Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I give up!! Gave in...

I give up!! Gave in...

Well Saturday my wife started in on me how my nails looking girle. And ya know how I like to push the subject from time to time but there comes a point where me having nice girlis nails just isn't worth the agravation.. Isn't worth adding friction to our relationship..

So I went into the bathroom and pulled out the clippers and chopped them all off!! Yeah they looked nice but seriously they were a pain in the ass to take care of any way... Sure glad I didn't throw away all my stickon nails!! Lol.

She does let a lot of things slip by.. Body hair being a biggie.. And thin eye brows.. And she let's me play all the ice hockey I want!!

After I did the deed... she was very happy and we had a great weekend!!

So there.. I gave in!! Call me a wuss but maritial bliss is more important to me at this stage of my life...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Sorry Karren, I'm not sure what to say??

You don't hear the phrase "Pick your battles" all the time for no reason, sounds like you made the wise choice.

I am glad to say I don't have that problem though.

Kathryn Janos
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post

So there.. I gave in!! Call me a wuss but maritial bliss is more important to me at this stage of my life...
    I think you did a good thing. The right thing, who knows, but a good one nonetheless! A supportive wife/SO is so important.
    "Thoughts are the shadows of feelings, always darker, emptier, and simpler. I don't care if they're fake or real, I just thank them for showing up at all. I have black periods. Who does not? But they are part of me; they are not a part of illness, but a part of my being. What am I saying? I have the courage to have them. Four o' clock in the morning. This sucks." - Alkaline Trio - Warbrain (First line courtesy of Nietzsche)
    WARNING: Sarcasm, dry humor, witticisms, and a twisted sense of humor is likely to be present in this post. Please read accordingly. If you are uncertain of my intention, PM me before posting a hasty response that will only serve to embarrass you. If necessary, I will clarify the confusion.

Next thing you know, you'll give up being a Pirates fan. LOL

Sounds like it was a difficult choice to make but one that worked out best overall. Yeah we do have to choose our battles. Good for you!

Yeah, long nails aren't all they are cracked up to be Karr. They are kind of a PITA for us active types.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Well Saturday my wife started in on me how my nails looking girle. And ya know how I like to push the subject from time to time but there comes a point where me having nice girlis nails just isn't worth the agravation.. Isn't worth adding friction to our relationship..

So I went into the bathroom and pulled out the clippers and chopped them all off!! Yeah they looked nice but seriously they were a pain in the ass to take care of any way... Sure glad I didn't throw away all my stickon nails!! Lol.

She does let a lot of things slip by.. Body hair being a biggie.. And thin eye brows.. And she let's me play all the ice hockey I want!!

I can't say I understand the dynamic in your marriage. I'm glad you have a means of making it work that is mutually beneficial!

Sorry you had to chop your nails off, but that's why God made stickons

Hi Karren - my Spouse objects to my nails fom time to time about being too long - I just take it with a grain of salt because she knows when the nails get long, dress up time is around the corner

JoAnne Wheeler

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    You made the right choice "grass hopper", now you may leave the monastery !

I think you did the right thing.... as above, gotta pick your battles carefully.

well just so long as you made the choice for YOUR reasons.. and not hers. It's like smoking, if you do it for your mate or so what happens if the relationship doesn't work out? your whole reason for quiting goes away. you did the right thing for you right? Then nothing to worry about. Carol

Lol... After 33 years of marriage I doubt the relationship is in jepordy.. Though 3 years ago I would have not said that... And yeah I did it for me... So she would be happy which intern makes my life easier!! Plus long nails doesn't cause cancer in laboratory rat!

.......My Photos

Too bad there is no such thing as velcro nails or magnetic paint that holds on false nails! I think my wife likes back scratches better when I have a little bit of nail...but I think she would side with your wife.

