Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: has this forum changed you?

has this forum changed you?

I was wondering if this forum site has changed you,,, since I have become a memebr I have posted a face picture,,, visited three different stores openly shopping for myself and trying on at the store and checked out the site daily,,,, I think this site has made me more open and a little----no alot more out of the closet and was wondering if this site has has the same effect on other members?
    Only friends can call me Amy,,, so if your reading this your a friend.

The Band QUEEN Quote " I want to be free"

In one word yes. Weird as this is going to sound it has made me feel more normal

Lora

All I want is a world somewhere, a place to wear pretty underwear
    A dress, some makeup, hose and heels
    OH wouldn't it be loverly

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"---Helen Keller

Not really... I was this wackey before I joined!! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Yes. This site made me truly realize just how worldwide crossdressing is. Also, if it wasn't for this site I doubt I would have had the courage to go outside. I came here and (apparently?) saw so many people talking about, and actually going out, as if it was nothing. I thought to myself, if they can do it so can I! That was the trigger for me to get out there and do it. That was like 4 years ago ... now look at me! I go out all the time and it's (almost) normal!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Sure, it has changed me. More bold. Shopping for dresses. Trying them on. Out for coffee and dinner.

Yes it has changed me. Now I love to go out wearing sandals with painted toe nails and long shiny nails. Go shopping and browse with the women and not worry about what they think.
    Just follow in Karrens steps.

This forum has changed me in more ways than I can count. When I first found it by mistake a couple years ago, I was deeply in the closet. Denying my my desires and feeling guilty and ashamed. I have since become more comfortable with myself. I have started the process of coming out to my wife in baby steps, so far so good.

For good or bad, my dressing has also progressed. I have become comfortable shopping, even trying on a few times in stores. I now have a much bigger stash than before, and have spent a lot of money. I spend a lot more time on the computer than I used too, looking at this site.

All of you have done a lot for me, and I appreciate it.

Jaydee

I hear of the other girls going out and having fun and then ask myself "what's stopping me from doing the same?" Nothing. So, I just go out and do it. I'll do just about anything I do dressed as I would do in drab. That includes changing the oil in my truck! I just don't trust those quicky lube places with any of my rides!
    The views expressed in this post are not necessarily the views expressed in this post.

Twitter @beth785cd

Oh yeah!!!! I'm slowly turning into a closeted male....

YES in just a year I have found people just like me.
    I have went out dresed by my self and felt great but so scard at the same time. I felt that the first time I posted hear. But now I have a home and I can not say how this makes me fill. Just love and happyness .
    Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

pam

I'm not sure yet

On my good days this forum gives me hope and something to strive for. On my not so good days, it makes me feel ugly and hopeless. Either way it has motivated me to perfect my look. It has given me the feeling that I'm not alone in the world, but it still seems disconnected or distant. It is more than likely of my own doing, however.

Oh yes this place is like gasoline on a fire . if you wanted to dress and be feminine this place is very comforting. It will make you try and do things you never dreamed of

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Very much so. I have opened up to so many here and thats a HUGE step in itself.
    For the most part I used to keep to myself and not talk to too many people.
    I thought of TGism as something to stay away from and at odds with my inner feelings.
    The night I came here I learned I was among friends that felt as I did.
    Kudos to all here.
    I have lived thru some pretty rough times gang life, drug addiction,war etc and it has taken its toll.Have had some great times too "riding the lightning" (rock and roll on the big stage) but coming here has sparked a goodness I forgot I had so thanks to all that have become friends I owe it to you girls/guys.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 02-21-2009 at 12:02 AM.

Yes, but I think it is goes beyond this site. The internet and social networking has enabled people to communicate openly and anonymously. This allows you to learn from other people's experiences which otherwise you may never be possible. There is also, personal growth and maturity which was required at some level to even seek out and join a forum like this one. After reading about everyone's experiences, the personal growth has accelerated.

