big smile spread across my face and didn't leave it until well after I was back in drab and at home. I just couldn't believe how great I looked. I was actually transformed from me to her! Plus, I looked good. For me that means that I like how I looked and not some third party's opinion. Don't get me wrong, I like the compliments too, but if I couldn't look good in my eyes, I don't think I could believe someone else's nice comment.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Yes, I remember, Celeste.

And I still get that same feeling when I complete my transformations!

I KNOW the woman in the mirror is me!

But, at the same time, she appears to be someone COMPLETELY different from me!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Well that was not too long ago. At first I tried my new wig without makeup and clothes and I hated it. My look was awful. But as soon as I applied make up and dressed in feminine clothes, I saw myself as a girl. It was a great feeling, quite weird at first but still overwhelming.

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area

hmmm first time..

Well technically the first time with makeup was my first wife playing around with me..she said i looked like my sister..hmmm anyway..

i had put on some articles of clothing in reference to lingeria..but it wasn't until about 8 months ago that i tried the whole make up and dressing.. and i looked and said wow..not that i was passible, but that i had reached a point where i was happy with being me..

so now i know when i go shopping and feel a tingle..sometimes just because i'm shopping for me and the saleperson doesn't know.. and sometimes its because they know and are willing to help.. that is when i see me, like in a mirror..

I thought what great legs and A$$ you have girl.
    Angie

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I got some great feelings from wearing underwear when I was I my teens and I loved dressing up in a non-serious way for a costume party or whatever, but the first time I ever saw myself dressed in a serious way, in other words trying to look convincing, was when I went to one of those transformation makeover places when I was in my early 30's.

When the GG had finished working on me I couldn't believe how feminine I looked. I was amazed. In my mind I thought I looked like a real woman! I certainly felt what I thought it felt like to feel like one. I actually felt quite emotional and began to "tear up" because ... finally looking back at me, was the image of myself that matched how I felt inside.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

For me

It was like I was meeting someone I had known all my life but never actually seen them. I was so happy I almost cried. I still enjoy seeing the image I see in the mirror and pictures. It is me but at the same time it is someone else.

I need to add the fact that I am refering to the first time I saw myself after finding the "LOOK" i had been searching for over many, many months. The actual first time I saw myself in the mirror dressed I just saw a young man in a dress and wig. I never thought of using any make up. That was 40 or more years ago. So much time wasted. When I did get back to dressing at age 53 it took some time to conquer the make up thing. I guess it was all worth it though after seeing how much things have changed.
    Last edited by Mary Jane; 02-14-2009 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Added some information
    [SIZE="4"]Mary Jane[/SIZE]

May those that love us, love us. Those that don't love
    us may God turn their hearts. And if he can't turn their
    hearts, may he turn their ankles, so we'll know them by their limping.

I knew it was me in the mirror, .... but I looked so,... different. I liked the image I saw. Wasn't sure just what I should feel, but I knew I liked what feeling I had.

I always knew "I" was inside, but I'd never really seen "ME".
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

I think I just thought 'Coooooooooo...'
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

I find that it's too easy to look in the mirror and tell it, Mirror mirror on the wall, I'm the best looking gurl of all! But then take some pictures and look them over a few days later, to see just how great you really look. Then you can make some minor adjustments to make your self even better...BJ

For me, it wasn't the makeup and dressing but the validation from my sisters-in-law about my appearence. They were blown away by the fact that this 6-4" man could dress and carry herself with the poise and grace of a woman. This was validated again today when Helen stopped by for coffee and cookies. She also was helping me pick out a new dress that she thought I would look good in. It made me fel so good all under and the fact that she refered to the two of us as girls having fun, really made my day. Keli

I like to be pretty Joanne Curl's Avatar
    I remember dressing and seeing how much better my eyes looked as I got better at applying makeup, the first time I curled my then longish hair and saw the pretty curls. The first time I tried on a bra and dress that really fit. But the memory that sticks the most was my first makeover when I looked in the mirror and it was the Joanne I always knew who was inside me was reflected. I knew then that I wanted to go out in public as Joanne.

my first time fully dressed and makeup was amazing i had to see my shrink as mj..

i cheated and went to a salon and they did one amazing job i still have my very first picture i could not believe my eyes wow so cool. it was weird as he went in :-

and after the girls worked there magic there she was...