I'd do the same Karen,and have. I'm ten years ahead of you in marrage, but I'll still do anything to save it. Besides, she knows where all the money is! I'm sure I wouldn't like living in the poor house, even with long nails.
    Anna Kate

Kathryn Janos
    Quote Originally Posted by anna kate View Post
    I'd do the same Karen,and have. I'm ten years ahead of you in marrage, but I'll still do anything to save it. Besides, she knows where all the money is! I'm sure I wouldn't like living in the poor house, even with long nails.
    Anna Kate
    And this is why I am going to be certain to get a pre-nup.
    "Thoughts are the shadows of feelings, always darker, emptier, and simpler. I don't care if they're fake or real, I just thank them for showing up at all. I have black periods. Who does not? But they are part of me; they are not a part of illness, but a part of my being. What am I saying? I have the courage to have them. Four o' clock in the morning. This sucks." - Alkaline Trio - Warbrain (First line courtesy of Nietzsche)
    WARNING: Sarcasm, dry humor, witticisms, and a twisted sense of humor is likely to be present in this post. Please read accordingly. If you are uncertain of my intention, PM me before posting a hasty response that will only serve to embarrass you. If necessary, I will clarify the confusion.

I have only grown my nails out a bit once or twice. She never said anything, but I could feel the "stare". So I chopped mine off too. I like the convenience of press on or whatever nails. That way i can have 'em as long as I wish, and can go straight back to guy mode, with little fuss.

Just curious, when your nails were longish, did they make your hockey gloves feel misfitted? Also no way a Steeler's fan can be a wuss. I think that's part of their background check---no wusses allowed!!!!!
    The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.
    - Dolly Parton

In the closet - for now. Shadeauxmarie's Avatar

Marital bliss

Two rules for marital bliss:

1) When momma ain't happy, NOBODY'S happy.
    2) When in doubt, refer to rule #1.
    May you live long and prosper.
    Infinite diversity in infinite combinations.
    "Smiling makes my face ache." F. N. Furter

Quote Originally Posted by Kelli Michelle View Post
    Just curious, when your nails were longish, did they make your hockey gloves feel misfitted? Also no way a Steeler's fan can be a wuss. I think that's part of their background check---no wusses allowed!!!!!
    Matter of fact... I did wear a couple holes in my right glove (I shoot left) and went out and thanks to my vast knowledge of Joann's Fabrics, bought some leather and I glued a piece in using fabric glue... Which astonished the guys on my hockey team who were amazed I knew how to do that!! Lol.

.......My Photos

Kathryn Janos
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadeauxmarie View Post
    Two rules for marital bliss:

1) When momma ain't happy, NOBODY'S happy.
    2) When in doubt, refer to rule #1.
    This is "The customer is always right" philosophy. It's the same one that sets me off on a homicidal rampage. Ladies, you're not always right, especially if your man considers himself to be partly woman!

Good call Karren

Having been married 33 years I also agree some battles aren't worth the fight.

Rachel

Give and take

Karen I think you did the right thing. I may not be married as long as you, or as long as some of the other ladies here. But in my short thirteen year marriage one thing I have learned is there has to be some give and take on both sides to make it work. So thats all I can say about that. Have a great week.

Bethany
    One day your life is going to pass before your eye's, Make sure it is worth watching.

Eddie Izzard said it best "I am an action tranvestite".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bethanyannstratford/

Matter of fact... I did wear a couple holes in my right glove (I shoot left) and went out and thanks to my vast knowledge of Joann's Fabrics, bought some leather and I glued a piece in using fabric glue... Which astonished the guys on my hockey team who were amazed I knew how to do that!! Lol.
    Some of my friends are amazed when I do something like that, but not the close ones. All my close friends know that I do my own prop and costume work.

Press-on nails have saved several marriages.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar

Partial pity

Sad Karen, but I am keeping mine. however, I admit that at this time of year when I am becoming active in the garden, I tend to lose mine involuntary like. Two went for a burton today when I wa around thirty feet up a tree, removing its crown.
    So, I sorta know what yo feel. Loss due to circs.

~Samm

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by SherriePall View Post
    Press-on nails have saved several marriages.

Hmmm! Maybe they should put that in their adverising...

Think we could get them to sponsor an international CD dot com conference?