Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Degree of Cross dressing scale

Degree of Cross dressing scale

Just curious about the degree of cross dressing for other male to female cross dressers.

On a scale of 1 to 5 How do you rate your degree of cross dressing?

(1) Seldom, basically only on Halloween.

(2) Like to wear panties and maybe stockings underneath my male clothing only occasionally.

(3) Secretly underneath my male clothing and at home like to dress up fully, makeup, dresses, panties, etc. when no one is around. Still in the closet. Do it when I can but difficult due to circumstances.

(4) Need to dress up as often as possible. Have confided with family and do dress up in front of people I trust. However not yet ready to venture outside.

(5) Out and about. Have no reservations. I am loving being en femme both home and in public venues. Proud to be me. I am respectful of family and friends and seek respect as well.

I am # 3 on the scale.

After replying also write what cross dressing means to you and what types of clothes do you like to wear.

Thank you.

Emmi

I guess I'm about a 3 as well. There is also the dicey business of whether, as a CD, you are also TG or not. Although I suspect that anyone 3-5 probably is.

What it means to me is helping my girl to be equal to my boy in my consciousness, heart and soul. We love and need each other, like brother and sister.

I'm still building my wardrobe catch as can. I try to dress age-appropriately.

Good thread. I wonder if others have fractional levels to report.
    Last edited by Rachel Ann; 06-22-2005 at 01:20 AM.
    In another time's forgotten space
    Your eyes looked through your mother's face
    Wildflower seed and sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home
    - Robert Hunter

I was a 3 but now I am a 1
    Merry

HRT since 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Shy Aubrey
    I was a 3 but now I am a 1
    awwwww I hope things get better for you, hon.
    In another time's forgotten space
    Your eyes looked through your mother's face
    Wildflower seed and sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home
    - Robert Hunter

sign me up as a 5

I am a 3 and desire to be a 5 (working on that)
    For me crossdressing satisfies a need however I am not sure where that need comes from.
    Trying to dress my age now days prefer dresses that fo to just above the knee.
    Kim

4.5?
    I venture out fairly regularly, but I avoid anyplace with crowds. I also dress at every opportunity, however, I never dress in front of family, although several of them know about me.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

I'm a #4, but I only dress in front of my wife. By the way Emmicd, I grew up in Levittown during the 1960's. It's good to see someone else from that part of the world.

Platinum Member
    ok theise thingy's never fit in to just one of them so .....3, 4, and 5...................

After replying also write what cross dressing means to you and what types of clothes do you like to wear.

ok not just like a fetish thing although in the begining i might of thought that but more over crossdressing has been my peace my balance the calm before and after the storm this is so mutch a part of me .....it makes me ...me...

types of clouthing i love all types short skirts ....dressess just abought everything...
    just in the last year or so started getting into longer skirts and jeans......

Quote Originally Posted by emmicd
    Just curious about the degree of cross dressing for other male to female cross dressers.

(2) Like to wear panties and maybe stockings underneath my male clothing only occasionally.

(3) Secretly underneath my male clothing and at home like to dress up fully, makeup, dresses, panties, etc. when no one is around. Still in the closet. Do it when I can but difficult due to circumstances.

(4) Need to dress up as often as possible. Have confided with family and do dress up in front of people I trust. However not yet ready to venture outside.

(5) Out and about. Have no reservations. I am loving being en femme both home and in public venues. Proud to be me. I am respectful of family and friends and seek respect as well.

I am # 3 on the scale.

Thank you.

Emmi
    i'm somewhere between a 4-5. I have a supportive wife and my daughter knows but no other family members. I have a select group of friends who venture out to safe restaurants on a monthly basis. Tonite is last venture until the fall. Trish I'm from your old neck of the woods. I dress as ladylike as I can. Never venture out to malls. i'm satisfied being a crossdresser. For me being fully dressed (make up, nailpolish, wig, heels,dresses (never slacks) is the ultimate fantasy come true. Sally2

pantylover1

As for me 3.5 on the scale, My wife is very supportive and my daughter knows, however she has never seen me dressed. I'm at least in panties 99.9% of the time as the bear minimun

Bernice P

Pixie Hollow's Vixen Katie Ashe's Avatar
    3.5 would be mine. Family/job being the problem. I wear stockings almost 24/7 anyways.

Katie
    DK Productions LLC, Giving back to the Rainbow Community. Need a DJ, Every Song Has a Story, We Make The Memory

just one of the gurls

degree of crossdressing

Quote Originally Posted by emmicd

I am # 3 on the scale.

Thank you.

Emmi
    Good question Emmi. I am also a #3 on your scale although i am also close to a #4. My wife knows and mostly supports me and my daughter also knows as does my mother. My father would die as he is an extreme homophobic and crossdressing denotes homosexuality to him. as he would say, "damn queers!". Crossdressing is something i've done since i was around 5 or 6 yrs. old. off and on over the years except since the advent of the internet when i found that i was not alone. i now wear panties exclusively instead of the old "jockey shorts"--god how i hated those things! i still wear a t-shirt to bed -over my nite bra and panties-usually thongs. i wear thigh hi stockings as i do not like panty hose.-i do wear p-hose occassionally as the occasion dictates. i have several skirts and some wigs, some nice blouses too. i have LOTS of lingerie-my wife loves to buy lingerie for me!! i sometimes wear it to bed but not often. i may be closer to ts than cd since i always wanted to wake up in the morning transformed into a real girl. 30 years ago i might have gone through the transformation but i am just too old now (51) and have too many of the traits that old men tend to develop at that age-hair in all the wrong places etc,etc,etc. anyway thats me ---i wonder how many others feel the way i do? jenny

Guess I am a 3 1/2, since I have now gone out en femm, but my wife and family do not know.