Banned Read only

Smile

I thought that the things in my head were only in my head. I mean , I was aware that many CDs were definately having the same thoughts both normal and wild ones but I never thought that they were so close to mine . Someone in the one thread talks about having girly feelings even in guy mode . My wife told me that this is true for me too. I never believed her before but now it is different. The forum has improved our relationship by making me understand the churning that I often do inside.
    And of course there are a number of intelligent people here showering us with suggestions to make a happier life . What more can some one ask for .

Tina

In-n-Out / Back-n-Forth / Shannon's Avatar
    This forum has been such a positive experience in my life. It has changed me so that now I've gone out en femme in public and enjoyed it; I told my wife about my dressing before we got married; I shop confidently regardless of what I'm wearing; I openly wear nail polish on my toenails. This list of details could go on... But the biggest change is that Shannon is now more Shannon than she ever could have been without this forum.

I am NOT a junior sob sob Edwina's Avatar
    Yes it has. When I found it I was desperate to learn more to explain my attraction for things feminine. I was gradually acquiring a "stash" of garments and thought I had reached my limit. That is before I started reading some of Karren's exploits I found myself compelled to buy a wig. Well that was the turning point for me. I then had to try breast forms and make up and then I ventured out in daylight.
    The last time was when I decided to fetch my amp from the repair shop dressed as Edwina. The reaction I had from the owner's wife was fantastic and I felt on top of the world for days.
    The support and encouragement I received from others here, including Miss Karren (you have a lot to answer for girl ), has helped me enormously.
    Thanks to all

Edwina

Just an average girl Carole Cross's Avatar
    When I found this site I was still uncertain if I wanted to transirion and I was still in the closet. I have since decided that I do want to transition and have started going out in public.
    I dont think without the help of the people here, and another site, that I would be at the stage that I am today.
    I would like to thank everyone here for helping me to discover who I am.
    Last edited by Carole Cross; 02-21-2009 at 05:17 AM.
    living the dream

Not necessarily. Although since being here, I have integrated and organized all of my feelings under one aegis.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

To a certain dergree yes. I knew I was a cross dress before I joined. What has been interesting to learn is how young most of were when we started. Another interesting area is to what degree we all crossdress. Joining this site has encouraged me to explore somethings I would not have tried on my own.

One unintentional benefit is that there is better communication with my wife. There seems to be one constant theme through all of the responses and it is "talk it over with your wife". In my case it has worked. She supports and encourages me. It has been a fun journey so far.
    If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

I don't think it has really changed me. I have talked of thing here that I don;t think I would have told anyone I;m in face to face contact with.
    Angie

I'd say it has a little bit, I do post on another cd site but since coming here I would say i've gained a little more confidence, bought myself some outfits to call my own and most importantly of all, told my mum.

Yes it has for me also, it made it possible I feel to finally come out to my SO. I've also lost fear of going out and buying some things that I wanted as well, most of the fear anyway, some is still there.

Its great to be able to interact with other cd's and see that we're all the same, yet so very different. I wish I joined now years ago when I first breezed thru here.

It has changed me immensely. Before coming here I wasn't aware of how many people felt the same way I do. I can say things here that I wouldn't have ever dreamed of saying elsewhere. I have learned things here about myself. I have learned tricks to make me look and feel better. I have met some people (online) that I feel comfortable talking with about some personal things that I could never do face to face which is something I really needed.

Due to circumstances beyond my control I am unable to dress the way I feel. Although I am not dressed, coming to this forum and talking with the other girls here fills the void just a little and may be what is currently keeping me sane. Even in "guy" mode I can come in here and feel like Lisa.

I have been tossing around writing a thank you thread to all of the lovely ladies I have met here that have helped me. I just can't really seem to put it in words how much some of you have really helped me out.

Has it changed me?

Thank you.

change

yes. my life has changed a lot since i found this site and all the wonderfull
    girls. if not for this site i would still be in the closet. but now i have been out
    enfemm severl times. again a big thanks and hugs around for all.