Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many of you have gotten laughed at while dressed in public?

Quote Originally Posted by Jayme
    I got laughed at in a shop once, not dressed but buying footwear. The sales guy at the desk wanted to know "if they were for me" and I pointed out that, yes !...I was buying for me, because if I had been buying for my cat... I'd have bought two pairs, as she has four furry little fuc*ing feet... and then I asked if it was a private joke between him and the other sales assistant, or if he'd like to call his manager into the conversation too ?... and he shut the hell up and sold me my sandals.

Lesson.... If someone laughs with you, enjoy. If they laugh at you, SLAP them if you can... or yeah, just keep walking.

XX

Jayme.
    That was "brilliant" Jayme I'l have to add that one to my "tongue fu" r[size=3]epertoire[/size].
    Last edited by Maria2004; 06-25-2005 at 03:17 PM.

While my wife and I were at Be All this year we had to make a trip to the walmart for some things. It was the first time that I had been out in public dressed other than to make the trop to Chicago for the event and I didn't hear anyone laugh while I was out. I know that I got several looks and I am sure that a few were probably looking hard but I did my best to not notice the looks. I was scared out of my witts the whole time but I got through it and I am actually looking forward to the next time that we get the chance to do something like that again. But after meeting so many lovly girls at Be All and spending so much time with them I realized that it really doesn't matter what other people think as long as you are happy with who you are and how you look.

huggs
    anna
    [SIZE=5]Be who you are not who others think you should be.
    May the Great Spirit Bless you in all things.[SIZE=2]
    My website: [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5][SIZE=2]http://360.yahoo.com/mrsanna_25
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5][SIZE=2] The Be-All Website: http://www.be-all.org/
    The National Center for Transgender Equality http://www.nctequality.org/
    [/SIZE]

[/SIZE]

Overheard

had a makeover. all girled up went to a local night club, had a great night with many [sisters] back to my room and decided to go for breakfast at dennys across the street. waitress took my order, and while waiting a couple across from me could here HIM say thats a guy his wife or girlfriend told him too shut up and dont say anything. thought i was passable but not on that night

I just bought a corset and matching outfit and walked to my car all curvy it was getting dark I was going out and some guys kept walking by my car. The doors were locked. I was talking on the phone. I had them going Those looks were not laughs. They may have been wondering how much I charged though. LOL
    you can be sarcastic as long as you smile

exceelant jayme made my day go girl does kitty look good in pumps?

I have to echo the same sentiment. Before I was married I tried to go out dressed up en femme a couple of times when I was free of family responsibilities and a bit more daring.

I walked around the mall in a pretty dress and wore the full femme ensemble, wig, shoes, makeup and jacket. For a good part of my outing things seemed cool. I even had an elderly man hold the door open for me. I was riding high. But then I really tried to be daring.

I went shopping in a Mandees to see what cute dresses and jeans I could buy. I was very naive because I didn't realize how easy teenage girls could detect a cd/tg. I was spotted and the girls giggled as they said checkout that guy wannabe girl over by the dresses.

I was composed and smiled. They smiled back and said nice dress!

So it wasn't too terrible.

However I didn't by a dress that day nor did I go out en femme after that experience.

Now when I buy dresses it's always in male mode.

Emmi

I probably have been laughed at, believe it probably happends to all of us, but often enough becouse when I did dress femme I made such a effort mostly I got compliments, I got asked why by a few people, as Im such a large person, I dont think I fooled anyone ever, i was followed in my car by a known, guy that never would go inside the gaybar, but would propose to people outside,me included, he wouldnt take no for a answer he followed me in his car as I was driving home I stopped at a traffic light I walked backed to his car and smiled, he rolled down his window when I smilled at him, and as he did I punched him clean in the face, I didnt want a guy like that knowing where I lived.

If I could go out and look like my avatar I don't think I'd have any trouble.

...and hell yeah I'm the motherf--king princess!

Out to be Humiliated
    I've definitely gotton numerous giggles from teenage girls While walking through the mall. They usually go out of their way to pass me again for a second look.

