Thread: funny story shopping

funny story shopping

So my brother and his girlfriend came to visit my mum and she brought them down to visit me, cause i'm going to college atm and i don't have a lot of time.

Anyways we're out shopping and they mention they want to go swimming cause they want to show off how much their baby likes the water. so we go look at swimming trunks and all the mens trunks are like 50 bucks a pop, a little bit to pricey for my mums taste. So my brother suggests why don't we just get some of the cheaper women's trunks(which were mabye 14 bucks) cause no one would really notice.

Of course i agree with him... so my mum is looking at them and she's holding up a pair trying to figure out what size they are and i walk up to her and ask her what size they were. She says, "16" i tell her they'll fit me, she looks at me skeptical. and she says well mabye there's an 18 here and i tell her an 18 will be way too big 16 will be perfect.

of course i'm not out to my parents, so i think there may be a good chance she's starting to suspect something.

Quote Originally Posted by Amalia View Post
    So my brother suggests why don't we just get some of the cheaper women's trunks(which were mabye 14 bucks) cause no one would really notice.
    You have to admire his initiative.

Uh, you may be OUT now !

JoAnne Wheeler
    "I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar

funny story shopping

did you buy the top also? Why only get half the suit after all!

It sounds like your brother may have a desire to dress also. I can't think of too many "manly men" who would even suggest getting, much less wear, a woman's suit. I can picture the look on your mom's face when you told her you knew the 16 would fit you. Methinks the cat may be scratching it's way out of the bag.

-Paula-
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

Aspiring Member
    bravo, your mother may guess someday, but i'd watch your brother.

yes, the brother sounds as if he might be interested in getting the two piece
    warmly, Linnea

Yep you have a brother that you may want to watch. As to whether your mom knows or suspects, the jury is still out but if you would have said you would rather have the two piece bikini then you would have been toast.LOL Keli

Leave the brother alone...not only is he moneysaver, women's trunks are way shorter than men's and they give a shorter your legs a better tan! Hhe should be thanked for his fabulous idea! Plus you're in college...you can just say you've been dating a lot and gotten to learn a thing or two about sizes and what you should be buying for your females friends.

Its all a conspiracy to see how willing you would go for the female trunks. Having confirmed the size now they all know for sure. ...just kidding, I think out minds can be very creative...I'm sure they have no idea.