Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hotel check-in en femme???

Hotel check-in en femme???

Hi everyone! I'm taking an out of town trip soon and would like to hear about experiences anyone has had checking into their hotels while presenting as female. Good or bad, please share. Thanks so much!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Aspiring lady of leisure kay_jessica's Avatar
    Well I seem to just get treated like a normal guest - hey I am normal. My money is as good as any one elses regardless of what I'm wearing. Though I do tend to dress as one would expect one to dress whilst traveling.

Besides, given todays financial climate I recckon you could check in to most hotels wearing what you want so long as it was appropriate and decent.

Hugs

Kay

I haven't YET, but I plan to

JoAnne Wheeler
    "I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

Hotels are in the hospitality business. The employees are graded on their ability to be courteous, polite, and discrete.

You'll be fine... if you are the same.

V/R --k

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    Hi Sara. I've checked in en femme before. It seemed quite easy:

1) Be your usual confident self.
    2) Tell the receptionist you'd like to book in.
    3) Let her / him do the work they need to do.
    4) Say, "thank you" and head up to your room.
    5) Get yer glad rags on.
    6) Go out

Sarah...

Sara, no exaggeration - I've done it at least two dozen times (I travel a lot for my job).
    Not a single bad experience or even dirty look. Go for it. ;-)

I defer to the advice offered by our resident travel queen, KimberlyTx. But my experience is the same as hers... it's no big deal.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

High Maintenance Marlena_Sparkles's Avatar
    I plan to do the same in a week or two. I don't anticipate any issues. I have learned to act like you've done it before & it usually works out fine.
    Don't let fear stop you from pursuing your dreams

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    Sara, no exaggeration - I've done it at least two dozen times (I travel a lot for my job).
    And I was hoping you'd respond, thank you!!! I knew you'd have nothing but positive to report.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

checking in

i have only done it once and did not have any problems. the desk clerk
    (a guy)
    didnt give me any indication that i was a crossdresser. i think that the whole
    secert is go into any place like you own the palce. hold your head high with a
    lots of confidence. you will be ok. have fun and enjoy yourself.

sue ellan

life is like a roll of tp. the closer to the end the faster it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by sue ellan View Post
    i have only done it once and did not have any problems. the desk clerk
    (a guy)
    didnt give me any indication that i was a crossdresser. i think that the whole
    secert is go into any place like you own the palce. hold your head high with a
    lots of confidence. you will be ok. have fun and enjoy yourself.

sue ellan

life is like a roll of tp. the closer to the end the faster it goes.
    That pretty much IS the deal. If you act like it's no big deal, so will they.

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar

S'easy

In a nutshell, it is just like buying anything else. This time you are hiring a room. That is the only difference to a shop in the mall.
    Mind the first time seems rather different.

~Samm

If you are nervous about it, book ahead of time and tell them that you are transgendered and will be checking in as Miss Sara .... It gives them am opportunity to make you feel welcome and not caught off guard.

The response I got after checking in was, Thank you ma'am. Enjoy your stay.
    Carin

I have gone on a journey in search if myself. If you find me before I return, please hold on to me until I get back.
    Telling our Children

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    Go for it Ive done it a few times just give them your femmine name when you make reservations and nobody cares.

Hey! I say go for it!! I have had nothing but positive experiences! It's always such a rush going out en femme in public! hehe..let me know how it goes
    Good Luck,
    Rebecca

Although I have done this only a few times, I have had no problems. I agree with the others who have commented that it is partly a matter of the hotels/motels being in the hospitality business and partly a matter of CDs to go about it in a confident way, expecting what anyone else expects--hospitality.
    On my first few times, I did call ahead just to check the waters. It probably helped, but I don't think that it's necessary any more.
    warmly, Linnea

I've checked into and out of several hotels, boarded planes and ships, rented cars and a whole host of shopping and never had any "real" problems. Now I say real problems because i've been called "sir" a couple times and the only problem with that is it crushes your ego a bit, and shows the true caliber of person you are dealing with. Take these times as an opportunity to educate them that those of us who go out presenting as women often prefer to be addressed as women. This is especially true with service personnel who make money from tips. Sometimes a little education will either dispell their ignorance or let it shine on through!!
    However, in all my travels I've noticed an easy way to spot TG friendly businesses: They have a little sign out front that says "Visa and Mastercard Accepted Here" :-) Sometimes it's just the little logos, but it all means the same, they want your money.

loves shoe shopping
    Since we're still men, do we have to have to take our bags to our rooms ourselves, or let the porter/bellboy do it, since we're presenting as women?

Quote Originally Posted by kymberlyjean View Post
    I've checked into and out of several hotels, boarded planes and ships, rented cars and a whole host of shopping and never had any "real" problems. Now I say real problems because i've been called "sir" a couple times and the only problem with that is it crushes your ego a bit, and shows the true caliber of person you are dealing with. Take these times as an opportunity to educate them that those of us who go out presenting as women often prefer to be addressed as women. This is especially true with service personnel who make money from tips. Sometimes a little education will either dispell their ignorance or let it shine on through!!
    However, in all my travels I've noticed an easy way to spot TG friendly businesses: They have a little sign out front that says "Visa and Mastercard Accepted Here" :-) Sometimes it's just the little logos, but it all means the same, they want your money.

Hey Kym, come stay at my hotel, I won't make the mistake of calling you sir. Actually, that goes for all the ladies here, I need the business...lol
    Never meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste great dipped in chocolate and covered with sprinkles

I'm a RED member

Just the girl next door. Michelle_Tokyo's Avatar
    Sara,
    It s soooooo much easier than you can believe. I am in the US this week and next week when I gt back to Tokyo will make a longer post about flying internationally from Tokyo via Chicago into DFW "Flying Pretty" as Kimberley so elegantly calls it. After that the check-in at the hotel here was a piece of cake. Honestly the thing that freaked me out the most about the hotel by he time I got here was how bedraggled I was looking and wanting to present as pretty a face as could.

Go for it and enjoy being pretty,

Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    It would be easy if we looked as good as you do Kim.
    But for the rest of us . . .
    Love,
    Jo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]All good things come to "she" who waits!

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by amy canada View Post
    Since we're still men, do we have to have to take our bags to our rooms ourselves, or let the porter/bellboy do it, since we're presenting as women?

Not this girl! I let the porter do it - whatever I'm wearing.

Sarah...

I have checked into hotels/motels enfemme maybe a dozen times in the last few years, no problems. But being called sir a couple a times, as I have been, was most ego deflating
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Silver Member
    done it more than once--as long as your credit card takes the charge for the room you are fine.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

I have checked in en Femme on several occasions and I must say I have NEVER had any negative experience. In fast, there's one place I have returned to a few times and I find they remember me and treat me extra nice!