Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why do women like cd

Where are you finding all these GGs who like to chat with you ? What do

they talk about ? What do you tell them ? How do they react ? What do

they really think of you ?

JoAnne Wheeler

"I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

Zorro with a makeup brush BeckiB's Avatar
    I have chatted with many GG's and men for that matter since I started dressing. I am not sure I have been "hit on" much. I think for the most part we are fairly rare or unique. People see images of CDers normally shown in a bad light so when they see us out in public looking relativeely normal and acting the same their curiousity peaks. If you are at the mall and blending in for the most part I have never had a bad situation. I think it is easy to tell I am a male but I do my best to fit in and that makes it easier for people to talk to me.

I have to say that I am also the type that if I see someone staring I will go over and talk to them. I have met some womderful people this way and I don't mind answering the questions. Someone else had a thread about are we doing enough. I think this does a lot more to forward our cause than a protest or a march. Hearts and minds are won one at a time.

My wife and I had a talk about this. I have some very good GG friends who will go out with me as Stephanie and have fun shopping, etc. Now my wife is not interested in doing that and I asked her about the difference between her and my friends. She said that my GG friends do not have to go home with me and have a sexual relationship. They just want to be friends and are not sexually attracted to either my female or male self. My wife married a guy and wants the guy around. So it may be that GGs are not "threatened" because they think we are gay, but just want a friend and tend to make friends easier with women whether they have a "package" or not. It's probably more complex than that though!

Love.
    Stephanie
    Stephanie Kay

"We all just want to be loved!"

Sorry for posting word-by-word what I just posted in another thread (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...56#post1633656), but I think that it applies here as well:

Quote Originally Posted by jruiz View Post
    I'm sorry to disperse the thick pink fog that blocks our sight and our thoughts, but it is very rare that GGs are attracted to crossdressing.

This is a recurrent theme here in this forum. I think that we want to believe that. But the truth is that most heterosexual girls like men that look like men and act like men.

Some girls are with crossdressers... sure, it's true. But they originally fell in love with the guy-looking guy. Then, they tolerated or allowed the CD. And maybe later, as an act of love, they accepted and enjoyed it. However (and solely based in a lot of stories from this forum), very few of them are turned on or want to have sex with her partners while they are dressed. Most of those who accept don't want to be part of it.

Love first. CD accepting/attracted later. Not very common the opposite (a GG looking for the perfect CD blue prince).

As I said jruiz... they are out there, but they already know the 'scene' and are known in it... Some forums also have more females actively seeking cd's... Not really seen many here... Only one that I'm aware of, but on others they are very visible, and can be quite forward.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Banned Read only battybattybats's Avatar
    Sorry for posting word-by-word what I just posted in another thread (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...56#post1633656), but I think that it applies here as well:
    I think about the amount of teenage girls who plastered their walls with images of David Bowie, of Boy George, of Tim Curry as Dr Frankenfurter...

And not just the 80's teens either as these days it's Marilyn Manson, Davey Havok of AFI...

While a minority there are indeed of GG's who are attracted to transgender they aren't minute. I even know one in my own town, sadly attached. She's also attracted to effeminate but non-transgender guys too and one of them has already snapped her up. But it was an interesting conversation we had after I came out to her and she's suddenly showing me all these pics of transgender people she thought were particularly hot including several friends of hers both from online and offline.

And there have been a few GGs here who have made no secret of their attraction to CDs too. One Big Brother Australia contestant spoke of her ideal sexual partner being transgender!

I'm sure plenty of these GGs are in the closet about their attractions, and plenty have been snapped up by GMs cause all the TG folk were in the closet when they were available.

The question is, are there as many TG-attracted GGs as there are TGs attracted to GGs? I suspect there could be.

But even if there are they will likely be scattered and will struggle with all the social pressures against TGs too so many may keep their desires secret and instead marry the kind of husband their family and friends want them to.

We'll only know for sure when we break down enough of societies transphobia.

Two nights as a Lady....