A couple weeks ago I was walking through the mall wearing black thigh highs, garter belt, pink thong and pink bra under a tight purple t-shirt and short black skirt when I hear some laughter behind me. Some teen girl comes right up to me, squeezes my breastform and asks if they were real. I said no. I'm pretty sure they got some pics from their camera phones.

I once dressed up in a very sexy, low cut black dress, high heels, black nylons and went to the store to pick up some photos I had taken of myself. While thumbing through the photo packages looking for mine, a guy kept saying, "miss, miss, oh, miss" At first I didn't know he was talking to me, so he kept saying, "miss, miss, oh, miss." I heard him, looked out the corner of my eye and saw two construction types standing and staring. I turned and looked right at them and in my best Froggy voice (you remember Froggy from Lil' Rascals), I said, "Whatcha need, pal?" Their mouths dropped wide open and I walked very nervously to the register. When I looked back at them they were hardly able to stand up they were laughing so hard.

It was a group laugh I guess, maybe 6 of us girls in the elevator during SCC here a couple years ago when a 20ish girl and boyfriend/hubby got on.
    The guy was quiet and smiled, but when the girl started to giggle someone started joking with her about how we dont bite or something and she was in tears laughing. Not a mean laugh tho and Im sure everyone there had a pretty big smile going by then too

Other than that I havnt heard any lauging while out but thats probly because when I do go its to TG friendly clubs or resturaunts and you have to dressed realy silly to get laughed at *S*

Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by Minaki
    You know, I think this migh have something to do with Pheromones. They're basically chemicals emitted from the body that are subconciously picked up by others - I think there's a few different types but the main one is sexual attraction. So if you're giving off male pheromones, and a female picks them up, she will subconciously know you're a male - no matter how feminine you look.
    is there perfume that can counteract that?

ooxx

What Me Worry
    I agree with Wendy Me I am sure people have laughed at me behind my ample backside. I have not noticed nor have I cared at 6'1" and 215 without heels which I always wear I am hard to blend in.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    At the moment, I haven't had any problems. I do try to blend in as much as possible regarding my look and movements. Certainly, to my face, no one seems to suspect anything. However, what happens when I've left the immediate area....who knows??
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

This got me thinking about the few times around halloween when I went out.
    Biker chick - fake tatoos, large ballons for breasts, lots of makeup, large party - got many complements, almost no one recognized me and all the girls wanted to talk to me.
    Blond babe - wore black mini dress, blond wig. Walking through the parking lot to party, got wolf whistles and laughing (like, holy cow can't believe those guys did it). While at the party walking up stars someone behind said, something like check her out and their friend said I think shes a guy because of the large shoulders (sigh), but there was some discussion after about are you sure? Later at the party some guys in lumber jack costumes asked to take pictures so they could say thet had dates. That was funny.
    Just a sun dress - went out on the town. Turns out my friends didn't all dress up. While waiting to go in a bar, two tourists in front of us started talking to me. I answered in a male voice but we kept talking, then maybe 5 minutes later, one guy said are you a guy? We all had a good laugh. Inside the bar one of the servers told me my dress was out of style by about 10 years (not sure where that came from)...my gf was upset a that since it was her dress I was wearing. :-(
    Miss Piggy - I think I passed because I got odd looks and laughter when I used the urinals in the boys room.
    so... laughed at, not really, laughed with yes and it doesn't all really count for a real passing test since people expect it and are probably more tolerant on halloween.

[size=4]Hi Girls,[/size]

[size=4]If you want to be laughed at then just go out dressed like a big daft tart and you'll soon turn heads. If you don't want to be laughed at then DRESS YOUR AGE - it couldn't be simpler. Personaly I haven't been laughed at but I have been wolf whistled at and I loved it![/size]

Tristen Cox
    How many of you have gotten laughed at while dressed in public?

I've gotten laughed at for being undressed in public. But that's a long story and I was pretty drunk at the time

Aspiring Member
    I've been laughed at 3 maybe 4 times in the 18 months or so I've been going out dressed but the last time was a while ago now and I'm being called 'love' or 'dear' a lot more often, which tells me my looks are improving (can you imagine a guy calling another guy 'love' or 'dear' - only if they're gay).

