Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your favourite way of dressing?

What is your favourite way of dressing?

As the title says, I want to know more about what people look for when they dress, and by that I mean what do you look for in the end result.

Personally I aim for cute and cuddly, or a more everyday look, as that is what makes me feel more feminine, rather than sexy.

My favourite "sets" at the moment is a knee length dress with half length arms, combined with black tights (I find that these hide my manly feet very well, and saves me from shaving my legs to achieve the "look")
    Or a pair of jeans with a long top.

Favourite style

Hi Elisa,
    At present, I am into 'smart casual'. This is more age approapriate and will allow me to 'blend in' better when I get to go out shopping. I also find that skirts and tops are easier to fit than dresses.
    Hugs,
    Mandy
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

Dressing my age is very important to fit in and be accepted. I am about 35 in my Female persona, but my body is 53, they clash at times.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

I like to dress for lunch at the country club with my dear friends. Perfect make up, white three inch pumps, the perfect yellow sundress with white polka dots, a Doris Day chin lengh bob, pearl necklace and earrings, undies no one can see but they know they cost a fortune, a little white pill box hat and white cotton gloves over my scarlet nails, a nantucket basket purse with little flowers on the lid. Picture me siting on the veranda at the club with my three GG friends, taking my lipstick out of my purse and refreshing my lips as they watch with interest and approval.
    I go for class, nothing outlandish, just womanly.
    I'm a Wendy and I love it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wendrme View Post
    I like to dress for lunch at the country club with my dear friends. Perfect make up, white three inch pumps, the perfect yellow sundress with white polka dots, a Doris Day chin lengh bob, pearl necklace and earrings, undies no one can see but they know they cost a fortune, a little white pill box hat and white cotton gloves over my scarlet nails, a nantucket basket purse with little flowers on the lid. Picture me siting on the veranda at the club with my three GG friends, taking my lipstick out of my purse and refreshing my lips as they watch with interest and approval.
    I go for class, nothing outlandish, just womanly.

Even though that's not my style, you make me wish I had the skill, knowledge and patience to have that much attention to detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    As the title says, I want to know more about what people look for when they dress, and by that I mean what do you look for in the end result.

Personally I aim for cute and cuddly, or a more everyday look, as that is what makes me feel more feminine, rather than sexy.

My favourite "sets" at the moment is a knee length dress with half length arms, combined with black tights (I find that these hide my manly feet very well, and saves me from shaving my legs to achieve the "look")
    Or a pair of jeans with a long top.
    I like the black tights and coupled with a pair of plain black flats very^2 few people notice what you have on your feet. The preference is black suede with opaque tights under jeans.

I look to present myself as an elegantly dressed woman. I look for dresses that gather at the waist, have long sleeves (guy arms!), aren't too low cut (not good at cleavage!), and portray style, grace, and taste. I like my heels to be 3 to 4 inches. I prefer my hemline to be either just above or just below the knees. I enjoy having nice nails, long hair, and meticulous makeup. I like earrings, bracelets, necklaces, and often an ankle bracelet for that extra feminine accent.

Geez, now you made me want to go and dress up!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

[SIZE=4]Since I dress everyday, I dress for the occasion. Typically, for work I dress as any other hair stylist would dress, only cleaner and neater... (only a hair stylist can say that about other stylists..) Honestly, some of the stylists I work with dress more like boys.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]If I am going dancing, I wear what other girls would be wearing, but with taller heels.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]these are typical looks for me... any more questions?[/SIZE]

25 nia 3-3-09 22 (2).jpg

5 omg 3-2-09 1 (2).jpg

60 caressa 3-2-09 4 (2).jpg

13 flirt 3-1-09 5 (2).jpg

270 jane l 2-18-09 8 (2).jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

I like to dress the most in clothes that are dressy enough to go out or to

go to work - I try to make every article of clothing compliment the rest -

including shoes, hair style, make-up and jewelry

JoAnne Wheeler
    "I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

Silver Member
    Guess
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Silver Member
    My age appropriate attire always depends on the event or occasion, but always presented as an elegant classic woman! I do have those "party moments" and dress abit more "showy and with more makeup" for it's all for a fun time out! Mostly I enjoy wearing fitted outfits with all the lingerie, jewelry, makeup, and hairstyles that allow me to "blend in"!

Quote Originally Posted by MsJanessa View Post
    Guess
    I'll second the "guess"

Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post

Geez, now you made me want to go and dress up!
    I want to too.. But sadly I'm 4 weeks away from those pleasures still..

I don't go out dressed at the moment, but I don't mind going shopping for womens clothes, so when I get home, I'm gonna add even more items to my wardrobe, and in case I'd need an excuse to go shopping, I have been away from my clothes for 5 weeks by then, so if nothing else, I can just pretend I feel sorry for myself. :P

greensboro nc, wilmington nc, and in the fantasy land of your mind
    i go for an understated sexy look with knee length skirts and dresses and simple tops that can be either done up sexy or just your average everyday housewife depending on what size chest i want. Always wearing hose and either flats or 3 inch heels with a 70's style wig at the moment and natural looking makeup unless its night then i vamp the face up a little.
    when in doubt, dress

With me only dressing at home,i love to dress in tight skirts and blouses,sexy lingerie and my 5inch heels,i also love my makeup and usually thats very glamorous.

Nikki

I try for a classy style.... Doesn't always come off that way... Ohh welll....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Aspiring Member
    when i was young, i naturally tought sexy was the way to go, as i matured so did my "out look", i tried to emulate every classy woman i saw, by that i mean if there was a woman at work that i thought dressed very nice, i would look for clothes that fit her style. i never had the chance to dress "up" (gowns etc.) but i would have loved to do so.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

My tastes run toward the;

Sublime, sexy, silly, sensual, ridiculous, childish, mature, youthful, stylish, tasteful, tasteless, comical, casual, classical, fabulous, sensational, and subdued!

But, I'm TRYING to expand my looks, really!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I go most often for the casual everyday look tight jeans and nice tops.
    Sometimes I go the more office /semi dressy look.

Aspiring Member Sasha Anne Meadows's Avatar
    Since I dress dawn to dusk at home I favor practil clothes like jean skirts and nice comfortable tops.

Womens skinny jeans,low rise flair or bootcut jeans,flats or heels,with a drab looking womans top,my wife calls it camoflauge.
    Drink up me heartys,yo ho!

Kate

Quote Originally Posted by tamarav View Post
    [SIZE=4]Since I dress everyday, I dress for the occasion. Typically, for work I dress as any other hair stylist would dress, only cleaner and neater... (only a hair stylist can say that about other stylists..) Honestly, some of the stylists I work with dress more like boys.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]If I am going dancing, I wear what other girls would be wearing, but with taller heels.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]these are typical looks for me... any more questions?[/SIZE]

25 nia 3-3-09 22 (2).jpg

5 omg 3-2-09 1 (2).jpg

60 caressa 3-2-09 4 (2).jpg

13 flirt 3-1-09 5 (2).jpg

270 jane l 2-18-09 8 (2).jpg

You always look so nice.
    Drink up me heartys,yo ho!

Kate

I do not try to look or dress any way i am a free spirit an individual i just dress how i feel at the time ,
    Last edited by Joanne f; 03-05-2009 at 01:27 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

I tend to dress in a comfortable but quite young/trendy style, i'd say I dress in a way most 23 year old girls would dress.

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    I dress as a elegant and classy woman. Dresses and skirts from knee down nice earrings, bracelets,necklace and sometimes an ankle braclet for that special femmine touch.