Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Forum Without GGs...............

Unhappy A Forum Without GGs...............

We recently drove another GG off of this section. Of all the people that belong to this forum you would think that the advice we, the cder, would want the most is from the GG's. We "envy" women so much that we dress like, them yet if one of them gives us an honest answer from a women's perspective we seem to take offense. This makes no sense to me. Can someone please explain it to me?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Wild Women Never Get The Blues[/SIZE]

The outside may present as feminine and as beautiful as is possible.

The inside is still driven by the male ego.

Sometimes we really are "a man in a dress".
    Mirani - [meer-rahn-nee] Beauty to Behold; to "See" beauty

There is a forum here w/o GGs and there is a forum for GGs only - so there

are choices - like in another thread that was started today, do we want to

be praised and pumped up or do we want to hear the TRUTH - we need the

TRUTH and learn from the TRUTH - Truth is a whole lot better than FANTASY

JoAnne Wheeler
    "I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

I really can't blame GG's for leaving this part of the site with some of the comments made here and overtly male reponses. It is sad The problem is that there are many of us here that value their imput, positive and negative.

I wish that there was a private GG section that would want some CD inclusion. Maybe by Invite Only! I for one Identify with the GG point of view and want to mingle with the genetic girls.

Kelsy
    Last edited by Kelsy; 03-23-2009 at 04:54 AM.
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

I agree with Mirani. We should value and respect a womans opinion most seeing as that's who we are tyring to emmulate. I dont understand the questions that seem to ask for an opinion and then ignore it or worse attack it. I have yet to see any of the Ladies who answer here on this forum who are sarcastic or nasty in their opinion unless someone is rude or childish to them first.
    I treasure the advise of my Lady and any woman for that matter on questions about THEIR world! After all, shouldn't we ask an expert for an expert opinion?
    Isn't the point of having such a place as this to be able to talk to everyone? If we drive all the real women away and if we dont want any opinions but our own, we could all sit in our "closets" and ask oursleves and then if we do go "out into the real world" we can all look foolish because "we know better".
    Just my 2 cents, and I dont give change either.
    Well behaved Women rarely make history

"Generic" Girls lol ... nice one! Actually it's a good word - very appropriate "applicable to an entire class or group ". But GG stands for "Genetic"
    Mirani - [meer-rahn-nee] Beauty to Behold; to "See" beauty

Ive only been on this site a couple of months now,and its been invaluable to me,but what has happened lately, has put me off a bit too.Sheila is one of the main GG's who has gave me sound and honest advice ,and not just one sided either(sheila has looked at it from both sides)when i need it,and invaluable support with it.
    And yes i can go into the GGsection and keep contact with the girls and theyre advice etc.But although my SO doesnt get a lot of time to be on here(speaking for him,as what he said to me)the GG.s input,thoughts on things and the advice given that he reads on the posts,he has taken onboard and has also found invaluable when in our relationship( first time for him being able to be open about it in a relationship,and first time for me being in a CD relationship).
    And yes we all get frustrated,or depressed etc,both GG's and CD's,but for some on here to driving GG's away from this section,and even the site is very disappointing. Loren x
    Last edited by loren; 03-17-2009 at 12:16 PM.

I agree totally

Sometimes we do not like what we hear. Sometimes the GG can be a little rough on the rest of the girls. But we should be able to take it. And be ladylike about the whole thing.

Let's try to give them the benefit of the doubt. I have always thought we need them more than they need us.

We very much need the reality check they can offer too.

I miss some of the GG's that used to contribute regularly.
    Love,

Michelia

"Genius is the recovery of childhood at will." Rimbaud

It is sad when they are driven off.They are here to help and understand as well.Their insight from their point of view should be taken into consideration as well as their feelings.When people talk about GG's,it may not be that particular person but, you are still talking about women and they are a woman.I dont think its fair in ways Ive seen SO's are talked about.Life is what it is and not everyone is going to be accepting,we know that.We cant force things upon people who are not comfortable with them.The people we chose to be with should have the same right to be who they are.If we are not honest from the start,it makes a difficult situation.If you have someone who is willing to talk,the last thing we should be talking about is how unaccepting women are.If the person we are with is not accepting,we still chose to be with that person and it is not their fault that they believe what they believe.We are different in a way or many ways from regular men.That has to be seen.When a GG gives their perspective,we have to look in from the other side.That person you are trying to emulate is more then just clothes,mannerisms or whatever else that isnt exactly the same as really thinking like that person.They are here for a reason and I dont think it is to see women picked apart.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gold Member
    This is a fourm.
    People are going to bicker and act stupid, it is what people do on forums.
    It does not even matter the nature of the forum, people are going to pick at each other.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by MlleErin View Post
    This is a fourm.
    People are going to bicker and act stupid, it is what people do on forums.
    Aye. It's the Internets. You want civility?

Et tu, Brute?

A lot of good people leave... Not just GG's.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

I'm really sad to hear that anyone has left because they felt insulted. This forum is for inclusion and knowledge. Not bashing.
    Charlie

Always Pretty in Pink PanteeQueen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirani View Post
    The outside may present as feminine and as beautiful as is possible.

The inside is still driven by the male ego.

