Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: has this forum changed you?

In the short time I've been here I've become a lot more accepting of myself. Just reading the posts and having that feeling of not being alone in the world is comforting. I also have done a lot more shopping and stopped telling SAs that I need a gift receipt. I've gone and tried on some shoes at a store in guy mode and have talked about being a cd more openly with my real life friends.

Sometimes I think of this forum as one big global community based, mutual/self group that never stops.

And it has been somewhat helpful in adding to the self acceptance of who I fully am.

And I thank all the ladies here for that!

Kate

Absolutely !!!!

This Forum has helped bring me out of my shell; has allowed me to have

someone to talk to who understands; has given me comfort in times of need;

and has given me confidence to persevere and to actually post pictures of

JoAnne - This Forum is invaluable to all of us.

JoAnne Wheeler

Yes, yes, yes. This forum has been a tremendous boost to my confidence. I have learned so much from the ladies here from shaving, to dressing and makeup application. Thanks to all of you and keep sharing your experiences.

old enough to know better
    Absolutely. I am more comfortable with myself. There is still the fear of being found out, but there are times (a second here and there) when my attitude is “so what.” As I have said before, my wife does not need this burden, so I will remain hidden. But if she did find out...

It is just so nice to know that if the crap hits the fan, there are people that will understand and perhaps be able give guidance.

Hugs
    BekiJ

It has helped in the sense that I have a better understanding of the range of crossdressing and where I fit into that spectrum. I know my comfort zone and better understand other levels which are exciting and interesting but not necessarily a fit for me. Oh yes, and I seem to be under dressing more.

Absolutely

Pretty much everything you said initially applies to me too. I am still learning the way along the road but this site has been absolutely invaluable to me.

Banned Read only
    Jolan Tru,

No, this forum hasn't changed me. I am like I was before, and I will stay that way. However, this forum helped me a lot. I got encouragement when my depression reached a critical point. If I weren't found this forum, I would probably commit a suicide. I appreciate the help and responses I've received.

I am still in the closet insofar as I have never ventured out en femme, and I may never do, so but I have come out to myself and acknowledged that I am not unique but share a predisposition common to many others. I now feel a lot more at home in my own skin and enjoy being what I am.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Sapphire

Changed me, yes!

This forum has changed me dramatically. Before I started with the girls here I was depressed and on alot of meds. Since reading here, I have reduced my depression considerably. I came out to my wife who with the help I found here has become accepting. I am more Edy to day than at any time since childhood when I was Edy. I am so much more pleasant, relaxed and outgoing since I discovered the girls here. Their acceptance, wisdom and experience has helped me grow. I have come to accept myself both the Ed and Edy parts and integrate them more every day. I can't expression the feelings of gratitude for the acceptance of the sisterhood here. I love ya all!

Thanks and hugs Edy

This site helped me in numerous ways. After coming here I was able to say to myself that I was a CDer, also the SO knows about my hobby. I don't know if it is a hobby or not because I still have a lot of questions about myself. The adventures and questions posed by the girls here have made me think and look at myself and see if it applied to me and how. It has also shown me that theripy was needed for my journey if I was to change into a likable (to like myself/others to like me) person.

Oh yeah, in a big way.

Since joining a few months ago (among other things) I have,

Come out to the wife
    Applied make up to myself and worn a wig
    Taken photo of tash and posted online
    Met another CDer in person from this forum
    Chatted online to other members of this forum
    Gained a pretty good understanding of myself
    Gained a pretty good understanding of others and how great we are

None of which I thought would be remotely possible 6 months ago. Maybe one day I'll venture out past the front door

Cheers

Tash

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry-Stephanie View Post
    Oh yeah!!!! I'm slowly turning into a closeted male....
    DITTO!

When I first found this website, I was struggling with understanding everything. Through this process of searching for understanding, I did the following:
    1) Told my wife
    2) Increased my clothes (quit purging out of guilt)
    3) Went out for the first time
    4) Met other crossdressers
    5) Realized the most important lesson of all.

No matter what I wear or what surgery I may have - I'm still me. That is the single biggest benefit to this website. It assisted me in discovering who I really was and not to hate myself for these feelings.
    Michelle

Definitely

This website has been a very big help. It has given me more confidence, has let me see that there are so many others out there who think and feel the same as I do, has helped me get some things straight, and is a source of information.

This can only be good, and help towards us getting at peace with ourselves. If only the web was around years ago.....

And as Lora says -

Quote Originally Posted by Lora Olivia View Post
    it has made me feel more normal

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar

On the whole, I think it has given me a wider view of the world and the folk living in it.
    There has been no change in the "me" that you see around, but I never dreamt of chatting to so many people, never really knew there were so many of us.

~Samm

It definitely has changed me. Not sure what the result will be.

I definitely have another reason to lose some extra weight now.

I have a lot more cloths.

I did two days at Halloween dressed last year.

I am much more comfortable about myself and less worried about what others think.

After getting over a pink fog when I first found this site by accident. I think it has been a good thing.

Brina

I guess when I arrived I was not a very happy bunny... Things had gone very wrong elsewhere and I was a bit lost... I've seen the forum change in that time... I find it a really nice place to be now (I don't know if that is partly due to my own evolution...) and I've found some wonderful friends here... Very special people.

I've not been particularly influenced in my choices, but it is nice to be somewhere where there's a helping hand if needed...

I guess this is the kind of moment when you thank everyone for their efforts for making this place a second home... Thanks Angels
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Lisa's right... the strength of the forum is the people who are involved and in the short time I have been here I hav ebeen amazed at the support, friendliness, experience and know-how of everyone.

Long believed there was no such thing as a stupid question and this is so true. Every thread I have read/contributed to casues me to think about things slightly differently... which is what learning and growth are about.

Am I different...? Outwardly possibly not, but inwardly I feel I have grown and understand more, and this has caused me to seriously think about my next steps. Do I want to stay as things are? Or do I want to move forward. At the moment it is the latter. Could I have done that without the help of everyone here? Possibly... but I am not sure that I would!

So... hell yes!

I wish I had this forum when I was a teenager. Yes, it has changed me and made me feel better about myself.

Absolutely!!! All for the better.

No closet is big enough!

Yes it has. There are other experiences that has contributed to my growth as a CD, bu this forum has been the integral part of my development.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Let's see, since I Joined I...
    Started shaving my legs..
    Started shaving my arms and hands.
    signed up for laser hair removal
    drove thru the Mc Donald's drive through en femme
    started to seriously talk to my therapist
    I have changed, and I feel much better for it.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

You could say that life has changed for me...

I have been here like 2 weeks and in that time I have gone from hiding all of my clothes from everyone (tough my wife knew about them I still hid them from her) and never even contemplating going out in public; to looking forward to going out to MAC next time I am in Chicago and getting makeup... My clothes are hanging in my closet, on hangers, my wife has seen me in my enormous size 14 heels, and loves me more because I told her... and I can totally see myself going out en Femme. Not near where I live - but I live in rural 'merica.

When I came here I had accepted myself for who I am - and vowed never to purge again - but I never imagined I might feel this happy about it.

So... yah - you could say life has changed, is changing... for the better.

Smile

This site has changed my life in the fact there are so many others like me out there. This is a lonely life for me here because I could never share this with anyone in my life. Maybe a good shrink would help.Someday someone will find out and I will have to try to explain. Coming here and reading about all of you and your experences has given me courage and made me feel better about myself.

Oh you bet it has. It has given me advice, friendship, confidence and knowledge to be comfortable with who I am. Who am I? I am a Crossdresser and not a freak of nature. I am also not a lone in my journey to understanding. Thank you Cross Dressers.com