Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How many of you have gotten laughed at while dressed in public?

[I]Not laughed at but...[/I]

My second time out, (I've only been out twice), I got a little over confident, and got read big time by a car full of teenage males, as I stood at a crosswalk waiting to cross. One guy yells out as they pass, "f***ing fag".
    Got my heart going......
    Other than that just the normal stares..
    I did get a couple of nice little coy smiles from an elderly lady at a mall and a young women salewomen at a bed and bath store.
    I believe it's part of the territory......

A passing motorist yelled at me once " you look like a girl you faggot!" once when I was out jogging. I had on womens short shorts, shaved legs, ankle socks & my hair in a ponytail........... I guess I looked like a girl from the back

A beard and a skirt, what ever floats your boat. I was in guy mode, and went to ajust my bra strap, with out thinking, the lady behind me in line at the grocery store, just giggled.

Dark Sultry Goddess Sweet Jeanette's Avatar
    I, ----Have done things, --You would not believe!!!
    [SIZE="3"][50 miles from ANYWHERE![/I][/SIZE]

Out to be Humiliated
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Jeanette
    I, ----Have done things, --You would not believe!!!
    Lets hear it!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Yes, I know....I've already posted in this thread but.......

Quote Originally Posted by Anne_0
    I'm being called 'love' or 'dear' a lot more often, which tells me my looks are improving.
    Well, not "love" but twice when I've been out en femme I have been called "honey".

Quote Originally Posted by TV_Allie
    One guy yells out as they pass, "f***ing fag". Got my heart going......
    One time I was driving and I got what appeared to be a very annoyed guy in a truck say "f***king faggot" to me. I have no idea what upset him. I wasn't even en femme, but I was in feminized male mode. Although I didn't think I was wearing anything particularly girly
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse69
    Today as I was driving home I saw a man with a beard wearing a long skirt over whatever he was wearing. Well, as I watched him walk to "wherever" he got laughed at. Does this happen to all you other crossdressors while wearing something feminine?
    Well, a beard IS pushing it! I haven't been laughed at (that I know of), although I've gotten the hairy eyeball, among other funny looks. Good thing I'm immune to that!
    In another time's forgotten space
    Your eyes looked through your mother's face
    Wildflower seed and sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home
    - Robert Hunter

Wanna be a girl. Ibuki_Warpetal's Avatar
    I've never been out in drag but I've been laughed at by people wearing what I thought was normal at the time.

People can't control what they think is funny looking. (:
    The last name is Warpetal.
    That should have been your first clue.
    No regrets.
    WHEN YOU FIGHT YOU CAN LOSE
    BUT WHEN YOU GIVE UP YOU'VE ALREADY LOST.

Dark Sultry Goddess Sweet Jeanette's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 8fingers
    Lets hear it!
    It's all in my posts. ------Way back.
    [SIZE="3"][50 miles from ANYWHERE![/I][/SIZE]

Tristen Cox
    Ahh yes such progress this world has made when idiot @$$holes still can't think outside the box and at least call you something original. *sigh* Sorry about that. They'll get what's coming to them, prolly pulled for a DUI later on after they saw you Don't let them get to you. Not worth your time over their wimpofied insults.

Ok

I have lived my life without fear soooooo... If anyone ever tried to hurt me I would take care of bussiness, On the otherhand if someone called me a F****y or what ever I would ask them if they wanted a B**w J*b Its my nature to be fearless. I also understand those who feel intimidated. Come to Florida and dress with me, no one has the guts to mess here
    [SIZE="2"]THE DREAD PIRATESS JAMES

[/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by parris james
    I have lived my life without fear soooooo... If anyone ever tried to hurt me I would take care of bussiness, On the otherhand if someone called me a F****y or what ever I would ask them if they wanted a B**w J*b Its my nature to be fearless. I also understand those who feel intimidated. Come to Florida and dress with me, no one has the guts to mess here
    Seeing that your a cop i'd gladly hang out with you lol. No fear.

Just make sure you bring your gun and a radio for backup lol.

Aspiring Member
    No, I have never been laughed at.

Yes, teenage girls and young women are more perceptive - but I think they tend to focus on others their own age. I've had no problems with teen girls.

Fiona xx

the gender bender

So , what about it !!!

I think I have a different story , then the preceding ones !!!

I hope , that nobody will get mad , because , in life ,
    we've got to work with the tools we have .

Me , it's my built !!!
    I have large shoulders , large arms , on a large trunk ,
    on top of a thin ass and thin legs .

I could never pass for a woman . Not even a female body builder .

But , at the age of 17 , I could'nt fight the impulse of showing off
    outdoors , wearing pantyhoses & skirts . (thirty years ago)

Then , my outings became more and more frequent ,
    to the point to be fulltime CD from 27 to 31 years old .

Been to restaurants , movies , bars , concerts ,
    took the bus out of town , 1/2 hour drive to visit a girlfriend ,
    where she lived for a year . Just , anywhere I wanted !!!

