Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Degree of Cross dressing scale

Hi, Cyan!

Welcome, Don't be shy! If you wish to you can write an intro in the member introduction. All the girls are very helpful and good listeners. This is a great site. I'm relatively new here to and felt comfortable enough to create some threads. I enjoy seeing the responses.

Good Luck!

Emmi

Tiffany,

Of course! The scale is subjective. You're higher than I am. I still am a 3! I would like to try to venture outside but have way to many concerns. Also my family and work obligations are top priority. My Cross dressing needs will always take a back seat to my top priorities! However I still will dress up when ever I have a chance but only at home and when it's quiet!

Emmi

Tristen Cox
    Quote Originally Posted by tiffanycd
    Does 3.5 count?
    Better than a 3.4

Most definitely a three with a few excursions to four and five.
    Crossdressing means to me being totally within my feminine side. Being and looking like the woman I picture myself to be. Acting and reacting as a woman has given me total happiness and comfort. I certainly feel like a total woman and would happily live out the rest of my days in feminine mode.
    I drtess as I would imagine myself to dress if I was a woman. My clothing and makeup are such that I could freely walk around and likely pass - and indeed I have. Outfits and makeup are, what I consider as tasteful but definitely convey total femininity.

I'm A 5,i Go Out Regularly 2 Times A Week,go Out With Other T-girls Here In Myrtle Beach,we Go To Dinner And Have Not Had Any Negatice Response,including Our Servers Are More Than Helpful.crossdressing To Me Means Being Able To Dress In The Clothes That Feel Natural To Me,i Wear Anything That Is Suited For My Age

I am starting to dress more and more and also venturing out more in an androgynous way. May even go out in woman's pink trousers and blouse. Not yet going out in complete femme but don't feel the need to do that. Also wearing femme pants now more than ever in wife's presence.

So maybe I may progress to a 4!

Emmi

I had to get into this eventually. I would put myself at a 4.5. I dont dress every day. When I do, I like to "go the whole hog" and be me for a cople of days at a time.A lot of my friends know & are just fine. However, my Mum, Dad & brother would go down the gay path &then I would be even more to blame for world events!
    I absolutely just LOVE flowing skirts & dresses. The way they flow around your legs is just so.......YUMMY!!!!!!!......I kinda feel that I can wear trousers or jeans any old day, but skirts & dresses can only be worn on Melissa's day/s!

Thanks for asking! We should do lunch!......Melissa......

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    I suppose I am a 3, and THAT is usually good enough for me. Ive discovered that CD is (for me) just a way to ocasionally "get away from my self"---what better way to "escape" one's identity then to temporally become another person --and of the opposite sex?

Why 'take a vacation from myself?"? Well, I have discovered that I can leave ALL my "tensions" and "responsibilities" with the OTHER persona and really totally relax if only for a few hours. There is another affect too---there is also a "thrill" to violating a psychological "taboo" or deeply seated 'fear of identity loss"---and escape without harmful concequences.
    I think that it is related to the popularity of horror movies---to expose ones self to "fearful or deadly situations" but really being SAFE in RL. Also wasn't it Churchill that said of his wartime experience "The greatest of all THRILLS is being shot at to no effect" ?

Indeed there are different reasons in different people for CD. I think the FIVES do it because thery really want to become women or think they are. Us Threes and below (barring adverse circumstances) are usually into it for other reasons, such as Psychologocal/social "release" or for the THRILL of violating a pwesonal fear or taboo., etc. I make no judgements here I am for what ever makes any of us HAPPY.

MARINA TWELVE

~ Bondage & Pantyhose ~ cosmolovesph's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emmicd
    Just curious about the degree of cross dressing for other male to female cross dressers.

On a scale of 1 to 5 How do you rate your degree of cross dressing?

(1) Seldom, basically only on Halloween.

(2) Like to wear panties and maybe stockings underneath my male clothing only occasionally.

(3) Secretly underneath my male clothing and at home like to dress up fully, makeup, dresses, panties, etc. when no one is around. Still in the closet. Do it when I can but difficult due to circumstances.

(4) Need to dress up as often as possible. Have confided with family and do dress up in front of people I trust. However not yet ready to venture outside.

After replying also write what cross dressing means to you and what types of clothes do you like to wear.

Thank you.

Emmi
    Well, I could and am 1 THRU 4

What do i like to wear?
    Pantyhose, Heels, skirts, dresses, bras, ear rings (must be clipon's thou), make up....

To me it's a release and "comfort" clothes to me, while still somewhat erotic/"Taboo". I do go out occasionally but not so much to places (except around Halloween normally) but to gas stations, parks etc...

Degree of cross dressing

I woud rate myself as a 4. I have a couple of roommates, one male one female and I dress in front of them. I like wearing short skirts with camisoles, also various size cup bras. It depends on the outfit I want to wear. I run around the house usually fuly dressed. Have not ventured outside yet. Not brave enough. But I will wear panties under my male clothing though.

the gender bender

I've been out of the closet ...

...for over thirthy years now .
    So it's defenitively a 5 .

-Crossdressing is , for me , a mean to express myself !!!

-Theese days , I dress more sober/casual/conservative .
    Mostly , over the knee skirts & tights with patterns on them .
    I like to collect tights . I may have up to 75 pairs .
    Some are with small stripes , large stripes , with squares ,
    or lozanges , different fishnet , whatever is has dots , lines
    & patterns , I go nuts .