Tristen Cox
    That's a big 4 for me.
    Being who I am inside in materialised form. I dress as the girl I should have been. Pretty, young, and a bit sexy at times. I like showing my legs except maybe for when I wear a lovely long dress. But it's not really me. I like simple and comfortable. If it fits my mood I wear it. No real favorites. Ok maybe tights

I would have to say 5 because I go out all the time during the day shopping, etc. but with reservation. I live in a very small town and no one knows about me except my wife. It would be a disaster if anyone ever spotted me coming and going. Oh well, that's the risk I have to take.
    Kisses, Linda

well,...

I guess I'm a 3.5. I do wear thong panties all the time. So many to choose from and just so pretty. My wife does know, but wants me to dress in private. I'm able to go out and about only at home as our house is very private, and I have a beard. My favorite clothes are my mini skirts.
    michellej

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I think I'm 3.5 at the moment. I do wear some fairly obvious women's clothes as a guy as well as my feminine underwear. I am working toward go out more. As for telling family.....well, the jury's out on that one at the moment. I'm not sure if the benefits outweigh the negatives. (the negatives being that not everyone is as accepting as my wife Marla).

The types of clothes I like are "classic chic" (twinsets and capris) and "fun and feminine" (flowery summer dress and cardigan sets...oh also strappy shoes and short skirts).
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I live on the south shore of Massachusetts

I am a 3

with certain rerstrictions, I dont usually wear womens clothes under mine because of my job so its only when at home and alone and i love pantyhose whenever i dress it is always pantyhose either with a skirt or a dress

No question, 4.5. I dress daily and my wife is very supportive. My daughter is also accepting of this side of me and has been out once with me so far, we are currently planning an outing for all three of us. I have also come out to my wife's sister but she has not seen me dressed, I'm not sure if I want to push it that far but the fact she knows is enough for me. I get the greatest hugs from her when we meet so I know she is okay with it.

As for part 2 of your question...what does crossdressing mean to me? To me it's who I am, I just don't feel comfortable in anything male. I prefer the business woman look, attractive blouses and knee length skirts with matching blazers. But it's summer and not practical for all that fuss, right now it's women's shorts, tank tops and sandals........it's still me. Great post!
    Last edited by Jenny Beth; 06-22-2005 at 10:15 AM.

I can't really say that I fit any of the set discriptions, but I think that I am somewhere between a 3 and a 5. My wife and mom both know about me and are fully supportive of me. And I do always wear girly underthings but I rarely dress when anyone is home simply because my kids don't know and I don't want to draw undo attention to it.
    I have been out once during Be All and I did spend the entire weekend of Be All dressed, which was great. Wife said that I looked very pretty and she even helped with my makeup. When we get the pictures back I will postone or two. But over all I don't consider myself a cd but rather just tg and somewhere in the middle between cd and ts because I don't want to transition but I don't want to present strictly as a man either but rather androgynous.

huggs
    anna
    [SIZE=5]Be who you are not who others think you should be.
    May the Great Spirit Bless you in all things.[SIZE=2]
    My website: [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5][SIZE=2]http://360.yahoo.com/mrsanna_25
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5][SIZE=2] The Be-All Website: http://www.be-all.org/
    The National Center for Transgender Equality http://www.nctequality.org/
    [/SIZE]

[/SIZE]

I would have to also say a three and a half. I dress at home as often as I want and do go out in public once in a while. However i am still in the closet when it comes to friends and family.
    Sara

I'm a 3 as well. My Wife knows, but would like me to dress only in panties and pantyhose. When I put a dress or skirt on around her, she is very uncomfortable. I think it's more of an insecurity, but she will never tell me that.

But I love wearing panties and pantyhose under my male clothes, especially in the winter.

[size=4]A modified 4. I'm not out to all my family yet (only my son so far) and not to many friends, but I have been outdoors and met strangers while in full femme.[/size]
    [size=4][/size]
    [size=4]I am pushing the envelope at work, started wearing a pale lipstick and pale nail varnish last week, now onto a very obvious nail varnish. Also now wearing slightly padded bra under my drabs, and only ever wear panties or a thong, my male underwear is gathering moths.[/size]
    [size=4][/size]
    [size=4]When I can dress in full, I like to wear dresses, or skirts and blouses, matching underwear, full makeup and wig. I like a little 2 inch heel on my shoes for normal wear and usually wear panty hose, although I have some hold-up stockings that I am longing to try.[/size]
    [size=4][/size]
    [size=4]Like Jenny, I would love to be young enough to go for the full transformation. I may still yet have a partial operation and maybe some facial surgery sometime.[/size]
    [size=4][/size]
    [size=4]Nice post, Emmi, thanks for starting it.[/size]
    [size=4][/size]
    [size=4]Love and kisses, Natalie[/size]
    [size=4][/size]
    [SIZE=5]Natalie [SIZE=4](the Tranny Granny)[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]The thantom phread killer striks again[/SIZE]

I'd say in between 3 and 4.

I'm slowly coming out to those I love within my life (family...friends...) and the need to express myself is an essential part of my welbeing.

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]