Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What got you started or interested?

What got you started or interested in crossdressing?

Not sure if this has been asked before but here goes anyhow.

I was just wondering what the one specific thing was that got you started or interested in crossdressing? I'm talking about clothes, shoes, makeup, or accessories. I have a couple that are very closely tied for the top spot for me.

First is definitely high heels. The first time I saw a pair of my mothers I was hooked. And then when I tried them on, as oversized as they were, I was in heaven. The fact that women could walk on something so sexy and thin. Not to mention the things it did to their body. I definitely have a shoe fetish to this day, as do most women.

Second but certainly not least is my earring fetish. I use to love seeing women with pretty earrings dangling and swinging from their ears. As young as I could remember I always wanted earrings like the girls. I was jealous when my sister got her ears pierced. Then when I saw women sporting two in each earlobe I thought it looked incredible and I knew that is what I wanted. Then when it became widely acceptable for men I thought more heavily about having mine done. And I now sport two in each ear and couldn't be happier.

Anyhow, whats everyone elses story?
    Last edited by Lori31; 02-20-2009 at 11:19 AM.

Michelle

What got me started Dressing

It started a little when I was married. A few times when my wife was at work I wore her panties, one of her bras (I used tennis balls or socks for breasts) and a dress. Also while married I tried to spice up our sex life so I purchased Joe Boxers male thongs (the wife didnt like them and said they looked "gay"). I loved them and started wearing them more and more. After I got divorced I moved on to Victoria's Secret Panties, bought a bra and bra inserts from wal-mart, breastforms from a Crossdresser Shop and started buying womens clothing at Goodwill and other thrift stores.I started going out "Dressed"on Halloween and since I was living alone I usually was "Dressed" at home and loved it!

I was 7 and have no clue why I walked into my mothers closet one day.... Half a century ago!!

I do know that it has definately been exciting and fun!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

When my sister got her first bra and girdle it seemed like a rite of passage that was quite special and which I wasn't going to experience. So I made sure that I did experience it and so the game began.

Lori, I think that question ranks as a FAQ.

It kind of crept up on me. Like most CDs the urge started when I was 9 or 10, but I didn't recognize it for what it was. I discovered a cedar chest containing mementoes my mother kept of my deceased sister, and they included some of her clothes - a soft winter jacket is what comes to mind. I remember trying it on, and only looking back do I realize what an odd compulsion that was. After that I kept going back to wear it when I was alone in the house. A shrink would probably tell you that my original motivation was an attempt to bring back the sister I had lost when I was 6. There certainly wasn't any sexual attraction... I just loved the feel of that jacket with the silky faux fur trim. Not too long after that I ran across one of my mother's girdles and tried it on, and I loved the feeling it gave me. On the one hand it didn't occur to me that this was very, very abnormal behavior for a 10-year-old boy; on the other hand I knew instinctively that I would be mortified beyond endurance if I was caught, so I kept my new hobby secret. Once I was wearing the girdle under my regular clothes when I went out to play in the yard and a school friend stopped by to talk. I was terrified! What if the bulges show under my shirt? What if we start playing rough and my shirt rides up to expose what's underneath? I was so relieved when he rode off on his bike.

I guess the urges subsided for a while because I didn't really do anything else until I got to college. At one point I was sharing a big rented house with four girls (woohoo!) and after one of them moved out for the summer I found she had left some pantyhose in her trash can. I fished them out, tried them on... and suddenly knew I really, really liked what I was doing. I would find excuses to wear my girlfriend's stuff as a "joke" - a nightgown here, a leotard there.

At some point in college I finally realized I was different and started to get really worried and confused. I became convinced I was probably gay (took a couple of encounters with men to dispel that notion)... and thus began a 10 year cycle of denial, purging, and starting over that we are all too familiar with. It didn't help that psychology at the time reported transvestism as a "disease" best cured by shock therapy! Researching my desires only made me more terrified when I saw stuff like that.