i can't put into words how i felt that day it was like something magical happened the problem was i had go walk through the mall as mj. talk about outing yourself to the world that was a very amazing wonderful day .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I was fifteen that summer, everyone in the family worked. But I had a day off, and took advantage by dressing up in one of my sister's dresses. I was surprised at how well it fit, as well as how much I resembled a girl when I looked in her mirror (my bedroom had no mirror of any kind). I had kind of given up on waiting for god to make me into a girl, but for a moment once again had hope; I re combed my hair to part in the middle, and looked around for some make up. It was my first time with that, and it didn't turn out very well, but it kind of felt nice to put it on, although it took a couple of tries to get both eyes even (and when it came time to take it off, I didn't know how; I just scrubbed away with soap and water, not knowing to use anything else). I stayed dressed up for a while, enjoying standing in front of the mirror, moving and feeling the slip and dress slide along my stockings as I turned. I tried sitting like a girl, tried various facial expressions, folding my hands in my lap, trying to look like one of the girls in my high school class. I had a brief scare when my dad came home unexpectedly for some lunch, but he left pretty quick, and I stayed dressed up until about three in the afternoon, knowing that my sister would be coming home around four. Suddenly in a panic because she might smell 'me' on her dress, I sniffed it carefully but didn't notice anything so I just hung it back up in the closet, knowing that she wouldn't be wearing it again until at least the fall, so I'd have a chance to wash and iron it before she ever found out. It was the last time I wore anything current of hers, I went back to digging into her discarded clothes that my mom had kept in the attic after that. A couple years later when that dress went into the 'old stuff' boxes, it became my favorite outfit for quite a while. That day is one of my most memorable moments in my life; I can vividly recollect all kinds of little details, the weather, songs playing on the radio, neighbors talking, the picture on the cover of Cosmo on my sister's bed.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Shock, an electric one.
    This pic was taken then.
    5 years ago.
    It was the first time I'd ever properly, fully dressed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Girls who are boys, Who like boys to be girls, Who do boys like they're girls, Who do girls like they're boys, Always should be someone you really love

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    Oh yes. I remember that and my words where were something like -- it really is me! I was totally amazed and felt like I had found myself

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

Ohh I remeber it all right!! I was shocked!! Really shocked!! I looked like hell!! Just plain ugly!! I don't know why I didn't quit and walk away but I kept with it.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I Remember

Yeah i remember when I saw myself fully dressed for the first time. I was about 14 15. I had this cute dress that I "borrowed" from my aunt. I had on stokings, girdle, slip, bra, the whole nine. However, I didn't have a wig, nor did i have makeup. I thought, I look like a boy in a dress. I would lean the mirror against the wall, so I could not see my head. I was only able to see my body. I looked great, so I thought. My next thought was. I wish it would go down, you know what I'm talking about. I was really turned on by what I saw.

I still feel great when I'm dressed. I still have the feeling of feminity. I can't wait until i do it again, which is soon I hope.

I can't recall the very first time, but quite recently when I first fully dressed up in my own dress, tights, wig and make up was a moment i'll probably never forget.

I kinda looked at myself, smiled and thought wow...look how far i've come...that moment there would probably mean more to me than my very first time.

My early teens going out for halloween dressed as a girl in my older sister's clothes... many people asked what I was supposed to be. I really looked like a girl.

Later, at 25, going into NYC after first wife dressed me and put on makeup and wig. I was in heaven. Wish I still had the pictures.
    Looked like a women till heavy weight lifting changed my body at 35, I became muscle bound and face thinned out. couldn't hope to pass. Now, at 66, I think maybe I can pull it off again... I'd be ugly but just maybe since I've lost forty pounds of bulk muscle and fat.

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    I thought, "that's better", and then burst into tears. It was such a relief to see the real me.

Sarah...

I stopped in my teens and started again years later. In my teens it had been about trying clothes so never did the whole transformation.

When I started again it was months before I bought a wig, so when it arrived I dressed up and sat in front of a mirror and donned my new wig (which i still needed to brush out!)

But the transformation was amazing and I could see my pupils widening in the mirror I felt a rush that was going throught mind!

Its one of the highlights of my life (That might make me sound sad, there are lots of others, that involve other people and not happening in a room with drawn curtains! so don't worry about that!)

I still get a buzz putting on a wig and seeing the transformation, but alas not so mind blowing anymore and diminishingly so!