Sometimes we really are "a man in a dress".
    Couldn't put it better myself . . .

I personally would like seeing more women and their thoughts in this section. I really just hate calling them "GG's" BTW as I've said before but just go with the flow mostly to avoid confusion here. Without them here it wouldn't be the same, we definatly need their perspectives whether some like it or not.

My SO was knocking the whole "GG" thing the other night saying "I'm a GG looking for a BB now"...........I asked jokingly what the hell is a BB.......some kind of new boyfriend I think she meant

Quote Originally Posted by JoAnne Wheeler View Post
    There is a forum here w/o GGs and there is a forum for GGs only - so there

are choices - like in another thread that was started today, do we want to

be praised and pumped up or do we want to hear the TRUTH - we need the

TRUTH and learn from the TRUTH - Truth is a whole lot better than FANTASY

JoAnne Wheeler
    Heres some truth....this is not the JoAnne Wheeler Show.
    [SIZE="4"]Momarie[/SIZE]

Personally i feel we need the GGs here, they bring a sense of reality to something that very easily become sugar sweet and sickly.

They give us advice, from another perspective other than our own.
    The ones that come here are very supportive [despite how some may see it].

We can learn a lot from GGs being on this forum, not nessasarily things we want to hear, but it tends to be relevant anyway.

I could be prejudiced as i met my GG [Sheila] on here, but i always appreciated the advice given anyway, even if i didn't really like it!!

I say "good on them for supporting us"

BTW.....Sheilas not gone, she's just resting

If threads are marked "MTF" replies only, I don't take offense. If we wish to know what people think, we have to ask. People are reluctant to ask sometimes, because they fear the answer. Some people are more sensitive than others, and I don't want to be the vector of bad news. If I had something "mean" to say, I would feel that meanness before the recipient. Negativity gets tiresome. I come here because I am entertained, and I have CD/TG/TS friends. It's fun to chime in with a bit of friendliness.

To paraphrase: Thank heaven for GG's, without them what would 47.8% of CD's do? Even the 10% who hate, dislike, and despise their SO's, GF's and spouses.

Personally I would like to see a post from a spouse that said "My husband dressed today and he just doesn't understand why I feel the way I do." But they don't do that.

As mentioned here the females in this forum are trying to accept or have accepted the ape in a peignoir (I had to do that I get tired of bloke in a dress or man in a skirt) . But I can see how they feel like ducks in a shooting gallery. I am not against blowing off steam or even posting when you feel you have been dissed but don't take it out on an innocent person (male or female) who says what you don't want to hear. (BTW does this dress make my butt look fat?). Many of us here have run message boards or forums before and we know how tedious things can get and we know when advice is offered there will be a certain section that will disagree. Personally I closed my message board because of the arguments. I hope we don't ever have that problem here
    Last edited by Lorileah; 03-17-2009 at 03:00 PM. Reason: had to hire a spill chick
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

maybe we could ask politely..

For the person we lost to return...a petition maybe? A group request? I'd add my name to the list. Besides the fact that we need all the help we can get, the real motivation is, and should be, that we have no reason to be unkind to anyone here, especially those we are working so very hard to emulate!!!

tina

Quote Originally Posted by Mirani View Post
    "Generic" Girls lol ... nice one! Actually it's a good word - very appropriate "applicable to an entire class or group ". But GG stands for "Genetic"
    OOpsie!!! Genetic of course Hit the wrong key no disrespect intended OMG!

Kelsy
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

I feel some members have sensitivity and civility toward others,some are learning,and some could care less.Its important not to beat everyone with the same stick here.

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trisha59 View Post
    We recently drove another GG off of this section. Of all the people that belong to this forum you would think that the advice we, the cder, would want the most is from the GG's. We "envy" women so much that we dress like, them yet if one of them gives us an honest answer from a women's perspective we seem to take offense. This makes no sense to me. Can someone please explain it to me?
    It's because there seem to be artificial "boundaries" on advice and discussions. We see "GG only" or "MtF only" or "FtM only" instructions on threads. We have the FAB section and the GM section. There are continuous debates as to which particular part of the human condition one occupies and why that is different to another part. There is an almost evangelical zeal for "GG" validation and response. Amongst MtFs for the most part. So that's interesting wouldn't you say?

Yet very rarely do we see a plea for an objective "human" response. What do you suppose might happen if we had no markers or avatars that show what "category" of human each of us is? What if we had to survive in here on words alone? Not knowing for sure whether we were discussing things with and XY or an XX or an XXY person?

Even better, what if that's happening now? What if not everyone is what they show themselves as? How does that make us feel?

How do we feel about truly objective opinion, advice, commentary and support?

Just my tuppence worth. Yes, I know! Loads more questions. But these are the things I think of when I read threads like this and threads in which different groups of people are basically intolerant of each other.

Sarah...

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    To paraphrase: Thank heaven for GG's,
    Sorry, I couldn't resist!

I couldn't find the Maurice Chevalier version though.

Reine

I think if GG's come to this forum is to express theyr point of view and because they are interested or curious about us CD's, i think they opinion is valuable, they are the people we try to look alike or in must cases to be like, i just made good friendship with a GG through this forum and i think her opinion and advice are great.