A local charity does a drag show as a fundraiser. Two times after that show I went out with a group from the event. It was all safe and no one suspected that I liked dressing as much as I do! lol

I was shocked at the amount of women that approached me. Many asked "what it felt like for a guy to dress"?, a few asked "did I have a new appreciation of how hard it is to be a female"? Many said "Wow, you must be a great guy to want to go this far for charity"

The best, and yet, most suprising part of the evening were the women that asked if they could kiss me...a few said they had bisexual fantasies, that they never acted on and they wanted to see what it was like to kiss a woman in a "safe" way.

I've been to that bar as a guy a few times and nary a connection with anyone...All in all, if you want to do well with women...dress as a a woman !

I think the ones that chat you up as you say have many various reasons, some curiousity, some maybe other 'intentions' on their mind.

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    I agree with the majority of observations here.... but...

I believe that times "They are a changin'". I have noticed, on a dating site I belong to, that younger women are fine with CD's. The majority of users on this site are over 35 ( I think ) and that gives a particular view point. It is very accurate to say that women over 35 do not seek out CD's very often. Too bad for us, but the next generation down is very different. I am not sure I would say that a lot of the younger women on that site are actively seeking out CD's, but they obviously do not mind them one bit when you contact them. My biggest problem is that I am too old for them. BUT, if were 27 or so, I would be doing fine there.

Well, I'm not saying that they do not exist, just that they are not too frequent.

Many girls would approach, but being curious is not the same as being attracted.

Just read the stories in this forum. Many people struggling with their SO. Some of them with accepting wives, but usually after struggling a lot with it. It's rare to find a girls naturally attracted to CDs.

I've never read a story of a CD coming out and the SO telling "That's great, I'm so relieved. I was about to ask you to dress". I'm just trying to be honest here. I do crossdress, but I don't expect ladies to be attracted to it.

I know that some bearded ladies are happily married with guys that love them and that are attracted to them very much. Just most guys don't. And yes, these bearded ladies might be excellent professionals, have fun and go out and have a plenty life.

Sorry for not sugar coating things, but that's what I think.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by bernadine View Post
    At my first time go out dressed up, Can any one tell me why so many women tried to chat me up. Has this happened to others.
    please let us in on your special place

Quote Originally Posted by CharleneT View Post
    I believe that times "They are a changin'". I have noticed, on a dating site I belong to, that younger women are fine with CD's. The majority of users on this site are over 35 ( I think ) and that gives a particular view point. It is very accurate to say that women over 35 do not seek out CD's very often. Too bad for us, but the next generation down is very different. I am not sure I would say that a lot of the younger women on that site are actively seeking out CD's, but they obviously do not mind them one bit when you contact them. My biggest problem is that I am too old for them. BUT, if were 27 or so, I would be doing fine there.
    I have to second the notion about the "younguns" being much more okay with gender flexiblity than older women. Prior to getting married last fall, I was out and about as a girl for a couple of years, going drinking and clubbing pretty regularly. I have to say, it was pretty much a no-brainer that I would meet at least one girl a night who was completely enamored with me. Without question I was more successful with girls while dressed than as a boy.

I think it has a lot to do with the non-threatening aspect of it. Unlike your average uber-macho douchebag at a bar, a guy in heels is pretty likely to not be a date rapist. Plus, you bring something different to the table. It's a great icebreaker and then the girl finds out that you're an interesting person and fun to hang out with...and then...

I do have to agree with "GGs are okay with crossdressing as long as it's not their husband". There is a big difference between having drinks or hooking up with a guy in a dress and staying with that person for the long term.
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

Are we talking chatting up, or just chatting to?

My experience is conversation is easy - but women don't tend to see us as targets to get into bed unless they are admirers (there are a few, but they're not that common) or lesbian and see you as femme?

Quote Originally Posted by beenherelongtime View Post
    i'm sure most of the unattached cds on this forum would like to know where you go because they are not lucky enough to meet ggs that accept them.
    Acceptance by genetic women is, I would suggest, by far the norm?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaK View Post
    I have to say, it was pretty much a no-brainer that I would meet at least one girl a night who was completely enamored with me. Without question I was more successful with girls while dressed than as a boy.
    Hey! A kindred spirit! I do meet and hook up with girls in guy mode, but I do even better in girl mode. And yes, I do mean more than just friends! I could do without hearing of the "girl troubles" though (they know damn well I can't commiserate, but unload anyway), but the ends justify the means, as they say....

