Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CDing in the military?

CDing in the military?

Good evening ladies, I'm a new member, a new C/D, and in the military in the desert, i'v done a lot of reading the past few months and learned about the difficulties C/Ds have, there are a few added on top. privacy is slim to none, the social environment is much less accepting, and the availability of fem articles of clothing is slim as well. Dose anybody have an opinion on weather or not alternative lifestyle persons should be permitted in the military.
    Life is short be sexy every chance you get!!!

I personally feel that a persons life style should have no bearing on weather one serves their country. Granted when you are required to wear the uniform you would be wearing the appropriate one. But your activities on your own time should be your business only.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Wild Women Never Get The Blues[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by trisha59 View Post
    I personally feel that a persons life style should have no bearing on weather one serves their country. Granted when you are required to wear the uniform you would be wearing the appropriate one. But your activities on your own time should be your business only.
    Amen to that.

Of course - that is not the way it IS... So... be careful. Be discreet.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

Welcome, Jordyn, to the forum. There are definatly a number of military and ex-military from many countries here so you will be right at home. Usually we pretty much sat cd'ing aside while serving (unless there was a private time at home on leave). I hope you enjoy your time here.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Hi Jordyn,
    I'm not trying to be a hard nose here on this, But my thoughts are while one is signed up to serve, CDing or ANY alternative thinking should be the farthest thing from anyone's mind.. but after they get discharged, whatever they do is their own business.

God bless you guy's..

Karen

Welcome Jordyn!

Unfortunately, you didn't tell use which country's military you are in. This could have a bearing on the answers you receive. I have experience with the US Navy, so my answers come from that vantage point.

If you're in the US military, you know there's a "don't ask, don't tell" policy regarding homosexuality. Chances are very high that if you were found to be crossdressing, you'd be viewed as gay...your protestations not withstanding (assuming you aren't). You'd be drummed out of the military post-haste, and with less than an honorable discharge.

If you attempt to crossdress while not on leave, you do so at your own peril. Literally. I was verbal witness to serious abuse visited upon another sailor who was thought to be gay. It was brutal, and the fellow was lucky to survive. Nothing was ever done about it.

Your only chances for crossdressing would be on leave, well away from ANYone that you know, and certainly well away from anyone in the military who would have a clue you are in the military.

Failing that, I agree with what another poster said; shelve any crossdressing urges until you're no longer serving. That might be next to impossible to do.

I never once combined crossdressing with my uniforms, even underdressing. There were many times when I really, really wanted to put on a pair of pantyhose underneath my uniform. But, I knew the consequences of being discovered were very high, and the chance of being discovered was always present.
    Last edited by JulieC; 03-06-2009 at 10:09 AM.

Banned Read only
    Bless you Jordyn...

...but please follow Julie's advice.

You're already in enough danger...no need to compound it from your own side.

respect & love,

deja

Quote Originally Posted by jordyn.wayne View Post
    Dose anybody have an opinion on weather or not alternative lifestyle persons should be permitted in the military.
    I don't think the OP was asking if they should cross dress. They were just asking a general question on whether alternative lifestyle people should be able to serve
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Wild Women Never Get The Blues[/SIZE]

I fully comprehend, and have personally witnessed the effects of others attitudes towards those with alternative views and lifestyles in the US navy. I don't CD while in uniform, or around anybody in the service, just in private, there are guys in my unit that suspect i'm different, by no means gay, and they accept me for all my weird habits and behaviors. i don't plan on comming out until i have been honorably discharged, in less than a year. then it's game on!!!
    Life is short be sexy every chance you get!!!

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Hi Jordyn, I did my year out in the desert. I think my urge to CD was less because out in the desert the women wore the exact same clothes as the men. None of that "I love that outfit, I wish I could wear it" because the fact was I was wearing the same outfit as the girls. really the best you can do is come home safe then take some serious time to indugle that female side of you. I would recomend a whole day at a spa. You will feel wonderful afterward.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Quote Originally Posted by trisha59 View Post
    I agree whole heartedly! I think anyone wiling and able to serve their country should be allowed to do so. I spent over a decade active duty Army myself.
    By the way, thank YOU for stepping up and serving your country.

Well, we could mail you a few things, but I'm fairly sure your mail isn't going to be a lot more private than your living arrangements! LOL

Aspiring Member
    Jordyn thank you for your service to our country assuming that you are an American. It is so hard to deny the dress. Exercise caution!!!

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    I did do a bit of dressing in Iraq last year - nothing much, of course. I confined myself to underdressing (nice comfy cotton - perfect for those 130 degree days ) and a skirt I brought. Luckily, my rank was high enough that I had a "private" room in my tent.

As others have said, use caution. As you know, your fellow soldiers/sailors/airmen/marines can turn on you like a pack of rabid dogs. They smell "difference" and they smell fear. Don't give them the excuse they're looking for to paint a target on your back.

Kathi

CD's should definately be allowed in the military, but its next to impossible to dress. Your absolutely right about no privacy and not to mention no acceptablity among peers. However it does make you appreciate it more when you do get the chance to dress. Enjoy your time in the military, you will have plenty of time to dress when you get out.