Only when I got married did I fully understand what I am (and am not), and was able to accept me as myself. And I guess that's my, uh, testimony.

ralph

Same as Karren. Just did it for no reason.

Walked in to my sisters closet when I was about 5 and for some reason put on a pair of their underwear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Wild Women Never Get The Blues[/SIZE]

For me it didn't start happening until I became sexually aware (I say aware and not active since I didn't start having sex until a good bit later than most).

As soon as girls stopped having cooties and started being interesting, I noticed right away that girls have a power that I didn't sense in men, or at least in myself. The power to command a room with nothing more than a sway of the hips.

My gang of friends would frequently just stand there with our jaws hanging down while a cute girl would sashay down the hall in a tight pair of jeans. I guess men have the same power over women but being rather dorky as a kid I never felt I had it.

That was what made me curious about possibly exploring a feminine side. I know there's a whole hell of a lot more to being a woman than just being the object of male desire, but that's nevertheless what prompted me to begin the journey.

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar

I don't know either. First memories are prompted by a photo of Sam-antha dressed with frock, wig (of sorts), heels. She was out for the entire day and the evening too probably.
    She had a collecting can in her hand for the Annual Student Charity binge.
    That year, the rather large Tupp family was the centre piece.
    The Canadian Mountie Tupp was the paterfamilas. (Sookie was the drunk bad sheep son). Presumably I was Dressi Tupp.
    ~Samm
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

it may have started in the amniotic soup

I don't have a clue.
    I do remember that when I was 6 or 7 and terribly jealous of one of my girl cousins. She was cute and wore dresses and I was a dorky little kid. Nothing else bubbles up in memory until I was about 9 when I felt I needed to hide my knowledge that a woman's shirt was called a blouse. Don't know why, but it was some secret that would change how I was viewed.
    It just had to all marinate for a few more years until I had the chance to be left alone in the house where I could snag a pair of panties, a bra and a dress and it's been part of my world ever since.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Pantyhose was the firstt hing I wanted to wear.When I was a teenager I loved dressing up in my mom's clothes and I always had to have pantyhose on.
    I put on my mom's pantyhose and dresses because I wanted to be a girl. Which is the same reason I dress en femme today.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Aspiring Member

Said before

Like most of you, I've answered this question lots of times, but I'm not tired of talking about my sister's big, white, fluffy, lacy petticoat. It was my Sirens' call when I was 4 or 5.

Tights did it for me, I think I was probably about 10 and had to dress up in a school play. Still my favourite thing now too

What got me interested in crossdressing - nothing - I was born this way !

JoAnne Wheeler

Smile An early start

I was about 7 years old. My divorced parents took me out for an afternoon together. My mother's sandal strap became broken, and my father spent a good deal of time on his knees attending to her ankle straps. A few years later I found my self strangely(?) attracted to women's shoes and ankles, often thinking about that earlier situation.

To this day, my primary attraction in crossdressing is female shoes.

Of course there was the amniotic soup - but I don't remember that part
    "Who's around your TV is more important than how big it is...." Dr. Phil
    http://profiles.urnotalone.com/54617
    http://www.frappr.com/?a=myphotos&id=1265395

Aspiring Member
    Like JoAnne, I believe that I was born this way. My only sister is two years younger than me so I couldn't wear any of her clothes. When I was four I found a sack of hand me down girls clothing in the basement. They were just my size so I took a dress outside with me. I crawled under the front porch and slipped the dress over my head. It felt so right! I stayed under there until I was called in for supper. The dress was a blue full skirted party dress. It had a sewn in petticoat. Heaven! Leanne

My answer is easy. Sexy lingeries. When it comes to apparels women have far more options from head to toe. I guess that is why they love shopping in general more than males.
    Daliah Hermes

Meet me at Smugglers Cove PaulaSF's Avatar
    Not sure if it was the "original" thing as to wanting to dress en femme, but an interesting tale, considering my 33 years, to date, in my Silicon Valley Engineering, career...