Quote Originally Posted by LisaK View Post
    I think it has a lot to do with the non-threatening aspect of it. Unlike your average uber-macho douchebag at a bar, a guy in heels is pretty likely to not be a date rapist.
    Sharing the mirror in the ladies' loo to touch up lipstick, then having her drag you home... that's quite an interesting experience.

One thing, though... other than looking the part, I don't pretend to be a girl. I always use my natural voice, my real name, and don't really act much differently than I normally do. I don't know what's going on, but it's working for me. Life is a blast since I escaped the closet!

Prost!

If others do and you don't.....then???

Quote Originally Posted by Intertwined View Post
    T

When you are comfortable, that shows.

Example: Your out at a club, there is a CD or GG, off in the corner, head down, looking almost like cat in a room full of dogs, towards the center of the room, there is another CD or GG, head up, shoulders back, smile on their face, obviously enjoying themselves, which one would you talk to first?
    This is meant to bring up a question and not be mean. I hope I can make it sound that way. Intertwined has a good point in the quote above and a lot of others have made similar points. My question is this. If so many of the girls on this forum have so much success talking, chatting, getting hit on by GG's in public and you dont..... you might want to ask yourself what you're doing wrong!

Silver Member
    My personal experience is that some GGs will hit on you and others will just want to talk to someone they see as non-threatening in a sexual way---whichever it is, my advice is to just relax and enjoy it.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by JoannaCaroline View Post
    If so many of the girls on this forum have so much success talking, chatting, getting hit on by GG's in public and you dont..... you might want to ask yourself what you're doing wrong!

I believe, just as Intertwined suggests, that confidence or self-esteem is the biggest factor in attracting women. If you have it, it doesn't matter how you're dressed, or how handsome/ugly/fat/skinny/tall/short/weird you are. You'll see that couple now and then, and wonder "how did that ugly ******* land a babe like that?" That's the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by MissConstrued View Post
    One thing, though... other than looking the part, I don't pretend to be a girl. I always use my natural voice, my real name, and don't really act much differently than I normally do. I don't know what's going on, but it's working for me. Life is a blast since I escaped the closet!
    Same here. The only place where I'm "Lisa" anymore is on Teh Interweb. In the real world I just go by my real name (which is unisex in pronunciation, if not in spelling).
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

I think in 1983, Cyndi Lauper said it best. [SIZE="3"]"Girls Just Want to Have Fun"[/SIZE]
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

PVC Crazy Member iwearstockings's Avatar
    women that don't know you from Adam are intrigued by it .. I have been asked all sorts of questions by GG's I have met in clubs. Of course they are the GG that went to such clubs in the first place..
    Peace through superior dress sense..

PVC Crazy Member iwearstockings's Avatar
    Well, I'm not saying that they do not exist, just that they are not too frequent.

Many girls would approach, but being curious is not the same as being attracted.

Just read the stories in this forum. Many people struggling with their SO. Some of them with accepting wives, but usually after struggling a lot with it. It's rare to find a girls naturally attracted to CDs.

I've never read a story of a CD coming out and the SO telling "That's great, I'm so relieved. I was about to ask you to dress". I'm just trying to be honest here. I do crossdress, but I don't expect ladies to be attracted to it.

I know that some bearded ladies are happily married with guys that love them and that are attracted to them very much. Just most guys don't. And yes, these bearded ladies might be excellent professionals, have fun and go out and have a plenty life.

Sorry for not sugar coating things, but that's what I think.
    That is very well put I feel.
    Peace through superior dress sense..

As the twig is bent... Leslie Foxx's Avatar
    I've been chatted up and even hit on, mostly by younger GGs (thirty and under crowd) nearly every time I go out. These have been both straight and lesbian GGs. For some it was "where can I get shoes like that?". Some are curious in a friendly, non threatened way. Some want to feel my boobs. Others just want to dance, and one even invited me home with her. I declined, when I discovered she lived just around the corner from my home.

Most all of my tgirl friends have had similar experiences whether they are out for the evening, shopping, or just having a cup of coffee somewhere.

In general, I've found most of the GGs who are of my generation are much more stand offish.
    [SIZE="3"]Leslie[/SIZE]

"In these shoes?"