Because , I wear casual clothes , with such an ease ,
    maybe , was I laughed at !!!
    So what !!! I didn't care !!!

The most agressive reaction : once (at 19 years old)
    A tourist walking behind me shouted :
    HEY !!! Can't you wear pants ???

But sometimes , I've got compliments !!! Mostly , from women !!!

Overall , the main factor why I never had any trouble
    with going public while crossdressing , is ,
    the city where I live is very tolerent towards minorities .

I'm asking , to all crossdressers of the world :
    not to be shy to go out , in public .
    It's time to get visible .
    Last edited by CJFMix; 09-01-2005 at 01:48 AM.

I've been out alot more recently and have actually not encountered the teens or anyone else ridicule. I used to be so paranoid and try to dart behind posts in the store when someone was appraoching. Now, I walk confidently and don't feel so self conscious. And I've walked right close by women, teens and guys of all ages with no problem. I've worked some on my makeup and dressed conservatively but I think it's actually more due to the way I carry myself.

Vallari (Goddess) ;)

Lightbulb I learn to avoid bowling allies...

ON my first real outing to an Olive Garden restaraunt I got laughed at. I could see out of the corner of my eye the staff giggling and pointing amongst themselves. Suprise suprise - they were college kids around my age .
    On the way out though an older female employee said "Have a good night ladies" and I thought that was cool.

On another outing at a Westgate Lanes my GF told me she overheard someone say "looks like I've found a fag to kill". So we left soon after that and I went home and changed and came back. I didn't get screwed over completely that time though, on my way out I pulled out one of my water baloon boobs and lobbed it at the front doors of the building, and when I returned back in guy mode I was a loud annoying a$$hole to everybody there except my GF of course! And she got a kick out of it!

One thing I did notice from my expierences out and about, older women tend to be more tolerant and accepting of crossdressing. I try to avoid people my own age because I know it's generally a waste of time that leads to feeling discomfort, unless of course it's in a TG friendly area.

Not that I know of, but then I never really notice what's going on around me. Besides who'd laugh at a 6' 1" Xenaesque type in 5" heels and eyes of the Devil? Besides which the boobs confuse them... Is she a he or is he a she?
    Last edited by Lisa Golightly; 09-01-2005 at 04:55 AM.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

one of my early shopping times in Fredericks, i had used a note saying i was told by a mistress to wear panties and shop, the salesgirl was laughing outside the dressing room when she brought me something. but i didnt mind as i liked the humiliation thing.
    most times shopping the salepeople were very helpful when i said i was shopping for me. and i dont wear fem clothes other than bra n panties when i shop as i couldnt pass

No doubt I've been laughed at behind my back and I agree with others teenagers are the worst.

I know I don't pass(well maybe from a distance) but I don't really care. I am just being me. I regularly used to get looks in supermarkets especially at the till when I give them a credit card that says Mr. and I've heard the assistants when they thought I was out of earshot saying he paid with a male card, but so what.

Like mand has already said we used to have a member of the northern concord who had a beard and smoked a pipe. I havn't seen them since the NC moved from the rembrand't though.

I was once in a store and I overheard a GG saying to their partner "see she's not bothered" obviously her partner was also a CD but still in the closet.

Hugs
    Sue_donim
    Hugs Sue Donim

I think therefore I am.

Integrity (being true to you own values and beliefs) goes hand in hand
    with personal responsibility (accepting the consequences of your own
    actions).

Sticks and Stones
    In another time's forgotten space
    Your eyes looked through your mother's face
    Wildflower seed and sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home
    - Robert Hunter

Smile

yes i would to have to say i have been laugh at as well over 'th years but never to 'me face. there is one time when i was in a longe 'bout 19-20 year ago in Victoria B.C. canada i was having a few drinks with a few other cder's that i knew at 'th time and there were 'bout 3 guys sitting at a table right across from us and all of a sudden we heard them saying those girls sitting right across from us were guys dressed up as girls. 'Th funny thing 'bout all this is that one of 'me mates got up and went over to them and said right them to you guys want to have a good with us good looking girls and i am telling you kid you not they all got up and just took off like a bat out of hell like i had never seen before. me mate did it just to see what would happen we had no attention on doing anything with them at all, but before she got up to go and talk to them she said these a**holes were going to give us a hard time more than likly so she took care of 'th problem before any worst could have happen you could say.

Anyhow 'th fun thing we ended up getting 'th last laugh after all in 'th end. and yes i would also have to argree that teenage girls are 'th worst as well.
    Last edited by MichelleGray502; 09-06-2005 at 10:48 AM.

i have never been laughed at while dressed. Of course I wasn't wearing a beard during my outings. If I did get laughed at it would honestly probably hinder me from going out again anytime soon but not stop me completely. I'm sure I would get over it and go out again even prouder of who I am. I haven't been anywhere extremely public besides the local city park which isn't exactly full of people so I haven't been given the opportunity yet

Not Yet!

I haven't been out yet and won't be for at least a year because I've just started! I don't care if I get laughed at - I even laugh at myself!