About age 8, or so, my Mom had apparently decided to renew/replace her hosiery/stockings, en masse (seems a bit too earlier for her to have been transitioning from stockings to pantyhose, as this would have been roughly 1965), and I happened to notice a big "wad" of stockings in the trash in the kitchen.

Something possessed me to grab 'em up, and I apparently understood enough about how they ought to be worn, that I knew I'd need a garter belt, to hold 'em up.

Budding junior engineer, I fashioned an makeshift garter belt by utilizing a combination of stout rubberbands, paperclips, and popsicle sticks.

I recall totally enjoying the resulting appearance, and feeling of stocking-clad legs (and to early on for any real arousal sorts of "stirrings"...).

I kept all this stashed inside my lithographed steel, toy service station, that was kept under my bed, my future as a heel and hose afficiondo, squirreled away in a toy "service bay"...

And the usual perusal of the lingerie in the Sears, etc. catalogs a few years later only reinforcing the desire to head down the long road of being a boy, but wanting to be the best-looking, best-dressed girl that I could manage to be!

cheers,
    Paula

[QUOTE=Lori31;1618447]Not sure if this has been asked before but here goes anyhow.

I was just wondering what the one specific thing was that got you started or interested in crossdressing? I'm talking about clothes, shoes, makeup, or accessories. I have a couple that are very closely tied for the top spot for me.

I started late in life. My wife was away for a few months and for some reason I tried on her sleepwear. That was good but I thought you need breasts for this, so then a bra, better still, then some panties, Wow! Hey how about some pantyhose.

I then thought if I can wear sleepwear what about all those dresses in 3 different closets in the house. (My wife is an amateur dressmaker and pretty good at it.) The long formal gowns were probably what hooked me in, then the make up and it just went on. By the time my wife came home I was hooked. Like a number of others I found I had a shoe fetish (just bought another 2 pair). As an aside whilst I've always noticed good looking well dressed women my appreciation of a well dressed woman especially with great shoes has risen immensely.

I now only wear women's sleepwear and with my wife away again looking after our son's place for a month I'm dressing all the time.

What got you started

I was 6 or 7 years old and the family were on holiday, for some reason we kids (my elder sister, brother and twin brother) were with my father, and I fell into the boating pool, because it was the only change that he had, and again I don't know why, my Dad put me into my sister's bathing costume, from that day on I was hooked.

Shoes glorious shoes rachellegsep's Avatar
    After a run of the school play I was in at age 11 we had an after party whose theme was turn around. My mother dressed me up. From that day I was hooked. I loved the feel of the satin dress , stockings and suspenders and stillettoes. Spent the next few years trying on her clothing at every available chance.
    In search of muliebrity

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

So long ago

Difficult to be certain but i am pretty sure lipstick was my first love and mums leather gloves. High heels came later but ........

As Flip Wilson always said "The Devil made me do it!" I was around 7 years old, the clothes where there, I was there, and as they say the rest is history!
    Tina
    But come to think of it, I had an older sister, that was in a very formal club, and she had 50's style formals by the closet load, with hoop skirts, crinoline slips, heels and all the stuff that a little cross dresser could dream of!
    Tina
    Last edited by Tina B.; 02-27-2009 at 06:03 PM. Reason: bad grammer and spelling ewwwww!

Aspiring Member
    it's interesting that as many times as this thread has been asked, i found some new answers on here, i don't know how to find out if any one has changed their story. it just seems that this thread was answered a little differently. a lot of the previous answers contained "it started with (panties)(pantyhose)(shoes)(slips)(girdles) or some such things but this tread was answered slightly different.

This question gets asked almost every week or at least once a month.. but I think it's a good question.... truth is I started way back when I was a preschool aged child (pervert?) and the way it was for me was seeing my moms shoes (heels) and she dressed for the proms and other functions at the school where my dad taught.. my brother and I played a game called Charlie dress up and we would wear dads clothes.. then one day we played and I put on moms stuff.. it felt great and I'm very much a cross dresser although at the time I didn't know what it was called..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...