Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free time explanations...?

Free time explanations...?

Hey Girls,
    Recently I've been having more and more of a problem explaining to all what the hell I do with my free time, particularly to my colleges at work. Being completely and comfortably in the closet, thank you very much, my free time seems to have become a topic of discussion of late. Of course, the answer is simple. I spend all my free time jumping the gender fence and becoming as femme as possible, but this is hardly something I'm wishing to share. Sadly perhaps, other than my work-a-day life (which is huge... HUGE!) and my life as Robyn, there is little else...

Wondering if any of you are in this quandary, finding that those gapping blocks of times spent in private glory has come back to haunt you, finding that it needs some sort of explanation. If so, what do you tell everyone?

Robyn
    When lost, alone, or blue I know I can always get through the day, for I've always another shade of lipstick to make things right!

Banned Read only
    Tell them what you do in your free time then.

You don't have to tell them you are dressed as a woman while you are doing it.

I mean I spend a lot of time on the computer when I am dressed. If someone who I am not out to asked what I did today I would say "I spent a lot of time on the computer".

gone fishing! How hard is that?

Hi Robyn, I like the answers that Roberta and Katie!!!!!
    Or you could tell them you are a e-Bay shopaholic!!!!!

Mollyanne
    "To thine own self be true"

Lol I have this all the time. Luckily my mum knows so it's not as issue for me but yesterday when she got back from work she asked what i'd been upto so I just oh you know nothing really, just on the PS3 and stuff... She blatantly knew what I meant by stuff, but she just laughed and left it at that

I'm a lumberjack and I'm o.k.

Think of the most boring, paint drying hobby imaginable... do a bit of research... bore them for half an hour... watch them avoid a conversation about your free time in the future. Harsh but effective
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

I used to target shoot after work with some of the guys and I did some martial arts, exercise and photography at night. I would shop on the way home from target shooting exercise was at one tough club and was 100% male. Photography was for pictures of how I looked in the days before digital cameras. I always discussed guns... that shuts people up.

Anyone demanding an accounting of your free time (unless it's your SO) is just being plain too nosy.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Do you spend time with them after work? If you did in the past you'll have to give up some of your girl time and hang with the gang so to speak. If there being nosy tell them anything you want. You watch movies, practice on improving your culinary skills etc...It's none of there business.

General nuisance AliceJaneInNewcastle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robyn2006 View Post
    Wondering if any of you are in this quandary, finding that those gapping blocks of times spent in private glory has come back to haunt you, finding that it needs some sort of explanation. If so, what do you tell everyone?
    Personally, I'd very likely tell them the truth and point them to my facebook profile.

Assuming that you don't tell them the truth, make sure that whatever you decide to tell them is a dead end activity. Something that doesn't invite further questions for more detail.

The more complex the lie, the easier it is to fall apart.

Alice

Just tell them you are relaxing and enjoying your life....BJ

What free time?? I wish I had some.. I'd just tell them your hobby is collecting.... Artwork!! Kind of a streach but close enough!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    Tell them what you do in your free time then.

You don't have to tell them you are dressed as a woman while you are doing it.

I mean I spend a lot of time on the computer when I am dressed. If someone who I am not out to asked what I did today I would say "I spent a lot of time on the computer".
    As much as possible, I do this too: tell them (although in my own case, few ask) what you are doing. I spend quite a bit of time puttering around the house or banging on the computer ("for help, hit any key"), so I say that those are things I've been doing.
    At other times, it can be more difficult because I was occupied trying on outfits, primping with my make-up and hair. Of course, I don't mention that, so I have to make something up.
    However, the less made up the better (except for my face).
    warmly, Linnea

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Robyn2006 View Post

If it's someone I feel like sharing with, I will. Otherwise, it's nobody's business what I do with my free time. I don't feel obligated to explain anything. I do have quite a few other hobbies, though, which makes it easy to develop some common ground.

I've always said that cross dressing is a huge.. HUGE waste of time.. but I like it that way so what ya gonna do about it..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

Tell them you like to read books or magazines about some hobby that you DO know something about.

Could be building models, painting by the numbers, or whatever. Lisa's response is on track, but it doesn't have to be so boring that they look at you different.... just not interested.

As Arianna pointed out, they're either asking because they're nosy, or because they have a genuine interest in what you do and seeing if you would be interested in hanging out with them.

Just a thought,
    EryLynn

I gotta laugh just a little,since I started dressing 24/7 there is very little questioning about how I spend my time.If your friends know you,they should have no problem accepting the "other" you,in a perfect world.

Being one whose SO is on a Dont See/not around her policy, you can guess where I would like the free time to go to. But I would also like to get other things done, for the accomplishment and so when she asks what I have done all day I can actually say I did something.

Me Personally, I'd tell them I was looking for new places to hide the bodies since I used up all the good spots with the last bunch of co-workers that got too nosey.
    But that's just me

Quote Originally Posted by MissConstrued View Post
    If it's someone I feel like sharing with, I will. Otherwise, it's nobody's business what I do with my free time. I don't feel obligated to explain anything. I do have quite a few other hobbies, though, which makes it easy to develop some common ground.
    Me, too

Just say you have a girl in your life... OR just say you don't mix work and personal life as a rule.

A year ago a buddy asked what I had done over the weekend. I told him I had gone to a club in reno. As he kept asking more specific questions I decided to tell him the truth. "I went to a gay bar that had a drag show, I wore a wig, makeup and a nice dress." It was hilarious he was absolutely stunned for several minutes. He quit asking what I do in my spare time after that.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Aspiring Member
    To borrow a great line from Humphrey Bogart's adversary in the movie "The Treasure of Sierra Madre"

Badges?
    We ain't got no badges.
    We don't need no badges.
    I ain't got to show you any stinkin' badges!

They don't need to know.

I don't tell them anything about Angie I have lots of other thing I do to talk about thankfully.
    Angie