Having said that, I still think I've got quite a long way to go.

Anne

yes

I laugh at myself !

m

Pixie Hollow's Vixen Katie Ashe's Avatar
    My first time out: head shaking, few smiles, a little pointing. But keep in mind I shaved before and had no foundation on. Over all it was a good time. No one bothered me.
    DK Productions LLC, Giving back to the Rainbow Community. Need a DJ, Every Song Has a Story, We Make The Memory

I got laughed at last week, I was walking to a bridge to cross a river and a bloke on the other side of the road pointed at me and started shouting and laughing with his mates.

It confused the hell out of me, I was dressed in my ordinary drab! I concluded it must be my earrings, because I couldn't see any other signs. I just shouted back Yea Yea, and walked on.

There wasn't any body else near me or anything else in the direction he was pointing. Weird.

If Teenage girls have tranny radar, do drunken thugs have reverse tranny radar?

Rachael.
    I am a TV repair man, if I cant cure me nobody can!

a few laughs

the one time i was laughed at i was walking threw a walmart store and everyone kept laughing i thought how can everyone tell i'm a guy and then finaly 1 lady told me miss you skirt is stuck in the back of you hose.wow and thew was a couple times i did hear giggles teen age girls they can tell some how. and there has been times with the wife my shorts were down enough to see i was wearing panties or can see bra thew the shirt who cares i dress for me not them i give them reson to laugh not bich as long as there laughing i know there injoying there self never had any trouble and i've been out a lot dressed fem good luck

Quote Originally Posted by mand
    Teenage girls ......they can spot a tranny, at incredible distances, they know you are there without even looking, it's like a built in tranny spoting radar they have.

They have a natural instinct for tranny spotting
    Wasn't Ewan McGregor in that movie?
    I've not been out fully dressed, but I do remember someone noticing my underwear - I had a tight pair of (male) jeans on and, presumably I had a VPL because I can still hear a guy walking behind me saying (at the top of his voice) "That bloke's got women's knickers on!", as if I was fellating a goat or some other similarly heinous act. I was quite young at the time and wanted the ground to swallow me up, to be honest, but my wife just said "Ignore him, just keep on walking". I did and, lo and behold, I survived the experience. It did put me off of the idea of going out dressed up in the future though, so I tend to wear french knickers/tap pants as these can quite easily pass as boxers under my jeans.
    I don't have the guts to go out fully en femme and I certainly wouldn't pass even if I did, so I just don't go there. Hat's off to those of you that do - maybe I'll give it a go one day, but I'm just not there yet.

Laughed at?

Well??? it is all part of the territory! Many of us will not pass, inspite of our best efforts. We have noses, eyebrows, foreheads, shoulders, arms, hands, mannerisms, chins of men.. not of women - dramatically different.
    To answer the question -yes, I have been laughed at. Even today - sort of. I was coming down the escallator of a mall and a group of cosmetic people was re-entering the mall after their lunch break and as I passed the group of 6, one, turned and looked at me, with the others looking too. Obviously, taking note of me!
    No quite laughed but noticed.
    But, after that earlier event today and meeting more people helping me me on my look, I take those 6 instride. I am a realist enough to know that inspite of my 100% effort and desire, many will "read me", but there is another group, who reads me and will 'accept me'. So, I am not discouraged my 'reading' today inspite of my best efforts.
    This CD thing is part of me. I certainly would not want to offend anyone, but I want to be accepted as much as I can. I will continue later tonight.
    Hope this helps.
    Love.
    Stephanie

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    Have I gotten laughed at? Not to my directly to my face, but I'm sure it's happened.

Awhile back, I was outside a restaurant with a group of girls and nearby in the parking lot were some giggly teenage GGs, who undoubtedly were giggling at us. We just smiled at them.

As Stephanie said, it comes with the territory. Mostly when I'm read it's more like the stare held too long, or some abrupt whispering. But I act like I deserve respect, and so far I've gotten it.

As for your guy with a beard in a dress, overt gender-bending like that is going to draw a lot more attention. Either he's enjoying it, or really oblivious or just doesn't care.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com