Jordyn, Thank you for your service to your country, especially in these times. Many do not know the commitment that comes from stepping forward and giving your pledge but there are many sisters who have and can be helpful. There has been a number who have given you advice about dressing while serving and they are right, the down side may not be worth it. But the original question is should individuals of diverse life styles be allowed into the service and there I would say yes. There is the need to separate their life style for the uniformity fo the service and focus on the job at hand. Distractions can get in the way of your service and could also put you in danger from friendly "fire", so to speak. Please be careful and remember there will come a time where you will be able to dress as you like and live as you would like. Keli

Silver Member
    Having served, I can tell you that it is bad news if you get caught. Heard about someone who fell asleep one night in bra and panties. When waking up the next morning he was observed and discharged quickly. This was long ago, but I doubt it has changed.

i can say that i wear a uniform during the day, and perform quite a valuable job i must say; and i can tell you there are plenty of us in the military. i have personally met them on the weekends while i was dressed.

what i can tell you is just be carefull. dont go to a dangerous place at two in the morning and get mugged while wearing a skirt. keep yourself safe. Operational Risk Management sweetheart. be careful what clubs or bars you go to.

anyway...have fun and get out and like i say...be careful.

Retired Navy

Hi Sisters

I spent 23 years in U.S.Navy (1964 -1970 and 1982 - 1999)and it is tough being CD and Trans Gendered
    Caution and Discretion is a must of course even managed to keep Security Clearences I only dressed when on leave or at Liberty for a weekend and I was not near the Base or ship .
    As far as the question of alowing alternatave folks serv I say yes let us serve if we desire and for us girls we could weare the proper female uniforns and BDU's aer unisex anyway only specificly female item in the camoflage clothing are the maternity trousers otherwise both wear the same cut in the camoflage clothing

Thanks to all those who have and are serving to defend us all
    Hugs and Kisses
    Annette
    "It takes more courage for a man to appear in public wearing a dress than to charge into battle"

Me July 2005

I did 10 years between active duty and the reserves. I never got caught on active duty, but was outed when I was in the reserves. My honest take on it is that it shouldn't matter. However, there are still those who are against it. All I can tell you is be careful. Just as teenage girls can out a crossdresser no matter where at, military personnel can out other comrades in a crowd no matter what they are doing.
    Man! I feel like a woman!

[SIZE=4]Welcome to the forum![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]If you are in the desert in CA then you are probably a Marine. Say hi to my Son if you are there, but don't tell him about your CDing...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Your new sis,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Tami[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Aspiring Member
    Should alternative lifestyles be allowed to serve?
    Yes.
    Are they?
    No.

The military's stance is don't ask don't tell.
    Keep it in the closet except when you're on leave and even then, I would recommend that you don't do anything more than stay in your motel room.
    A less than honorable discharge will dog you the rest of your life.

An ex Marine's salute to you for serving your country.

Hi Jordyn,
    Just wanted to put in my bit as a member of the UK military. I do CD though not with uniform, got a private mess room and I do dress of an evening or go out and do it. Although I am openly gay, cos the European court sensibly overruled the UK ban, nobody knows about Beth as it would probably not go down well. I have gone to forces parties dressed as a laugh (or so they thought). Stay safe out there!

[SIZE="4"]GOD BLESS YOU FOR SERVING YOUR COUNTRY AND PROTECTING AMERICA AND OUR WAY OF LIFE!!!!![/SIZE]

just a gratefull American.

Don't ask - don't tell - be discrete - put your feminine self in limbo until you

can have a safe opportunity to express yourself - and that is just my opinion

JoAnne Wheeler
    "I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

Quote Originally Posted by Katie B View Post
    Well, from reading the other posts here ... it seems to me that nobody should go into the military!
    Having served and proudly worn the uniform of my country, I strongly, adamantly disagree with this statement.

Carl Schurz, a U.S. immigrant from Germany who became a senator from Missouri, was Secretary of the Interior for four years, and was a general for the Union army during the American Civil War said ""My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Nobody's country is perfect. Hatred is everywhere. We do not stamp out hatred and ignorance by walking away in fear or loathing ourselves, but by participating, by helping to steer, by encouraging reform. Sometimes this reform comes in baby steps, sometimes in great leaps. We do not set to right what is wrong by walking away from it. Doing so does nothing but allow the problem to persist.

For those of us who took the oath, there's a reason we serve(d). Those reasons are varied and cover a broad spectrum of interests, opinions and desires. For my part, I am glad to have served in a military that is not accepting of transgenderism because that same military defends the freedoms of people in my country. These freedoms permit so many of us here on this forum to freely express ourselves as our femme selves without fear of repercussions from the law.

It is not illegal for anyone to wear a dress, pantyhose, heels, wig and makeup in this country regardless of what sex you were born as. The military we might deride for discriminating against transgendered individuals is the same military that defends that freedom to dress as we like.

Our country is the great experiment in freedom. We are a work in progress. God helps us if we ever STOP being a work in progress.