Thread: Funny question from step daughter

Red face Funny question from step daughter

We were watching the movie Talladega Nights where the black crew chief was talking to Ricky Bobbie and said that he likes to dress up and sing like Donna Summers.
    My 11 year old step-daughter looked me in the eyes and asked, " Is that what you do? Dress up in mommies clothes and sing like Donna Summers?"
    Well, I almost choked, but then said, " No,, I don't even like Donna Summers,, And besides, mommies clothes wouldn't fit me any way,,".
    Well, we all laughed it off.
    I kinda suspect she knows more about me than I think,,

Banned Read only
    Yeah! Looks so...but the humor thing is the way to go I think, without any outright denial!

So who do you like to sing like?

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaWanna View Post
    . . . I kinda suspect she knows more about me than I think. . .
    Ya think??!! LOL

DAH!!!!!!!! Out of the mouth of babes comes more truth than we can handle at times. I would have to say yes. Nice come-back though.

Last Halloween being dress as a wench and handing out candy a little girl asked if I was being a girl for the night. With her mom along side her I said yes I am. She said Okay and then said good night. Mascra and tears don't mix well. Keli

One thing I have found over the years is that you cannot hide the truth from children. They can see right through the disguise and see the real person underneath. That, and they have NO inhibitions as to saying what's on their young minds because they will say anything at the most inopportune times.

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

One holloween, before we were married, I went with my future wife and her two daughters. I was dressed and we took them trick or treating and later to the mall. At the mall they wanted something from the food court and when I started to pay for it, the youngest noticed I had painted nails. She said "You are not suppose to have your nails painted!" There I was, in a dress, makeup, wig, tights and heels and the only issue she had was I was not suppose to have painted nails. Go figure.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

I kinda suspect she knows more about me than I think

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    Ya think??!! LOL

Kinda suspect????? Kinda suspect?????
    Naaaaaaaa never in a million years.

I would say that secret is very very safe.......

I think pre-screening movies before movie night with company may be a good idea in the future though, LOL.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

You know, my 14year old daughter jokes about the same thing, maybe I have been outed too. OMG
    [SIZE=2]____________________________________________[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Too many thing to do, to little time. Enjoy who you are,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]The DH for Abigaild(GG)[/SIZE]

...I kinda suspect she knows more about me than I think,,
    If she does indeed know, it seems to me that you have a unique opportunity to make sure she learns things proper, rather than what society will soon teach her about us "perverts & freaks".

I guess that's really up to your comfort level (and your SO's), but if kids grew up knowing the truth about this kind of thing, none of us would have to stay in the closet. We'd be accepted as who we are, just like people would accept anyone who happened to enjoy wearing any other particular style of clothing - without gender rules being a problem.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

song

you might want to pick a song and a singer
    I like my femself; it makes me feel more civilized, i think girltime should be a requirment for all kids.

Aspiring Member
    you're lucky she didn't pose a tougher question, like who is donna summers?

she has you cold hon! go with it; mqaybe you'll both understand better by the time you're done. marny

G.G. MEMPHIS,TN. donnasweetheart's Avatar

she knows

You think maybe that is why she is always asking for your finger nail polish and not mine, (her mother) Ever wonder how she knows you even have finger nail polish and where you keep it? And what about the many times when she says "I think its about time to get those legs shaved I can see your stickers." I think your right, she knows more than you want to admit.

I kinda suspect she knows more about me than I think,,
    Quote Originally Posted by donnasweetheart View Post
    You think maybe that is why she is always asking for your nail polish and not mine, (her mother) Ever wonder how she knows you even have nail polish and where you keep it?

I think your right, she knows more than you want to admit.
    LOL, I think it is time to say hello to the elephant in the room.

Face it, your busted 10 ways to Sunday, lol.
    Might as well make it official.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

No question about it - she KNOWS !

JoAnne Wheeler
    "I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

Quote Originally Posted by KandisTX View Post
    One thing I have found over the years is that you cannot hide the truth from children. They can see right through the disguise and see the real person underneath. That, and they have NO inhibitions as to saying what's on their young minds because they will say anything at the most inopportune times.

Kandis
    Well I have always noticed this as well. Many times over when I was being Brent I would have a little kid ask if I was a boy or a girl, or a girl who was dressing up like a boy and a few others. Now that I am transitioning I just get them smiling and waving and I just smile and wave back

So I have had other friends come out their own kids about them about this age and they have all taken to it quite well. One of the biggest and most important things to impart is that this is a very personal thing and that you are placing a great deal of confidence and trust in them to be able to share it with them. This tends to give the kids a great sense of pride and love, that you have shared something very special with them. It typically does need to be done at an age where they have matured enough to not use it against you and are able to understand what things mean. If you do it too late you can chance hurting your relationship because of the non-trusting issue and it can be detrimental.

So I say that f she knows a bit already then now is the time, share some trust with her and you may just make your future relationship with her all that much better!

I was over at a friends house one day when his 6 year old daughter (whom is the cutest little girl ever) said that I would make a very pretty princess. I've never dressed in front of his kids, and none of my friends know I do this on a full time basis.

My kids (young) and my wife have all on the rare occasion used the "she" or "her" pronouns in reference to me by accident. I'm not sure what to make of it, but don't puzzle over it. I am who I am. I don't intend on telling my kids before they are adults in large part because kids are notorious for not keeping secrets, and I fear for the reaction of other kids to them. I don't care what other (powerless) people think of me, but I do care what people think (and how they act on those thoughts) of my kids.

Although children are very perceptive and observant, I think that it is plausible that she may not know.
    I wouldn't assume that she knows or doesn't know, but I would be cautious around her regarding anything that might reveal what you don't want her to know.
    warmly, Linnea