Thread: Fulfilling the role, but which one?

Fulfilling the role, but which one?

I've seen responses to both sides of the issue when a CD with an accepting SO encounters days in which said SO wants nothing to do with the femme side of their partner and instead needs the male side. In a few cases, the SO actually prefers the femme side to the guy side. This can tend to confuse the hell out of a person on a good day let alone a bad one. It seems to me the CDing is tolerated at best(in most cases) without a carte blance easement to "pinkland" and an expected egress from it at any given time without notice. This is, however, the nature of a partnership.

Welcome to the real world of expected role playing according to genetics. This is a world wherein men are expected to act like men and women are expected to act like women, whatever that means but it's a world we all perpetuate through no fault of our own. For the CDer to fit in such a world is a slippery slope indeed and an accepting SO even more slippery and so it goes. It's not all peaches and cream for either partner really. So, what do we do about it?

I see every perceived disadvantage as a potential advantage and learning opportunity. One of those opportunities is to get to know and learn our SO's limitations and work with that. It really goes both ways and cannot be limited to the man or the woman but has to be considered as a partnership, based on the wants and needs of both partners.

The bottom line is that we all have bad days and we are all human. While it's nice to have the security of having our expectations met, it's also good to always talk about the feelings. Otherwise, how do we really know how the other one feels inside? I think the best way to look at it is not as a man's or woman's role per se but as an equal partnership. It's good to know that members of this Forum have a head start on that as that is the real formula for success.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I choose which ever role "She who must be obeyed" tells me to pick!! That way I'm always successful!! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

which role?

The only one.... the woman.
    that's my story and I am stickin to it!

Debs and I, I feel fulfill our roles as partners and people very well together. We need and do balance our relationship with the other relationships we already had in our lives when we first met, those as parents, and in my case a grandma as well, then friends and work expectations have to be fitted in to our combined lives tog, so it is not just the expectations as partners and SO's to each other we work to fulfill but the expectations and limitations of those in our lives as well.
    Last edited by Sheila; 03-12-2009 at 12:36 PM.
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I choose which ever role "She who must be obeyed" tells me to pick!! That way I'm always successful!! Lol.
    Karren you and I are the same page with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Amen to that!!!

You got it right sister !!!!!!!!

JoAnne Wheeler
    "I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

Always Pretty in Pink PanteeQueen's Avatar
    I agee, but sometimes it feels like I am or have to be more accomadating to her than she has to be of me. Although, I wouldn't mind if her and I would swap roles.

Minus the triple six.. :)
    When my wife and my marriage fell apart(she was promiscuous) I had a little meltdown and came out in the worst way to her. I ambushed her, fully dressed! Never do that, by the way. Anyway, at that time my mind was real screwy, and I thought I was just your basic part-time cd'er. ANNNNYYYWAY, she acted cool for a couple of weeks, but I could clearly see that I had to basically be her subservient slave if I wanted to express myself at all. Then she stole my tweezers and girl's beanie! So I stole her lip liner and a necklace!But she was a meanie, so we ended up separating and are almost divorced. I can't wait to tell her that I want to go full time soon! I'm gonna tell her she made me into a girl, just to mess with her mind! J/K BTW...

My SO accepts me no matter what. I guess I am lucky with what I am reading on here so far. She said she fell in love with me as a person not necessarily the clothes I wear. She tells me that as long as I am honest with her and give her time to cope and come to terms with anything I may want to do then she will eventually come around. And that is what I love the most about her. As far as roles go, I know that my SO has needs and I fulfill the "man" role when she needs it and she accepts my feminine side.

Emily

Aspiring Member
    i'm confused again.