On the TV front

Quote Originally Posted by emmicd
    On a scale of 1 to 5 How do you rate your degree of cross dressing?
    (4) Need to dress up as often as possible. Have confided with family and do dress up in front of people I trust. However not yet ready to venture outside.
    (5) Out and about. Have no reservations. I am loving being en femme both home and in public venues. Proud to be me. I am respectful of family and friends and seek respect as well.
    I feel like a 4.3. Have confided with family and some friends and have gone out to T friendly places but am not confident enough, or convincing enough to be a true contender.

Debbie

Degree of CDing

I've been a 3ish for a while, but I've been a 5 on three occasions in the last year - all big straight social fancy-dress nights. Way to go - not many people guess who you really are and those that do generally don't respond negatively at all. And I was all-girl from the stockings up. At the last Ball, half of a girl couple I know told me she thought I made a better woman than she did. Is that the ultimate complement or what? All love
    "Keep on walking, don't look back..."

BE YOURSELF...
    "Worrying about tomorrow only ruins today" (Helen Boyd)

Hi 5!!!
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

I'm a 3 to 4. Dress up as often as possible and feel comfortable with my gf seeing me like this - luckily she's accepting of this (although not overly enthusiastic). Been out a couple of times to fancy dress parties and that was a major buzz for me.

I'd love to move up to defcon 5 though and get out on girlie nights out on the town, although only in 'safe' venues.

Paula.
    Living on the edge might be dangerous, but it has an awesome view!!

Aspiring Member

Well you know!.

As i have often stated here i would dress a lot more as Suzy given thee right time and place. Oh well!. Suzy!.

I was only a 3 till the other day and become I think about a 3.4, so almost a 4, I long to be a 5 and a go shopping.

joanna_j

Almost a 4

I have been out and about more than a few times in the past. Some of my family members know, but have never seen me dressed as Joanna. I do love dressing whenever I get the chance. I have had the pleasure of being Joanna for more than a few days at a time, and also have dressed with and for a gg friend of mine. When I dress I do go all the way and enjoy every minute of it.
    Jo

Hi girls,

I am a most definite 5+

I dress full time and have not been in boy clothes for an entire day for over a year. I did have to make a few court appearances for my divorce, but I was only in boy clothes for a few hours each time. In fact on my last appearance where I was sworn in, I got a few chuckles from the audience when I raised my right hand to be sworn in and revealed my brightly painted pink fingernails which had been previously unseen under the Petitioners table.

I am now married to a totally supportive wife along with my oldest son who is 18 and my second oldest son who is 13. I live totally in the open. Two of my sisters and two of my brothers, which is half my family, are supportive. I have one brother who broke ties with me over it. My father is dead and I am estranged from the rest of my family.

I have been totally accepted in my community. I am treated great everywhere I go. The bank, the grocery store, the post office, my doctors, the schools. You name it. All my kids are accepting including my oldest daughter who is 22 and my youngest son who is 11. I am living my life dressed as a woman, even though I am far from passable. It seems I am accepted in my gender role despite my inability to pass.

Living the good life and wishing the same for all my sisters out there.

Sorry for writing a book.

Love always,
    Elizabeth
    [SIZE=3]It is always our choice, who we are-Waking Life[/SIZE]

Only the bra stuffed with some padding worn under the clothes, just to make me feel as if I am not missing something.

Me

I guess I am about a 3.5. My wife knows about my dressing and is pretty cool with it..my SIL knows too, and she is ok with it. I dress totally when feeling fem...several times a week...and have been out several times by myself for drives and walks. I don't really enjoy it when only partially dressed. I go for the full immersion!

Haley Pink~

Hmmmmm? What number am I?

Well lets see.
    I dress at home when no one but my Wife and I are here.
    I go to TriEss meetings out.
    I drive home dressed from the meetings.
    I go shopping and try on at stores.

I'd say a 5 HUH?

Haley

Please put me down for a firm 3. Thank you!

Between a 2.5 and a 3. The wife knows, has bought for me, but lately not very approving for some reason . No one else knows, maybe a friend might of guessed i wear some lingerie, sort of hinted i did

Need a 0 category and a 1.5 category

Hi all - (my first post)

I think that this is a pretty good scale that covers the spectrum, but I think there are actually more defining points for the categories - at least for me, because I was in them for a while.

The first is the "zero" category - someone who only fantasizes about crossdressing - maybe did so as a child, but then "does it" only in fantasy, reading stories, living out fantasy scenarios in their head, poring over lingerie magazines, etc. I think there are LOT more guys in this category than most people think - probably some of the "guests" who read this forum without registering are in this category. (I was in this category in college and afterwards for years).

The next is somewhere between the 1 and 2 categories you have. This 1.5 category would be someone who dresses partially while alone, with the purpose of getting off - then cleans up and puts everything away - and they feel (probably) guilty or confused later. In this category, its someone else's (wife/girlfriend/mom/aunt etc) clothes, mostly lingerie, not skirts and blouses, and definitely not wigs and makeup.
    There's a lot of people in this category too, but they don't wear things under their male clothing, probably.

So the 1-5 scale is pretty useful, but we might need a couple more numbers.

Also, I think there are certain distinct "transition points" that mark different phases, that might be helpful with this scale. Some people might move from one category to the next when this events happen.

The first transition is wearing feminine clothes without having to jerk off. The feeling of having them on becomes the purpose, not getting off. This is a fairly significant change, I think. After this happens, it becomes comfortable to wear nice things under your male clothes - or stay dressed for a while.

The second transition is buying your own clothes, not going to someone else's. Once this happens, I think the experience changes significantly from a purely sexual indulgence to an exploration into your self (selves?). This is a much different experience than one focused on sexual stimulation only.

Anyways, that's been my experience - and I would say I am now a three - having been through both of the transitions I mentioned above.